• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along with the Isis record, the thief took these items:

Lucero "my best girl/kiss the bottle" 7"

Orchid/Encyclopedia of American Traitors 7"

Black Dice/Wolf Eyes LP

a friend gave me his copy of the Lucero 7", and my girlfriend got the Orchid/EoAT 7" for xmas last year.

replaced the Black Dice/Wolf Eyes when they came through town a couple years back. The Isis record continues to elude me

edit: I know who the thief is, but it's impossible to prove. same goes for the guy who set my car on fire back in '99

My white whales are pretty obscure, first wave western Canadian punk rock...

Rock n Roll Bitches 7"

Sturgeons 7"

Malibu Kens 7"

Hot Nasties 7"

Modernettes - LP (Not Teen city, the one with a silk screened cover)

and for more recent shit...

Lucero - That Much Further West LP

I'm sure there's more.

.moneen. - the red tree (dbl. lp). they were only selling it at shows for a bit. i figured it was a safe bet to buy a couple more beers rather than the album seeing as how .moneen. were playing in my area at least once a month at the time. turns out that was the last show they played around here for about a year and a half. and now i can't find the damn album anywhere. apparently that was pretty much the only show they sold them at (the choke farwell date in toronto).

we sold them online for a bit aswell... but they def. sold faster than we thought they would though.

.moneen. - the red tree (dbl. lp). they were only selling it at shows for a bit. i figured it was a safe bet to buy a couple more beers rather than the album seeing as how .moneen. were playing in my area at least once a month at the time. turns out that was the last show they played around here for about a year and a half. and now i can't find the damn album anywhere. apparently that was pretty much the only show they sold them at (the choke farwell date in toronto).

They sold a ton of these online. That's where I got mine anyways. #274 / 300.

Guess I should have read the top of this page first. Totally beat.

They sold a ton of these online. That's where I got mine anyways. #274 / 300.

Guess I should have read the top of this page first. Totally beat.

at the time i didn't really "collect" vinyl though. if i saw records at shows i'd usually pick them up. but that night i was super fucking drunk and was not thinking straight. choke/.moneen. shows usually did that to me.

I just want Brand New-Your Favorite Weapon right now. It's been one of my main wants for a while.

there's one up on eBay right now. not sure how much you're willing to pay for it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120343479286&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

I just want Brand New-Your Favorite Weapon right now. It's been one of my main wants for a while.

there's one up on eBay right now. not sure how much you're willing to pay for it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120343479286&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

This is what always spurs the, "That's not a white whale" debate.

For me it's always been something that is not only hard to find but that doesn't really have a monetary number attached to it because it isn't regularly sold. That Smashing Pumpkins one is un-fucking-believable and I can't imagine that popping up on ebay. So, to me, that makes it some amazing white whale record.

If it's on ebay every other week I just don't think it qualifies. But hey, that's just me.

Yeah I know, it's just a money issue right now as in, I don't have it.