What video games have you been playing?

Infinite is easy to get through, you could work it in there. But if you pick it up make sure you get both parts to Burial at Sea.

Will do. I haven't gotten any dlc for the other ones, but I've heard nothing but good things about burial at sea, both in general and from you guys!

LoU is very over hyped. It wasn't fun.

Same dude who was crushed because Deafheaven didn't live up to the hype, right?  Noticing an ongoing trend.

Yanquiuxo was generous enough to let me borrow his spare copy of TLOU for the PS3 months ago.  And it is with great shame (and also pleasure) that I say I'm just now getting around to playing it.  And with only a few hours in so far, I'm loving it.  It hasn't proven to be THE BEST GAME EVER, but that's because I've taken all the hype and praise with a grain of salt.  (That, and I'm still very early into it.  It's impossible for me to review the storyline or features since they're still trickling every time I pick up the controller.)

But even just a few hours in, I can say that this game is pretty fucking awesome.  It's beautiful, it's well-paced, and it's engaging.  Not sure what game you "eh, it wasn't fun" or "totally overrated and boring" guys are playing.  From the opening sequence the game makes sure you aren't given time to yawn.  This afternoon I crawled around a decrepit history museum, holding my breath while I tip-toed close enough to Clickers to shiv them to death.  And when I ran out of shivs, I held my breath even longer when I had to sneak past the remaining two.  Motionlessly crouched while they shuffled past within sneezing distance.  That shit was intense, and not something I've encountered in a game for a long time.  Growing up with Resident Evil games, this is an entirely different animal.

Not to pigeonhole anyone who has negative things to say about the game, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who think it's "boring" are probably used to mowing down hoards of undead / Nazi zombies / whatever with a machine gun or rocket launcher.  And to me, that's overdone.  This game doesn't need high speed driving bits.  Or mundane turret / shoot-everything-you-see segments.  Or Michael Bay explosion button-sequences.  I'm playing on Normal for my first run through, and finding myself really considering when to use scarce ammo, whether I should be crafting health kits or Molotov cocktails, and how I should be confronting baddies.  I'm also eager to play onward to see what happens – when a cut scene rolls, I look forward to ogling the detail in the graphics and progressing the story.  Every single time I've had to pause, save, and power down the console... it's been with hesitance and-or disdain at halting my progress.  I can only sing of its praises at the moment - and I'll gladly come back to critique the game if it becomes weak in plot or mundane in gameplay - but as it stands, the hype has been justified in my books.

Something interesting to note is that I've been gaming on an Xbox / 360 for the last 10 years, and was horrendous with the controls when I picked up the PS3 controller and booted this game up.  I am very much not a Sony fanboy, nor do I have any bias for or against this game.  I'd just like to think that I know an incredibly unique, engaging, and well-done game when I see one.

Will do. I haven't gotten any dlc for the other ones, but I've heard nothing but good things about burial at sea, both in general and from you guys!

If it seems like something you'd be into, try Minervas Den too. It was the only story based add-on for Bioshock 2, and beats the actual game, imo.

If it seems like something you'd be into, try Minervas Den too. It was the only story based add-on for Bioshock 2, and beats the actual game, imo.

I'll probably snag it. My problem with DLC is this: the way I buy games, I usually get them when they hit around $5-$10 used, so the DLC essentially doubles or triples the price I paid for the game! That said, I'll probably snag the Bioshock ones and also probably some from Dishonored, because that game also rules.

Same dude who was crushed because Deafheaven didn't live up to the hype, right? Noticing an ongoing trend.

Yanquiuxo was generous enough to let me borrow his spare copy of TLOU for the PS3 months ago. And it is with great shame (and also pleasure) that I say I'm just now getting around to playing it. And with only a few hours in so far, I'm loving it. It hasn't proven to be THE BEST GAME EVER, but that's because I've taken all the hype and praise with a grain of salt. (That, and I'm still very early into it. It's impossible for me to review the storyline or features since they're still trickling every time I pick up the controller.)

But even just a few hours in, I can say that this game is pretty fucking awesome. It's beautiful, it's well-paced, and it's engaging. Not sure what game you "eh, it wasn't fun" or "totally overrated and boring" guys are playing. From the opening sequence the game makes sure you aren't given time to yawn. This afternoon I crawled around a decrepit history museum, holding my breath while I tip-toed close enough to Clickers to shiv them to death. And when I ran out of shivs, I held my breath even longer when I had to sneak past the remaining two. Motionlessly crouched while they shuffled past within sneezing distance. That shit was intense, and not something I've encountered in a game for a long time. Growing up with Resident Evil games, this is an entirely different animal.

Not to pigeonhole anyone who has negative things to say about the game, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who think it's "boring" are probably used to mowing down hoards of undead / Nazi zombies / whatever with a machine gun or rocket launcher. And to me, that's overdone. This game doesn't need high speed driving bits. Or mundane turret / shoot-everything-you-see segments. Or Michael Bay explosion button-sequences. I'm playing on Normal for my first run through, and finding myself really considering when to use scarce ammo, whether I should be crafting health kits or Molotov cocktails, and how I should be confronting baddies. I'm also eager to play onward to see what happens – when a cut scene rolls, I look forward to ogling the detail in the graphics and progressing the story. Every single time I've had to pause, save, and power down the console... it's been with hesitance and-or disdain at halting my progress. I can only sing of its praises at the moment - and I'll gladly come back to critique the game if it becomes weak in plot or mundane in gameplay - but as it stands, the hype has been justified in my books.

Something interesting to note is that I've been gaming on an Xbox / 360 for the last 10 years, and was horrendous with the controls when I picked up the PS3 controller and booted this game up. I am very much not a Sony fanboy, nor do I have any bias for or against this game. I'd just like to think that I know an incredibly unique, engaging, and well-done game when I see one.

Very well said. This is exactly why this game is one of my favorites

Same dude who was crushed because Deafheaven didn't live up to the hype, right?  Noticing an ongoing trend.

Yanquiuxo was generous enough to let me borrow his spare copy of TLOU for the PS3 months ago.  And it is with great shame (and also pleasure) that I say I'm just now getting around to playing it.  And with only a few hours in so far, I'm loving it.  It hasn't proven to be THE BEST GAME EVER, but that's because I've taken all the hype and praise with a grain of salt.  (That, and I'm still very early into it.  It's impossible for me to review the storyline or features since they're still trickling every time I pick up the controller.)

But even just a few hours in, I can say that this game is pretty fucking awesome.  It's beautiful, it's well-paced, and it's engaging.  Not sure what game you "eh, it wasn't fun" or "totally overrated and boring" guys are playing.  From the opening sequence the game makes sure you aren't given time to yawn.  This afternoon I crawled around a decrepit history museum, holding my breath while I tip-toed close enough to Clickers to shiv them to death.  And when I ran out of shivs, I held my breath even longer when I had to sneak past the remaining two.  Motionlessly crouched while they shuffled past within sneezing distance.  That shit was intense, and not something I've encountered in a game for a long time.  Growing up with Resident Evil games, this is an entirely different animal.

Not to pigeonhole anyone who has negative things to say about the game, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who think it's "boring" are probably used to mowing down hoards of undead / Nazi zombies / whatever with a machine gun or rocket launcher.  And to me, that's overdone.  This game doesn't need high speed driving bits.  Or mundane turret / shoot-everything-you-see segments.  Or Michael Bay explosion button-sequences.  I'm playing on Normal for my first run through, and finding myself really considering when to use scarce ammo, whether I should be crafting health kits or Molotov cocktails, and how I should be confronting baddies.  I'm also eager to play onward to see what happens – when a cut scene rolls, I look forward to ogling the detail in the graphics and progressing the story.  Every single time I've had to pause, save, and power down the console... it's been with hesitance and-or disdain at halting my progress.  I can only sing of its praises at the moment - and I'll gladly come back to critique the game if it becomes weak in plot or mundane in gameplay - but as it stands, the hype has been justified in my books.

Something interesting to note is that I've been gaming on an Xbox / 360 for the last 10 years, and was horrendous with the controls when I picked up the PS3 controller and booted this game up.  I am very much not a Sony fanboy, nor do I have any bias for or against this game.  I'd just like to think that I know an incredibly unique, engaging, and well-done game when I see one.

Not trying to start anything personal, but I must say I'm one of the people who didn't really enjoy TLoU.  I'm not saying it wasn't a good game, it was.  But the gameplay is where it really didn't click for me.  The story was topnotch, but the gameplay was just horrendous IMHO.  And I will say I am the biggest fan of ND and think Uncharted is a fantastic series.  Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but saying someone is wrong for not liking a game is just crazy.

I also do not play games where you just run and gun (COD).  I played Wolfenstein, Knack, Killzone, MGS, Need for Speed and others on my PS4 with no complaints.  I just have a different vibe for games than most people.  Graphics and story can only do so much, gameplay needs to drive it home.  Hopefully this doesn't get out of hand, I just wanted to express my views on this.

I dunno how you can enjoy the gameplay of Uncharted but not the Last of Us, it's basically the exact same + sneaking mechanics.

Not at all.  The biggest gripe I had with TLoU was the minimal bullets/weapons.  I understand the period it is set in, but it just got not fun.  The gunplay in Uncharted I felt was more fluid.  Even though both games had enemies that were bullet sponges.

EDIT:  I will rephrase by saying the sneaking aspect of TLoU got put in the forefront.  Whilst in Uncharted it's meant to be played run/gun/cover (if that makes any sense).

Lack of ammo/resources is what makes the game rad imho. I was creeped out last night playing as Ellie in the woods because of the lack of ammo, and the knowledge that clickers were coming.

Lack of ammo/resources is what makes the game rad imho. I was creeped out last night playing as Ellie in the woods because of the lack of ammo, and the knowledge that clickers were coming.

I can't wait to finally play Grounded mode. I thought Survivor mode was fucking awesome having to plan exactly what I'm trying to do conserving everything since you scavenge basically nothing.

Man Bioshock Infinite. That was a game. I'm gonna grab those story DLCs now while I remember.

ALSO

I just put in an order for one of these bad boys:

0PaDcks.png

New custom shell, backlit screen installed and a glass screen lens to top it all off. Looking forward to getting my hands on this baby!