What video games have you been playing?

I've been watching Greg from IGN play a little SimCity over on youtube, definitely intrigued. havent played a sim game in a long time. I'll wait a few days though, from the state of the articles on the internet, it seems the servers are being raped pretty hard right now. Since it needs a constant internet connection, people can't play.

This is my biggest hesitation getting this.  I'm a big fan of not playing online with games like that.  I haven't played Civ IV or V online and have no intention to haha.

I've been playing SimCity the past few hours. Have had no server issues but I do agree the cities are way too small. I'm getting bitched at because I don't have enough workers but there's literally no space left to build any homes and when I take out any industrial stuff they say it's too low. Regardless, I am loving this game. Super happy I preordered last minute!

It'll chill out over the next couple days, I thought I was pissed about having a constant connection with Diablo III when it came out. Was only a problem for the first couple days because of the entire internet wanting to play the same game at the same time, but when excitement wears off the problems aren't bad.Can't think of a time where I was bummed that I couldn't play because I wasn't on the internet. 

I've been playing SimCity the past few hours. Have had no server issues but I do agree the cities are way too small. I'm getting bitched at because I don't have enough workers but there's literally no space left to build any homes and when I take out any industrial stuff they say it's too low. Regardless, I am loving this game. Super happy I preordered last minute!

I'm getting it later this week, have you tried region play yet?

It'll chill out over the next couple days, I thought I was pissed about having a constant connection with Diablo III when it came out. Was only a problem for the first couple days because of the entire internet wanting to play the same game at the same time, but when excitement wears off the problems aren't bad.Can't think of a time where I was bummed that I couldn't play because I wasn't on the internet. 

Good point, haha.

I know very little about computer speed / graphics and all that jazz. I have a 2 year old $400 HP laptop, can I play Sim City?

Hard to say without knowing more about what's inside the laptop (I.e. processor, ram, graphics card, etc.) I'd probably guess it's not capable- I'd imagine the laptop uses an integrated gpu which is weak for gaming. Although I would imagine a game like SimCity is more reliant on processing power. Try checking out the website "can you run it" for an idea.

I've been playing Fallout 3 since December. I reached the level 20 cap a few days ago and I don't have a hard drive for the add-ons to raise the cap. I didn't realize how much subtle enjoyment came from exp notifications. I almost don't want to play again until I get a hard drive for the xbox.

Also tried Sonic Generations since it's supposed to harken back to the Genesis Sonics I grew up with. It's fun, but not the same. I think I'll go revisit the old games with the Sega Collection.

I've been playing Fallout 3 since December. I reached the level 20 cap a few days ago and I don't have a hard drive for the add-ons to raise the cap. I didn't realize how much subtle enjoyment came from exp notifications. I almost don't want to play again until I get a hard drive for the xbox.

Also tried Sonic Generations since it's supposed to harken back to the Genesis Sonics I grew up with. It's fun, but not the same. I think I'll go revisit the old games with the Sega Collection.

Fallout 3 had some of the best DLC, Point Lookout is insane. Level caps also add new perks.

I started the new Tomb Raider last night and am enjoying it. It has been forever since I played the original so I really have no comparison there.

I started the new Tomb Raider last night and am enjoying it. It has been forever since I played the original so I really have no comparison there.

I really do want this.  I've never played a Tomb Raider game in my entire life, but this remake has definitely interested me.

New Naruto game is fucking awesome.  Soooo glad they made the story mode like Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.