Brand New - Daisy on LP

Really. Because I ordered this from Interpunk on Jan 31st and I've gotten an email every week since saying that it's currently out of stock with a restock expected sometime in the next couple days. They say when they get it in stock, they'll ship it, but they haven't. 

Not sure why this would happen if they have them ready to ship. 

same with me finally just cancelled it

this. except if there was a 7" with "the archers bows have broken" twice on both sides i'd buy it. otherwise i just don't get it. also one of the most unimpressive live shows i've seen.

How is a show where the band only plays Brand New songs unimpressive? I would go see a New Kids on the Block concert if all they did was sing Brand New songs. And it would be impressive.

this. except if there was a 7" with "the archers bows have broken" twice on both sides i'd buy it. otherwise i just don't get it. also one of the most unimpressive live shows i've seen.

I must disagree here. I was pretty anti-Brand New until I saw them live. All of these screaming fan girls just wanted to hear YFW songs and they played a super dynamic, emotional set. For an encore, they came out and played the instrumental track off of déjà.

My girlfriend was livid and I loved it. It was such a middle finger to their roots & that's great to me!

I love this album and it definitely rivals Deja for me.

Funny, I never thought of it that way but I would definitely agree. The song structure and sound is just so different, almost more mature in a way. Gasoline stands out on that album as one of my favorite Brand New songs to date. 

Was only so/so on their live performance @ Soma in San Diego. But I'd give them another shot. 

My local always had tons of these in stock, so I never bought it. Of course when I wanted it, they didn't. So I also ordered one in December from interpunk and they kept telling me it would be in "two days" "one day" "expected today" then it would start over again "expected in stock in 3 days" "2 days"

Over, and over again.

Now normally I'd just be patient but I was leaving for overseas and wanted to have this thing by that point, so after playing this stupid waiting game with them that they didn't even know when it might be in stock, I cancelled my order with them and just got it on eBay.

I did recieve it in time, but the same day I got it, I went back to my local and they just got like 7 of these in stock again that day too. Fak.

Do you mean Vices? I wasn't aware that At The Bottom had an intro

Nope, the intro I speak of is that little guitar part for at the bottom that plays before the full band kicks in on At The Bottom. I think it might just be my CD because it cuts into the song so awkwardly after Bed, but seeing as how you don't know of the intro... Maybe it actually isn't on the CD? The track just doesn't sound right without the guitar intro to me

I can post an mp3 of what I'm talking about from the vinyl if necessary

Daisy is awesome.  I have it ordered at SRC... SRC said on either an email or their facebook page or twitter account that it's back in stock, but I ordered it a bit ago and it still is "awaiting fulfillment".

The cost of ordering from $RC. It could take a month for an "in stock" item to actually ship. Say your prayers and hope it shows it up.

I don't listen to brand new

So claming I said this album sucks is dumb

Love you tho Ry

i definitely confused you for somethingvinyl. it's the identical avatars.

I must disagree here. I was pretty anti-Brand New until I saw them live. All of these screaming fan girls just wanted to hear YFW songs and they played a super dynamic, emotional set. For an encore, they came out and played the instrumental track off of déjà.

My girlfriend was livid and I loved it. It was such a middle finger to their roots & that's great to me!

are you kidding me? they were one of the best bands ive ever seen live

How is a show where the band only plays Brand New songs unimpressive? I would go see a New Kids on the Block concert if all they did was sing Brand New songs. And it would be impressive.

it was the only time i saw them and it was underwhelming. i don't know what to say. my friends and i were all pretty jazzed but we were ultimately all in consensus on how it went. maybe we caught them on a rare bad night. this is what is known as a small sample size.

i want to weigh in on this... but in regards to the point you just made, i think i only saw them 2 or 3 times after daisy. where i probably saw them 12 or so times after devil & god. no doubt, they brought their absolute best almost every single night during that era.

then again, i saw them twice pre- devil & god. the first time i saw them was well before any of my fanboying had commenced, but was so good that it pretty much set it in motion. the next time, well i talked about that one recently in the best shows you've been to thread, because it's the best show i've ever been to.

chances are, you saw them on an off night. or they played the same awesome show that they always do, and it's just not your bag. now if you were to say the same about minus the bear, i'd leap through space & time and slap you right across your face with a handfull of glitter.

My local always had tons of these in stock, so I never bought it. Of course when I wanted it, they didn't. So I also ordered one in December from interpunk and they kept telling me it would be in "two days" "one day" "expected today" then it would start over again "expected in stock in 3 days" "2 days"

Nope, the intro I speak of is that little guitar part for at the bottom that plays before the full band kicks in on At The Bottom. I think it might just be my CD because it cuts into the song so awkwardly after Bed, but seeing as how you don't know of the intro... Maybe it actually isn't on the CD? The track just doesn't sound right without the guitar intro to me

I can post an mp3 of what I'm talking about from the vinyl if necessary

I have the retail CD, it's a pre-gap* track (you know when the time counter rolls backward in between tracks), some CD ripping software dis-includes this portion (most tack it on the back of the previous track).

*(usually that term refers to 'rewinding' the first track to reveal hidden content, the same thing can happen on later tracks, not sure what the exact term is)

I saw Brand New on New Years Eve 2011 and it was probably the best show of my life. That being said, I don't put it past Brand New to have an off night now and then because I think we all know Jesse likes to drink a little too much sometimes.

If you saw them once and didn't enjoy it then I say definitely give them another chance...though that's easier said than done since they hardly ever fucking tour these days.