What video games have you been playing?

57 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I pre-ordered a Switch from Best Buy last night (hoping I can get one from Amazon instead and cancel the first order). I'm not gonna lie, that press conference was pretty goofy and they could've done a much better job via a Nintendo Direct instead. I also wish they would've touted this more as a handheld console opposed to a full blown home console, it won't hold a candle to the XB1 or PS4 but will still have it's place in my home, especially since I have two kids who love their DSs and this will be replacing those in the market.

Hell, I might even need to buy another later on so they don't fight over it.

Amazon already sold out, so you're stuck with Best Buy unless amazon restocks. The baby had me up till after 4am and I had been refreshing all night. It popped somewhere between 3:15am and 3:25am because my confirmation email got sent at 3:28 but I didn't get the alert for when it dropped like I was supposed to.  

I'm only buying this for a handful of first party exclusives, and because there still isn't better couch multiplayer than Mario Kart. 

Like all of the other nintendo systems i will wait until its out for a few years and there is a bigger back catalogue to draw from. I bought a Wii very close to when it came out and i found it sitting for a while until a game i wanted came out. They arent cranking out games like x box and playstation,  which is fine, but id rather have 10 games in the hopper i can go to instead of reaching and getting games indont care about just to play the system. 

I may cancel my amazon order if my GameStop has any left in a couple days. My buddy is bummed I didn't go through them first but i just wanted it done and out of the way. When I went in there to PO Zelda and Mario Kart, he said they had like 3 regular systems left and 6 with colored Joy Cons that weren't up for reserve yet for some reason. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=KD7YA97qdys

So much salt haha, but I do appreciate a less enthusiastic opinion from gamers I trust.

We live in a world where people will gladly spend the same amount, if not more, on iPads. I'm not worried about the lack of launch software, the Switch is going to be focused at both their handheld market and console market. Nintendo WILL make games for the Switch, or they won't make any games at all.

In a perfect world, I'd like to have a Switch for all my single player needs. Minus console exclusives of course. And then keep my Xbox mainly for multiplayer stuff. But if single player games are multiplatform, I hope they are also developed for Switch (Assassin's Creed, South Park, Mass Effect, the next Far Cry, The Witness, Prey, maybe a version of the new Resident Evil. Stuff like that).  I want those big third-party single player games to come to Switch.. Buuuuuut...considering the specs, it doesn't look that will happen. I mean could this even hypothetically run The Witcher 3?

Oh and give me GameCube games on the Virtual Console please and thank you.

I now have Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart preordered, and I plan on picking up Has Been Heroes at launch since it's only $20. I also intend to get Mario Odyssey and Lego City when they come out. I just got Skyrim on my One a couple months back and refuse to buy it again haha. Plus, it's not gonna look or perform better than the SE on the One or PS4. 

Edit: Nevermind on Has Been Heroes, I literally just read that it's getting a One release as well. I prefer all multi platform games to be played on my One. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

16 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I now have Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart preordered, and I plan on picking up Has Been Heroes at launch since it's only $20. I also intend to get Mario Odyssey and Lego City when they come out. I just got Skyrim on my One a couple months back and refuse to buy it again haha. Plus, it's not gonna look or perform better than the SE on the One or PS4. 

Edit: Nevermind on Has Been Heroes, I literally just read that it's getting a One release as well. I prefer all multi platform games to be played on my One. 

Just checked out that Has Been Heroes game, that would be super fun to play on the go. I wish Puyo Puyo Tetris was a launch game. I'm gonna play the hell out of that on the Switch. Same for Sonic Mania.

So far thinking I'm just gonna grab Zelda and Just Dance for my girls at launch. My oldest wants Arms but that game looks wack as hell haha.

38 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Just checked out that Has Been Heroes game, that would be super fun to play on the go. I wish Puyo Puyo Tetris was a launch game. I'm gonna play the hell out of that on the Switch. Same for Sonic Mania.

So far thinking I'm just gonna grab Zelda and Just Dance for my girls at launch. My oldest wants Arms but that game looks wack as hell haha.

Yeah, Arms does look lame haha. I was planning on getting Sonic Mania on the One anyway, may get it for Switch as well. I think Zelda will be my only launch date game, which is totally fine as it'll be a massive game. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yeah, Arms does look lame haha. I was planning on getting Sonic Mania on the One anyway, may get it for Switch as well. I think Zelda will be my only launch date game, which is totally fine as it'll be a massive game. 

True. Also with  Persona 5, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Horizon, and RE7 right around the corner I don't think I'll be hard pressed to find anything to play while waiting games to get developed for the Switch. Plus I still need to finish Mafia 3, Titanfall 2, Dead Rising 4, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, and haven't even started The Last Of Us Remastered. 

32 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

True. Also with  Persona 5, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Horizon, and RE7 right around the corner I don't think I'll be hard pressed to find anything to play while waiting games to get developed for the Switch. Plus I still need to finish Mafia 3, Titanfall 2, Dead Rising 4, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, and haven't even started The Last Of Us Remastered. 

Same haha, my backlog is stupid anyway. I'm working on Mafia 3, TellTale Batman, Battleborn, ReCore, RE4-6 (replaying 4&5), TellTale Walking Dead (replay to refresh memory for season 3), Gears of War 4, and I haven't unwrapped the Prototype Biohazard Bundle. I'm trying to finish up what I can to trade in towards RE7 and South Park though. 

Pretty bummed about the Switch info.

Was set to buy it for a pre bday gift to myself and my kiddo loves watching me play zelda games at the $250.00 tag

But the $300 tag, low memory, high priced accessories, wii and wii u pro controlers dont carry over, same desert of games planned as the wii u had, pay to play online, MK8 debacle (wii u dident have proper battle mode) now i have to pay $60 again to get it they should have made a MK9 or a free/cheap copy on switch.

I think ill just get Zelda on Wii u and wait for a price drop like the 3ds did months after launch

Apparently Breath of the Wild won't be too different on each console as far as performance goes. It makes me kind of want to pick it up for Wii U but I want the Switch so bad that I'll probably keep my preorder for it from Gamestop. I'll probably grab that Bomberman game too if the price drops.

59 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Apparently Breath of the Wild won't be too different on each console as far as performance goes. It makes me kind of want to pick it up for Wii U but I want the Switch so bad that I'll probably keep my preorder for it from Gamestop. I'll probably grab that Bomberman game too if the price drops.

Ghus and Friendo <3

43 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I never fully got through RE6. It got Kinda old to me. Hopefully that wont be a problem for 7 as it looks great....

Yeah 6 was such a drain to finish. Way too many repeating areas between the different storylines. I think there was one boss that you fought like 5 times as all different characters.