NHL Discussion

Any love for the Islanders?

pulling for them or the caps. won't be mad if literally anyone else but san jose wins it though.

the ducks losing was amazingly lolz. 4 division chamionships in a row along with 4 game 7 losses in a row?! geez. that's rough to watch. half of me thinks the game 7 curse gabby is carrying is hilarious, the other half feels bad for him. getzlaf and perry failed him and i honestly think they rushed gibson starting 2 yrs ago. guy is good but needs more time. switching to andersen at game 3 was too late.

9 hours ago, ptothedo said:

don't think I've liked a pens team more since the early 90s.

ditto.  The speed is incredible, the goonery is seemingly gone from the team, and Murray... dear lord has he been fun to watch!  I love Sheary and Bonino, they're great compliments to Crosby/Hornqvist and Kessel/Hagelin with Malkin floating between those lines with Kunitz and whoever gets the extra shift.  

1 hour ago, kgry said:

Really had high hopes the Caps would pull that off. I love how many game 7s there are. And I'm really pulling for a team that hasn't won a cup in a while/ever to win this thing. Which is basically every team left.

I kind of hope that the Lightning or Pens don't win. I'd love to see a first time champ, though not sure if I'd prefer the Blues or Sharks. Preds vs. Bolts final would be brutal for the league, especially if Stamkos doesn't return...

Blues. I lived in Missouri as a kid. They used to be owned by a dog food company. They're the oldest team to never win a cup. They have a pretty cool logo. Let's go Blues!

or if not that, I will grudgingly root for the Lightning, as my Michigander heart would never begrudge The Captain another cup.

On 5/11/2016 at 9:13 AM, kgry said:

Really had high hopes the Caps would pull that off. I love how many game 7s there are. And I'm really pulling for a team that hasn't won a cup in a while/ever to win this thing. Which is basically every team left.

Pens had a cup in '09, so it hasn't been THAT long. However, I'm a Pittsburgh boy, so I'm hoping they win another.

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

After looking gassed in game 1 the pens are just dominating the bolts

Despite what the commentators believe (on whatever stream I was watching), I don't think that Stamkos is enough to get them through this series. Pens offense is very scary right now and Lightning can't seem to get much zone time. If they could get into the zone on the PP, maybe they could sustain some momentum. 

The last thing I want is for Pittsburgh to get another cup.