What video games have you been playing?

City is just a bigger Asylum. All those games are great but I'd definitely say a few are way more repetitive than TLoU. Especially Borderlands and Infamous.

You see, you asked for games with that have varied "gameplay" elements that I like. My opinion is that I like those games and gameplay. Your opinion is that you like Last Of Us, which I thought was boring. Different strokes. 

City is just a bigger Asylum. All those games are great but I'd definitely say a few are way more repetitive than TLoU. Especially Borderlands and Infamous.

Pretty much every video game is repetitive. The key is using the story or fun gameplay to make you not notice. Pretty much every game on that list pulled it off for me, with TLOU having the most compelling story of them all.

You see, you asked for games with that have varied "gameplay" elements that I like. My opinion is that I like those games and gameplay. Your opinion is that you like Last Of Us, which I thought was boring. Different strokes. 

I must be confused, you're saying you want varied gameplay elements to keep you interested. You just straight up don't like the gameplay, just say that next time.

Pretty much every video game is repetitive. The key is using the story or fun gameplay to make you not notice. Pretty much every game on that list pulled it off for me, with TLOU having the most compelling story of them all.

That's what I've been saying, I'm just trying to understand what they mean haha

Whose "you two"? Biglewbowski? I don't even see him arguing here. 

He hasn't replied yet, but you just shared his opinion here:

I totally agree with this. My brother LOVED the game, and I enjoyed watching him play it, but to me it just seems boring. Walk here, fight, walk there, fight, ratchet up your gun etc. I can appreciate the graphics and the storytelling but, to me, it lacked something. I guess there weren't enough varied gameplay elements. 

This is literally what I said on my first post of this argument: 

Walk here, fight, walk there, fight, ratchet up your gun etc. I can appreciate the graphics and the storytelling but, to me, it lacked something. I guess there weren't enough varied gameplay elements. 

I said what I mean. 

Last of Us is totally fine.

Arguably even pretty damn good.

I just don't think it was quite as good as people made it out to be.

Feel me?

Maybe its just me, but for me... I bought a PS3 due to that hype train and ended up having loads more fun with the free PSN+ indie titles.

The hype train will do that.

I'm mostly staying out of it because to really compare last of us to Arkham is a 5 paragraph essay that I don't feel like writing.

Have you played the uncharted series? It's basically the same game (minus the cliff hopping) built on the same repetitive engine. It produces really nice graphics but is so grounded, linear, and slow in comparison to other games (like those listed).

The fact that others agree with me (at least on aspects) is proof that the game is not perfect. After a whole page of jerking off in anticipation of a remastered version, that's all I was getting at.

Jerking off? There's like 6 posts by three users talking about how excited they were to pick up the game, one of which would be playing it for the first time. No one would argue the game is perfect (except $IGN$), if any game was perfect there would be no reason to make any more games. It's just a solid adventure game with a compelling story, the end.

So what's your guys' opinion on buying a console through eBay?  Eying a few BIN PS4s that are $50 cheaper than retail, with literally 1,000+ units sold through the [power] seller in question.  I'm just iffy on it for whatever reason.  Is it worth the extra $50 for a peace of mind, if I went through Amazon or even a physical store?  Seems like a potential return would be a lot easier, if something was screwy right out of the gates.

[edit]

And while you're here / reading this post; what's your stance on gaming on a HDTV vs. a HD monitor?  Even though I'm a console guy, I've always opted to play on monitors for whatever reason.  The response time has just always felt so much more accurate for me.  The parents have a beautiful, massive LED flat-screen that they bought a year or two... and I've tried gaming on it a few times, but it just feels sluggish and "off" to me.  It's possible that I wasn't using the right settings, or perhaps I've just been too conditioned to playing on my own monitor... but whatever the case was, I wasn't into it.

I ask because I currently have an older 360 that isn't even hooked up via HDMI.  My current Samsung monitor - that's been very good to me, and that I love to death - probably doesn't even do 1080p.  So obviously I'm going to upgrade when I pick up a new console.  I did a bit of research last night... and for the sake of both physical space and budget, I think a new monitor is in my best interest.  Really leaning towards an Asus MX279H.  Any advice or suggestions?

I bought my PS4 through eBay and it was the best, bought it on Thursday and it was here Monday. If it's a reputable seller with tons of feedback I wouldn't worry about it. I guess if you buy it through a brick & mortar store there could be warranty options available to you, but you can purchase a warranty through Sony on the PSN if you desire.

I've been console gaming on my desktop monitor for a few years and while it looks great, I am eager for my new roommate to arrive with his HDTV. Something about sitting back on the couch with a controller in your hand can't be beat.

The Last of Us multiplayer is the only game I've played since SOCOM 2 that even comes close to the stellar multiplayer in that game.

Well... While in Gamestop last night picking up my Last of Us copy... I MIGHT have bought a 3ds XL.

Not sure if I regret this purchase yet or not. Been enjoying the hell out of some nostalgic Pokémon X gameplay though. And it looks like there are a bunch of games that seem worthwhile for the console... Fire Emblem, maybe Luigi, maybe Kirby, the 2 Zeldas, Smash Bros in October, Shovel Knight...

Anyone else play a 3ds?

Well... While in Gamestop last night picking up my Last of Us copy... I MIGHT have bought a 3ds XL.

Not sure if I regret this purchase yet or not. Been enjoying the hell out of some nostalgic Pokémon X gameplay though. And it looks like there are a bunch of games that seem worthwhile for the console... Fire Emblem, maybe Luigi, maybe Kirby, the 2 Zeldas, Smash Bros in October, Shovel Knight...

Anyone else play a 3ds?

I bought one just for pokemon x also and I love it. Mario kart is super fun and Donkey Kong too. It's a good system for traveling and just having around for small down time.