Of chicks and relationships

Mainly because 3 of my friends told me they're engaged this week, and the fact i'm going to be twenty-fucking-eight next month, i started thinking about what the hell i want from a lady since i guess thats what we as humans are supposed to do? its been 5 fucking years since the last decent relationship i've had. and the dating scene in texas is absolute shit, STOP POOPING OUT 4 KIDS BY 25. Seriously dudes, Its fucking harsh, its like wandering through a bible belt serengeti with insane women on your tail. and they all want to convert your agnostic ass.

Also, this would be the 8th beer i've had in the past three hours, so hooray drunken posts.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. find a chick (hot but not too hot.)

2. get her drunk. (but not date rape drunk, just enough so she thinks you're charming or funny or something.)

3. take her home*

4. poke a hole in the condom.

5. seal the deal.

congratulations, you now have a family.

*see also: to her place, behind a dumpster in the alley, a car, a deserted movie theater, laser tag, a wake, an AA meeting, space, a petting zoo, your best friend's house which you just happen to be house sitting (or if your friend is not out of town, call him up, say one of your mutual friends was in a car accident. then when he leaves to go to the hospital, go to town on this chick in his room. get crazy with it, though not too dirty, that is the mother of your child.)

**steps 1-5 require a minimal amount of game.

if lacking in game proceed to step 6:

6. kill yrself. (because no one loves you enough to do it for you.)

Dude, i'm 35 and i haven't had a decent relationship in 4 years. I have not even dated anyone in that time. Part of me wants to start again, but the other part doesnt. Im in a bit of a quagmire. It's kinda hard finding someone my age.. ugh... oh well. ther'es always prostitutes (jk)

don't sweat it, either my friends are single and aging or they're married with children. i'd rather be single and aging than worrying about a kid at this point. i haven't had a really decent relationship in years. had a 3 year on and off one that made me question my entire life and what i really wanted out of it. don't get caught up, just let it happen. don't be too eager to tie yourself down.

1. find a chick (hot but not too hot.)

2. get her drunk. (but not date rape drunk, just enough so she thinks you're charming or funny or something.)

3. take her home*

4. poke a hole in the condom.

5. seal the deal.

congratulations, you now have a family.

*see also: to her place, behind a dumpster in the alley, a car, a deserted movie theater, laser tag, a wake, an AA meeting, space, a petting zoo, you're best friends house which you just happen to be house sitting (or if your friend is not out of town, call him up, say one of your mutual friends was in a car accident. then when he leaves to go to the hospital, go to town on this chick in his room. get crazy with it, though not too dirty, that is the mother of your child.)

**steps 1-5 require a minimal amount of game.

if lacking in game proceed to step 6:

6. kill yrself. (because no one loves you enough to do it for you.)

This is why everyone things your lovable Flicker. This right here.

girlfriends are overrated dude, why would you want to spend your money , time and effort with/on someone else? I had a few girlfriends the last 10 years and now that im finally single im having the time of my life, plus I have a shitload of extra cash, keep my room as dirty as I want and get drunker than ever. Not saying I wont ever have another girlfriend again, but Im in no rush. I probably wont get married till im 40 and Im ok with that.

Guest genericinsight

27 years old, still a virgin, never had a serious relationship and honestly don't care anymore.

I'm doing pretty okay regardless. Maybe that's just me being cynical but relationship/sex stuff just angers me and frustrates me too much. I'm much happier keeping myself busy and not thinking of anything.

The fact that my engaged and/or involved long term friends, all they do is complain repeatedly about their significant others (but refuse to end the relationship because they don't want to be alone) just gives me further incentive to keep this attitude.

i totally respect that. i've only ever had 2 relationships (one was almost 4 years, the other just a couple of months) but there's things i regret about both of them too much. it sucks to say, but i'm pretty sure my life would have been better if things had gone differently / had i never dated them.

on that note, there's this girl i've been crushing on hard lately, i've hung out with her a couple of times and i think she's amazing. last night we just sat, talked and listened to music for hours.

Guest genericinsight

It's funny. A while ago one of my good friends, her boyfriend and I were hanging out and it came up that I guess they were trying to set one of her bf's bandmates up with someone. I (jokingly) asked them why they never tried to set me up with anyone and their response was this:

"You're by yourself and you don't care, plus you have a ton of friends anyway" and then preceded to talk about how the bf's bandmate didn't really have any friends outside the band guys and they wanted to find him a girlfriend so he wouldn't be alone all the time.

While I understand the logic, I personally think for someone who's kind of a loner, it's more important for that person to work on making friends rather than have a relationship. I think friends do those people much more good than a relationship which might not even last.

On that note, I've never understood females who are so shy they can't make friends, but have had a million boyfriends... and then there's people like me who have a million friends but never boyfriends. Known a few girls like this in my life and it honestly has nothing to do with their personalities, they just are socially awkward when it comes to making friends. Yet, can get involved in relationships very easy.

All joking aside, have you guys tried online dating? My one friend has been feeling down in the dumps about ladies lately. He was w/ this one girl for a really long time and he was going to propose to her, but she cheated on him.

He started using Match.com and OkCupid.com and he's having some decent luck.

OKCupid is free, try it.

My brother met a girl on there a little bit ago and they seem to be getting along well. Prior to that he hasn't had a girl in a whiiiiiiiile.

On that note, I've never understood females who are so shy they can't make friends, but have had a million boyfriends... and then there's people like me who have a million friends but never boyfriends. Known a few girls like this in my life and it honestly has nothing to do with their personalities, they just are socially awkward when it comes to making friends. Yet, can get involved in relationships very easy.

It's funny....I am EXTREMELY socially awkward. I have only two or three really good friends and I have never had a significant relationship at all. Neither making friends or getting into a relationship comes very easy to me at all.

Though I'm talking to the guy I like a lot more. I have it really bad for this kid. SOOOO BAD. I am having so much trouble figuring out if he's interested or he's just being nice...because he's a really nice guy. Meh.

I used to get so uptight about talking to girls, then i realized, "hey i'm awesome!" Smooth sailings ever since.

But seriously, I love the chase and getting to finally consummate all those hours of pursuit and beers bought, dinners, etc.., but then I get bored really easily. Not that I get bored I guess, but then girls find out what a home body I am and then they get bored with me. I dunno. I'm not too worried about it yet, but if the girl who I want to marry gets married to someone other than me, then is when I really need to start getting my shit figured out.

Guest genericinsight

I am having so much trouble figuring out if he's interested or he's just being nice...because he's a really nice guy. Meh.

Welcome to my life!

....usually it's the latter, haha.