What video games have you been playing?

How? The game really pushed the PS3 to it's limits. Not to mention the story and emotion were amazing. Truly a masterpiece.

I posted a whole back my take on the game in much more detail. In short, though -- story and visuals are an A. Gameplay is repetitive. No bosses or anything to break up the monotony. Just 3 or 4 classes of villian, with some slight variations on them.

But my point was more that even if you disagree with my take, playing a linear RPG 6 times through in 2 years is just overkill. Maybe I could see it with something like a final fantasy where you miss a ton the first time through and can take multiple paths through the game but even there, 6 times is overkill.

It's a good game. It's not god's gift to mankind. Play it once or twice on ps3, then once remastered. There's a ton of comparable games out there to keep things fresh.

Don't mean to dwell on one comment entirely, but that is the main one that drew out my comment.

I posted a whole back my take on the game in much more detail. In short, though -- story and visuals are an A. Gameplay is repetitive. No bosses or anything to break up the monotony. Just 3 or 4 classes of villian, with some slight variations on them.

But my point was more that even if you disagree with my take, playing a linear RPG 6 times through in 2 years is just overkill. Maybe I could see it with something like a final fantasy where you miss a ton the first time through and can take multiple paths through the game but even there, 6 times is overkill.

It's a good game. It's not god's gift to mankind. Play it once or twice on ps3, then once remastered. There's a ton of comparable games out there to keep things fresh.

Don't mean to dwell on one comment entirely, but that is the main one that drew out my comment.

I agree with you on the bosses aspect. That would've helped some. Even just for variety sake. I've only beaten it once. (I don't really replay games much outside of sports games).

Huh? There's 3 or 4 bosses and the environments are constantly changing. Your definition of repetitiveness applies to every game ever.

Also, Final Fantasy games and JRPGs in general are definitely more linear and have far less replayability than this game with their complete lack of difficulty options. Have you ever played a Final Fantasy game?

I'm sure we've had this conversation before too haha

okay good. the kid there was a popped collar, hollister wearing douche bag w/ a cross necklace and gauged ears, who acted like he didn't know what the hell was going on. /rant

apparently i got the last copy though, so score?

Sounds to me like that store was probably overly hoarding their sealed preordered copies. Probably a newish manager there. 48 hour pickup is usually like 70% at best, and by then they have received restocks. Sorry you got a circle sticker sealed copy, but ya know you could've 1. Plunked down an entire $5 to preorder a copy or 2. Reserved a copy for in store pickup online for free (and you would've received free in game boosts)?

I totally agree with this. My brother LOVED the game, and I enjoyed watching him play it, but to me it just seems boring. Walk here, fight, walk there, fight, ratchet up your gun etc. I can appreciate the graphics and the storytelling but, to me, it lacked something. I guess there weren't enough varied gameplay elements. 

I totally agree with this. My brother LOVED the game, and I enjoyed watching him play it, but to me it just seems boring. Walk here, fight, walk there, fight, ratchet up your gun etc. I can appreciate the graphics and the storytelling but, to me, it lacked something. I guess there weren't enough varied gameplay elements. 

What's a game with varied gameplay elements to you then? Also, you watched and he played... he loved it and you thought something was missing. Maybe it was the controller in your hands :P

What's a game with varied gameplay elements to you then? Also, you watched and he played... he loved it and you thought something was missing. Maybe it was the controller in your hands :P

I played it for a little while and I don't know what specifically they could have done, but they needed to add something. I mean you shoot somebody and you can't use their bullets (minor gripe I know - would have made the game too easy). You walk to one area while sneaking up on the Infected and strike then you're good. Then walk to another area and kill more Infected. It's repetitive. I did say the story was good but there needed to be something more gameplay wise. And I don't know what that is. I think the story is good, the acting is great and the graphics are amazing on the PS3 but to me it lacks something. 

I played it for a little while and I don't know what specifically they could have done, but they needed to add something. I mean you shoot somebody and you can't use their bullets (minor gripe I know - would have made the game too easy). You walk to one area while sneaking up on the Infected and strike then you're good. Then walk to another area and kill more Infected. It's repetitive. I did say the story was good but there needed to be something more gameplay wise. And I don't know what that is. I think the story is good, the acting is great and the graphics are amazing on the PS3 but to me it lacks something. 

What's a game with varied gameplay elements to you then?

I mean you shoot somebody and you can't use their bullets (minor gripe I know - would have made the game too easy).

Yea, you definitely can't complain about that. It's a game about survival. If bullets were growing on trees it would have taken away from the whole experience. I do understand that the game wasn't for everyone, but you can't argue with the general consensus that this game is damn near flawless.

Varied Gameplay elements quick list: (even though Last Of Us -is a different game-)

-Batman - Arkham Series

-Ratchet and Clank Series

-Metal Gear Solid Series

-Borderlands Series

-Infamous Series

Happy?  :)

I understand that Last Of Us is a different game and different gameplay elements may not have fit, I just wish the developers could have done something more. 

I also understand you are a big fan (Shelby), I just have a differing opinion on the game. 

Varied Gameplay elements quick list: (even though Last Of Us -is a different game-)

-Batman - Arkham Series

-Metal Gear Solid Series

-Borderlands Series

-Infamous Series

I understand that Last Of Us is a different game and different gameplay elements may not have fit, I just wish the developers could have done something more. 

I also understand you are a big fan (Shelby), I just have a differing opinion on the game. 

It wasn't even my favorite game last year, you two just have a really weird argument that can be applied to every game you just listed.

-Batman - Arkham Series

-Metal Gear Solid Series

-Borderlands Series

-Infamous Series

All of those with the exception of Metal Gear (and maybe Batman? haven't played plast Asylum) have just as repetitive gameplay as the Last of Us...moreso even. Fucking Borderlands is the epitome of repetitious.

All of those with the exception of Metal Gear (and maybe Batman? haven't played plast Asylum) have just as repetitive gameplay as the Last of Us...

City is just a bigger Asylum. All those games are great but I'd definitely say a few are way more repetitive than TLoU. Especially Borderlands and Infamous.