What is your white whale?

casey

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to add to my list.

alexisonfire - crisis - red vinyl

american football - blue vinyl (* surprisingly hard to come by)

maritime - glass floor - tour press (* only heard of one person having this.. never seen a picture)

moneen - the red tree - test press (* even though we released it somehow they all got lost but 1 copy that anyone knows of..)

I think a white whale is something that you've seen, know exists, may have slipped through your fingers, but you still can't get ahold of. That's how Murder City Devil's Empty Bottles Broken Hearts was for me, but I had a great GF who got it for me. That said:

Lucero-Tennessee and That Much Further West.

i've been looking for the murder city devils-thelema on pink for forever. sucks.

Mine WAS an original NOFX - PMRC Can Suck on This 7". But I got one this summer! Here's a pic.

[image]

I guess that now it would be the NOFX - Ribbed on Yellow. I know it's not that rare, but it just seems that everytime there's one up on Ebay, I don't have the $150 - $225 to buy it!

i was always trying to track down the unionsuit demo (on hydrahead, aaron from isis & poorman from shyness clinic, hot rod circuit) I missed two on ebay which went for somewhere around $60 a few years back. since then i never saw it resurface. just managed to buy a copy of dan from second nature.

it almost makes me want to quit record collecting. hehe

im going to add to my list.

alexisonfire - crisis - red vinyl

american football - blue vinyl (* surprisingly hard to come by)

maritime - glass floor - tour press (* only heard of one person having this.. never seen a picture)

moneen - the red tree - test press (* even though we released it somehow they all got lost but 1 copy that anyone knows of..)

i would have never guessed in a million years that an alexisonfire album would be a white whale to you. i guess i assumed you could just get one through dallas or probably wade for sure

Matthew Good-Avalanche...the only album of his pressed on vinyl, not for sure how many were pressed. I was winning one on ebay(only one I have seen up in a while) over the summer for about $100 but ended up losing it in the last 10 minutes. It went above a price a could justify. Maybe one day

Now that TITR on white is done and Adam B. sold me Gameface "Every Last Time" on clear, it is down to the real doozies:

S.O.A - No Policy on green

Minor Threat - Filler

Minor Threat - In My Eyes

Teen Idles - Minor Disturbance

Government Issue - Legless Bull

YOuth Brigade - Possible

Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today on Purple

i don't really have one, that is to say there aren't really too many records i am dying to find. some i'd include in the list would be:

juno - a future lived in past tense (haven't seen in over a year)

juno - this is the way it goes and goes... (same as above)

khanate - khanate (too much money)

against me - against me (see above)

monster movie - last night something happened (never seen a copy)

cursed test presses (only a dream, i've seen a copy of "I" once and it sold for over $200)