Jump to content
jayeffscene

What video games have you been playing?

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Paging all neckbeards.

 

Um, I eat Doritos every so often so I got you. Is it like how Destiny was with Red Bull?

Yah, basically if your bag/bottle says anything about Titanfall2 on it, it has a code somewhere. The $1 size bags seemed to have the codes on the outside, not sure about the bigger boxes of bags. And the bottles seem to have the code in the cap.

 

Each code is basically 1 match of Double XP (some bigger things have Triple XP I guess?) and one "Coliseum ticket" which is a 1v1 mode where you try to win and get skins, basically.

 

So, yeah, just dumb stuff haha. Not worth paying for on eBay or buying a product I wouldn't normally eat/drink. Just thought I'd ask in case anyone was tossing some out :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rooks said:

Yah, basically if your bag/bottle says anything about Titanfall2 on it, it has a code somewhere. The $1 size bags seemed to have the codes on the outside, not sure about the bigger boxes of bags. And the bottles seem to have the code in the cap.

 

Each code is basically 1 match of Double XP (some bigger things have Triple XP I guess?) and one "Coliseum ticket" which is a 1v1 mode where you try to win and get skins, basically.

 

So, yeah, just dumb stuff haha. Not worth paying for on eBay or buying a product I wouldn't normally eat/drink. Just thought I'd ask in case anyone was tossing some out :) 

Right on. If I get any I'll message you them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

I'm looking for a new Xbox one game. I would prefer a game without online capability. 

 

Previous games i have liked are fallout, halo, diablo. 

Without online capability, or for which playing online is not required?

 

The two Tomb Raider reboot games are fun and don't require online connection, but you can play online if you desire.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Without online capability, or for which playing online is not required?

 

The two Tomb Raider reboot games are fun and don't require online connection, but you can play online if you desire.

For sure playing online is not required. But would prefer no online so like fallout and skyrim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Witcher 3 is great, but it just makes me want to play Dark Souls 3 more. I just finished a dex/pyro build, and it was so much fun. Twince Princes used to give me so much trouble, but I took him down with only getting hit once with my pyro. Schwing! I might do a bleed build next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see,  just ran through these 3 games lately:

 

Grim Dawn - Damn good hack and slash

Carmageddon: Max Damage - Just as you'd expect from a Carmageddon series, just updated graphics and still a load of fun

Postal Redux - Loved Postal 2 and this came recommended from a friend and it did not disappoint, just get it super cheap on sale as it's very short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

I'm looking for a new Xbox one game. I would prefer a game without online capability. 

 

Previous games i have liked are fallout, halo, diablo. 

 

I Redbox'd Titanfall 2 and was able to get 50/50 achievements within 24 hours of renting it. The campaign was better than I expected, and it's not too bad on Master difficulty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Has anyone around here played Lego Dimensions? It's hella cheap at Best Buy this week, and I'm a sucker for most of the Lego games, but I haven't heard anything about Dimensions. I do know it's a toy hybrid and they have sick franchises for it. 

I forgot to multi-quote so apologies to anyone for double posting. 

 

I've heard really good things about Lego Dimensions and one the big things that Disney Infinity failed to do was the ability to use a character from one IP and allow to play them in another playset  from a different IP. If you're into achievements/100%, it's going to cost a bit since it  forces you to own multiple figures/sets as DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unique Antics said:

I forgot to multi-quote so apologies to anyone for double posting. 

 

I've heard really good things about Lego Dimensions and one the big things that Disney Infinity failed to do was the ability to use a character from one IP and allow to play them in another playset  from a different IP. If you're into achievements/100%, it's going to cost a bit since it  forces you to own multiple figures/sets as DLC.

I do go for some achievements but I don't care to 100% every game. I have no interest in certain IPs in Dimensions, but shit like Ghostbusters, the Simpsons, and Portal 2 have me interested. I can get the base game for $32+tax so I think I'm gonna try it out. Probably gonna rent Titanfall 2 if it's that easy to complete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holo said:

Would anyone be interested in a New 3DS XL? Debating selling it towards the PS4 because Steins;Gate 0 drops at the end of the month

Black Friday is coming up. I'm sure there'll be deals on ps4s that will make up the difference and let you keep both, homeboy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Black Friday is coming up. I'm sure there'll be deals on ps4s that will make up the difference and let you keep both, homeboy.

Probably, I suppose. I wanted the handheld but life keeps me busy and I hardly have time to use it. Worried the PS4 would become a Steins;Gate box and wouldn't use it much after that too :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Black Friday is coming up. I'm sure there'll be deals on ps4s that will make up the difference and let you keep both, homeboy.

 

4 minutes ago, Holo said:

Probably, I suppose. I wanted the handheld but life keeps me busy and I hardly have time to use it. Worried the PS4 would become a Steins;Gate box and wouldn't use it much after that too :/

Basically every major retailer's Black Friday ad is out so you can easily scope out a deal that works for you. Pretty sure there are some DS deals rolling out as well, so if you're gonna sell that thing do it quick before people realize they can get a good deal on a brand new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Holo said:

Have any of these deals been announced yet?

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/358988-black-friday-2016-video-game-deals-the-epic-master-thread/

This has been kept up to date pretty well. Check the links at the top of the thread for actual ad scans.

 

edit: looks like the main 3ds discount is in the form of the standard size at $99, so XL resale value may remain unchanged through the holidays.

Edited by dantheriver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/358988-black-friday-2016-video-game-deals-the-epic-master-thread/

This has been kept up to date pretty well. Check the links at the top of the thread for actual ad scans.

 

edit: looks like the main 3ds discount is in the form of the standard size at $99, so XL resale value may remain unchanged through the holidays.

I'm pretty sure all they sell now are 2DS and the New 3DS XL but I could be wrong. I just bought my 2DS recently and did a lot of back-and-forthing between the two before I made my decision. 

 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

All I know is that I can't wait for the Switch. For once I'm going to buy something pretty close to release. :)

I've never bought a console at launch and that'll probably be my first haha. My buddy runs the local GameStop and he's supposed to gimme the heads up when they start taking POs. 

 

I cant fucking believe this NES Classic is such a big thing. Some are online for like $400. Fucking stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×