What video games have you been playing?

Guest eriathomas

Beat Braid tonight here at work. A few of those puzzle pieces were a huge pain in the ass, but the game was a hell of a lot of fun and really clever. Now to go for the speed run, entire game in under 45 mins, to round out the 200g.

So I finally got around to playing Heavy Rain. I was waiting for my girlfriend to go back home for the summer so I could enjoy it in peace. :)

I loved it. I tried to play it in one sitting but didn't get started until about 4 in the afternoon, so I had to pack it in a little after 2am. After I finished it, I immediately started playing it again just to see some of the different things that I missed.

I also started playing Alan Wake this weekend, and I love that game too. I think I'm just about to start the last episode, so I can't wait to get home from work and finish it!

Guest eriathomas

I'm hoping to finish my first play-through of Silent Hill: Homecoming tonight. I'm pretty darn close, according to the guide I looked at. I may play for all the endings, but it's kind of time consuming to play through it 4 times to see each ending.

After I'm doing with SH, going to start Tales of the Abyss.

Finally cracked open Dragon Age: Origins. Didn't really have time to get into it, but I did find out that the code for the stone guy still works even though the slip said it expired in April. I think I am going to play a dual-wielding rogue for my first play through, typical for me and BioWare RPGs.

I snagged Shadow Complex and Splosion Man from the above mentioned sale. I believe Worms 2: Armageddon is on sale this week as well, 400 points ($5) I believe. Everyone should have this so we can have epic hand grenade matches!

Guest eriathomas

Beat Silent Hill: Homecoming tonight. The end was super creepy, and I totally did not expect the twist right before the end. I'm going to play through it on Hard mode again for the 100g, then start from a save to get the remaining endings (should only take like an hour each). The ending I got was sort of dumb, but I unlocked a strong gun to help with hard mode.

Guest eriathomas

Alan Wake is on sale this week at Best Buy for $39.99, so I may need to go pick it up once I finish all the achievements in Silent Hill.

Just finished Red Dead Redemption... Amazing just, WOW! I'm kind of sad it's over!

How long was it? (...that's what she said?)

Depends on how you play. Doing nothing but story missions straight through, probably 20 or so hours. Going for 100% in the game is likely to take far longer. (I'm like 40 hours in at 97.8%)

I'm like 87% done with Red Dead Redemption. I finished all that survivalist nonsense, am on level 8 sharpshooter, which is pissing me off because it shouldn't be this difficult. I think I'm level 7 or 8 hunter, and only 5 treasure hunter. I have about 4 or 5 missions left before I beat the storyline.

Guest eriathomas
Deathsmiles comes out for 360 next week. I am on the fence about it, but I may buy it just to help support future Cave shooters being released in the US, and I can probably sell the faceplate on ebay to offset the price a bit (only $50 though)...

I'm thinking about picking it up too. I think it looks like a lot of fun.

Anyone have Gamefly? I'm thinking about subscribing, because it seems like I always buy games then sell them only a few weeks later after I buy it. I'm just worried that I won't play enough games a month to make the cost worth it (though it might be cheaper then buying a $60 game and selling it back for only 1/2 or 2/3 the cost). I seem to play a ton of games in the winter though, so it might be worth it for me in then.

Deathsmiles comes out for 360 next week. I am on the fence about it, but I may buy it just to help support future Cave shooters being released in the US, and I can probably sell the faceplate on ebay to offset the price a bit (only $50 though)...

I'm thinking about picking it up too. I think it looks like a lot of fun.

Anyone have Gamefly? I'm thinking about subscribing, because it seems like I always buy games then sell them only a few weeks later after I buy it. I'm just worried that I won't play enough games a month to make the cost worth it (though it might be cheaper then buying a $60 game and selling it back for only 1/2 or 2/3 the cost). I seem to play a ton of games in the winter though, so it might be worth it for me in then.

I did the free trial several years back to try out Ikaruga, but I have heard that there is often a long wait for the more popular games these days. Do the trial and see if you like it, if not then quit.