NHL Discussion

Will be pissed if Dallas gets in.

These past few days have been awful for Dallas fans. We've been chasing 2-3 teams for the past week or so and all we needed was someone to lose. Every team won every game.

The Stars have to win tomorrow and the Blackhawks have to lose in regulation in order for the Stars to get in. It sucks because the Stars brought this situation on themselves. They've blown so many wins this past month, it's unreal.

It's going to be an exciting Sunday for me.

An early-round Buffalo-Philly matchup is always exciting. If Buffalo can play good defense, they will rip apart poor goaltending on Philly's end.

This.

Miller is a good enough goaltender to hold off Philly by himself. The Flyers have been tanking the last part of the season, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a first round upset

Miller's been ... different... this year. On and off, some REALLY bad games mixed in. If he brings his A game and the defense doesn't flat out suck, the Sabres shouldn't really struggle with this series. They've peaked at the right time, while Philly got complacent long ago. Plus for whatever reason the Flyers don't seem to believe in that crease-out style of building a team. How many different starters have they had in the last few years? 45? I can't even think of the last legitimate #1 goalie they had, unless I'm just totally blanking. They try to ride the hot-flashes of unknown goalies like Moose Hedberg and Bob.

I don't think it's going to be THAT easy of a series. I would not at all be surprised if Buffalo took it, but I think the Flyers will at least put up a fight. Hoping Laviolette is really kicking their asses these few days off and waking them up. Would love for him to put away his boner for Bob and realize the dude is not that good, Boucher at least has the experience and has shown in the past that he can come up huge when it really counts.

I'm in a pool for the playoffs at my school - pick 5 forwards and 3 defencemen.. no trades or exchanges. 1 point for goals/assists, most points at the end takes all the money.

Who would you guys pick if you were in that? The thought process seems to be : who is going deep? Which players will carry them there?

I think it's all going to come down to who is picked on D.