if you could have 1 VC member's collection...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good thread because it makes me think about what I have and what I'd like my collection to be. There are some collections on here that are way more impressive than mine (like Ohiopride & others). However, the more I consider it, I'm going to have to say that I'd rather have mine, since those records represent snapshots of my life and a lot of memories from the past 15 years.

Guest noeffinidea
Not many people like 311, so I'd have to stick with my own.

Hookups and rrd have pretty sweet collections going though.

I would kill to have all them 311 LPs you gots my friend! Very very awesome. Hey dude, I should be able to grab that Flavors LP for ya by Monday if it's still available if you still wanted to do that and the poster for Full Collapse.

Not many people like 311, so I'd have to stick with my own.

Hookups and rrd have pretty sweet collections going though.

I would kill to have all them 311 LPs you gots my friend! Very very awesome. Hey dude, I should be able to grab that Flavors LP for ya by Monday if it's still available if you still wanted to do that and the poster for Full Collapse.

Sweet. Just let me know when you're ready to do it.

I'd have to go with chiefwahoo or vinyljunkie. Both dudes' collections are ENORMOUS, and span multiple genres/formats.
I dig wahoo's collection. Tons of good shit -- plus that would mean I get his jukebox too, no?

Thanks guys, I'm flattered! Now I'm motivated to finish my list. And mediocore is right, I wouldn't have much use for a jukebox without any records!

id go for mine probably, cause it seems like no matter whose record collection i would be trading for, id be on the losing end of things.

there are a lot of people who have records i dont have, but there is a reason i dont have them already in my collection

if i had to pick though, or if i had no records, and was offered my pick of any collection i would go with ohiopride probably. not just cause he has some sweet records, but also cause dude is seriously OC about his collection (i mean that in a complimenting way, not negative). i know all that stuff would be in pristine condition, full collections, in sweet containers, and basically just all around babied vinyl.

I would probably stick with my own collection but would love to pinch a couple of adambombs records thats for sure.

I'm super happy with the some of the stuff i have, especially knowing im the only one in the 'record community' who owns them kinda makes you swell up with pride or something haha

This is my greatest fear... after spiders.

fixed for comedic timing. to be honest, though, i was thinking the same thing. adambomb and chiefwahoo and xfedupx and ohiopride and all the other guys named must be really proud, but i'd also DEFINITELY be locking my doors tonight if i was them...

The good news is you'd have to be one hell of a burglar to steal a record collection. And even going through one the size of mine (about 2,500), even in alphabetical order, would be tough. So you'd just have to steal whatever you could grab, which ain't much.

Also I have so many guns and knives in my house it would make your head spin, as well as a security system. Come on in record thieves. They're right up at the top of the slippery spiral staircase. Make a left at the justifiable homicide and you're right there.

adambomb's collection is untouchable.... his test press collection alone is stunning. im happy with my own though!

With so many mentions of this dudes collection I went and looked. I dunno, maybe I'm just don't know how rare some of those band's records are. I'm not sure our collections overlap at all.

He needs more Rocket From The Crypt records...

i want thestigmachine's Hot Water Music collection, other than that, I love my collection. I really don't want to trade all the work that I've put into my collection for someone's collection where they did all the work. I still haven't gotten a hold of any test presses or gotten into the variants too much(just a tad with the alkaline trio represses), so I don't think I'm that bad with what I got. Plus, I like having one of the rarer pressings rather than having 20+ of the same record with one to five being valuable. Maybe I just like spending my money other places, but that's just me.