solid x-mas day

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so sad that i had no earthly idea what kind of car that was until i looked at the pictures url.

im just an uncultured american.

Says FIAT PANDA right there on the front dude.

i see the 'panda' part, but the 'fiat' is just a blue blob on my computer.

i blame poor work computer resolution. :[

we dont gots none of those fiats no more in the us of a.

I got a massive stack of books. Soooo many fucking books.

The Enchantress of Florence - Salman Rushdie (favorite author ever)

Poe's Children, The New Horror, an Anthology - Various authors edited by Peter Straub

Gospel of the Living Dead: Romero's Visions of Hell on Earth - Kim Paffenroth

An Orgy of George: 3 books by George Carlin - George Carlin

The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman

2666 - Roberto Bolano (Soooooo excited about this one, already started it and it's mind blowing. Such a beautiful, violent, and haunting novel.)

1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die (A Listener's Life List) - Tom Moon (Its got everything listed from Davis - Kind of Blue to Sam Phillips - Fan Dance to Georges Bizet - Carmen, I cannot wait to dig into this and start digging through record racks)

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier - Allen Moore

ME! by Jimmy (Big Boy) Valente - Garrison Keillor

The Good, The Bad, and the Mad: Some Weird People in American History - E. Randall Floyd

The Pitchfork 500

The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How The War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals - Jane Mayer

American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House - Jon Meacham (AUTOGRAPHED!)

Got Cuthulu Munchkins game and Arkham Horror board game (thing takes like 2 to 4 hours to play, shit is fucking awesome)

Records

Mastodon boxset

Otis Redding - Live in Europe, King and Queen, The Soul Album, and Dictionary of Soul

Iron and Wine - The Sea & the Rhythm

Pixies - Doolittle

a bunch of tea, candy, an invisible man model kit (like the old school horror invisible man, not the clear body w. bones and shit)

Also got a subscription to Rue Morgue from the little lady. She still has two presents left to give me that got sent to her shop that she didn't get to give me because she didn't have her shop keys when she got back into town last night. Best christmas ever!

Spoiled much?

Depends, this christmas my folks kinda held back on pressies, they said 19's getting a bit old for a lot of things

jeeeeeesus dude. that is a bit spoiled, but you're not a spoiled kid. you're a sweetie here. just one with bad taste in music ;)

my folks always went a bit over board on Christmas, but for the most part they never got me shit for my birthday, one year they even forgot it. haha god I love my parents.

Jesus. I think if I added up everything I've ever gotten for Christmas, you got more this year than I did.

My mom splurged and got me a $249 set of speakers, then I got a book from each of my siblings and some utilitarian shit like boxers and toothpaste. My brother got his heat bill paid for and some cash, and my sister got a camera. Gift giving was over in about 4 minutes.

i was shocked, because i was told only maybe 1 or 2 small gifts this year and my parents fucking hooked my gf and i up.

i got:

Wii with metroid, mario kart + wheel, zelda and a mario game

cash

2 nice shits, and pants

a dope jacket

huge bag of dunkin donuts coffee and a new coffee maker

and some beer

my sister gave me a ebay gift card

girlfriend ordered me a bunch of records but they havent shown up yet

gf's parents gave me $50 best buy card and her aunt gave me $25 cash

solid xmas! stoked!

cash

rock band 2 set of 2 cymbals

a fleece hoodie thing i need to exchange

and apparently my friend got me some hokey records, but i haven't been over to his house and i now feel obligated to get him something in return. bah!

i got my family:

$100 certificate for a salon and samantha who series 1 on dvd for my mom

wiiplay and popstar guitar for the twin cousin's wii they got

COD: world at war and 13 month card of xbox live gold for my other cousin

juno and forgetting sarah marshall dvd's for my aunt, freeway dvd for her husband

$50 best buy gift card for my uncle and filled his ipod

I got a massive stack of books. Soooo many fucking books.

The Enchantress of Florence - Salman Rushdie (favorite author ever)

Poe's Children, The New Horror, an Anthology - Various authors edited by Peter Straub

Gospel of the Living Dead: Romero's Visions of Hell on Earth - Kim Paffenroth

An Orgy of George: 3 books by George Carlin - George Carlin

The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman

2666 - Roberto Bolano (Soooooo excited about this one, already started it and it's mind blowing. Such a beautiful, violent, and haunting novel.)

1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die (A Listener's Life List) - Tom Moon (Its got everything listed from Davis - Kind of Blue to Sam Phillips - Fan Dance to Georges Bizet - Carmen, I cannot wait to dig into this and start digging through record racks)

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier - Allen Moore

ME! by Jimmy (Big Boy) Valente - Garrison Keillor

The Good, The Bad, and the Mad: Some Weird People in American History - E. Randall Floyd

The Pitchfork 500

The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How The War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals - Jane Mayer

American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House - Jon Meacham (AUTOGRAPHED!)

some of those books sound awesome, i definitely need to grab the Romero book. Have you read Book of the Dead? definitely an awesome film history book. and its got zombies, and zombies are always awesome.