Brand New - Daisy on LP

i definitely confused you for somethingvinyl. it's the identical avatars.

Ha. I didn't say it sucked, just said it was their worst album. I own it and it's decent but I think it's their worst record. They progressed until Daisy, IMO.

And I've had this avatar longer than he's had his.

For people who claim to like music it always surprises me when people just bash things so easily. 

I wish peopled wrestled more with the music they listened to and was like "Ok, I don't like it, but WHY don't I like it?"

I personally was turned off by Daisy at first, and now I think it's one of their best because I like the band so I took the time to understand the direction. 

It's like everyone hating "Later" DCFC. It doesn't suck. Limp Bizkit and Nickleback suck, and I can back that up with science. It's just not what you personally want to hear, or maybe you have other reasons IDK

TL,DR: Don't hate, articulate. 

For people who claim to like music it always surprises me when people just bash things so easily. 

I wish peopled wrestled more with the music they listened to and was like "Ok, I don't like it, but WHY don't I like it?"

I personally was turned off by Daisy at first, and now I think it's one of their best because I like the band so I took the time to understand the direction. 

It's like everyone hating "Later" DCFC. It doesn't suck. Limp Bizkit and Nickleback suck, and I can back that up with science. It's just not what you personally want to hear, or maybe you have other reasons IDK

agreed

i've been thinking lately, that i want to somehow start an initiative to actually discuss music around here. 

my favorite part about the old brand new forums was the way people would dissect every last lyric, and try to figure out what was behind it.

now, the best you get is someone saying they liked a solo before 10 more comments drop about how their record wasn't the exact hue they expected.

can we just have a separate forum for talking about music?

BUT latter DCFC does suck compared to the first albums. Moot point, but it was your example.

And these are just opinions. Even if you articulate why you do or do not like something, it doesn't mean you can qualify it for someone else who has a different perspective than you.

JESUS LET PEOPLE LIVE!!!!!!#5t

Ha. I didn't say it sucked, just said it was their worst album. I own it and it's decent but I think it's their worst record. They progressed until Daisy, IMO.

I get that its your opinion but I just gotta say that Daisy was the pinnacle of their progression for good and bad. I love the album but not everyone shares those sentiments. They pushed themselves farther than they had gone previously. I can hardly listen to YFW these days without remembering how much better they got each album. Like I said earlier TDAG is my favorite but Daisy was a complex album that pushed their progression. I think Daisy is their most unique and impressive but it is only my 2nd favorite.

i've been thinking lately, that i want to somehow start an initiative to actually discuss music around here. 

my favorite part about the old brand new forums was the way people would dissect every last lyric, and try to figure out what was behind it.

now, the best you get is someone saying they liked a solo before 10 more comments drop about how their record wasn't the exact hue they expected.

can we just have a separate forum for talking about music?

I too wish this could take place but as you know trying to be meaningful on the internet is like trying to grasp the cool breeze of wind.

I check Brand New's facebook weekly for a new tour, nothing, but damn Interpunk needs to get their shit together with daisy.

have you heard of twitter?

Me personally. I used to not like daisy, but it's grown on me, alot. I still like it better than Deja, which is okay for what it is, but I'm just not super fond of the musical direction that album went in. I realize I'm in the minority of Brand New fans who feel this way.

YFW and TDAG are equals in my book. Very different, impossible to say which is better.

YFW perfected pop-punk, TDAG is an artistic masterpiece. Very different approaches to music, both very excellent. All my personal opinion of course.

I have the retail CD, it's a pre-gap* track (you know when the time counter rolls backward in between tracks), some CD ripping software dis-includes this portion (most tack it on the back of the previous track).

*(usually that term refers to 'rewinding' the first track to reveal hidden content, the same thing can happen on later tracks, not sure what the exact term is)

Ahh that makes sense, thanks dude. There are supposedly some hidden pre-gap tracks on TDAG also with isolated portions of the phone call on the untitled song, you have to manually roll back to get to them. I don't recall where though.

They are completely different avatars

Also I had mine forever ago then switched and switched back.

Regardless it doesn't matter