Official Secret Santa 3.0 (2009)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I Like:

Baseball (and baseball's Toronto Blue Jays)

Hunter S. Thompson

Magazine Subscriptions

As Seen On TV Junk

Garage Rock, Stoner Metal, Bronx/Dillinger Type "Hardcore", Daft Punk, Electro, Alt Country, Indie Rock

The Office, 30 Rock, Arrested Development (Don't Own Any Seasons)

John Dyer Baizley (Baroness), Aaron Turner (ISIS)

and

Boobs

... and pretty much everything else. I'm not picky and can pretty much guarentee that I will like and be appreciative of anything I get, so thank you in advance!

Chris

What I like:

-Hardcore, punk, and metal...my records list is a pretty good snapshot into the bands/music I'm into

-Specific bands I am obssesed with: ISIS, Converge, Shai Hulud, 80s/90s Louisville, KY Hardcore, Christina Aguilera (yes, you did read that right!), 90s Florida Hardcore

-I'm also all about the Deathwish Inc. and Hydra Head record labels

-I collect art prints...music and otherwise. Fave artists: Aaron Horkey, Jake Bannon, Seldon Hunt, Florian Bertmer, Aaron Turner, Thomas Hooper, Mark Arminski, Frank Kozik, and Emek.

-Shirt size: XL...although sometimes a larger L will suffice...I'm in between sizes and hate it

-Movies & TV: Alien movies (the Sigourney Weaver ones), Hellraiser, Star Wars, Ren & Stimpy, Invader Zim, The Green Hornet, Evangelion (anime)

-Florida Panthers hockey

-Writers: Clive Barker, H.P. Lovecraft, Chuck Palahniuk, music/band biographies...esp. of bands and genres of music I'm into

-I also enjoy long walks on the beach...

--Juan!

What I really want is a box to keep my writing in. Here are some examples:

[image]

They're not very big, like 8" long, 6" tall, 6" deep--just big enough to hold papers and such. These two are my wife's, I need one of my own. You can probably find one at a thrift or craft store.

If you want to go the easy route, you could just order me a copy of The Lawrence Arms--The Greatest Story and Banner Pilot--Collapser from FAT.

what i like:

- instrumental rock and acoustic driven indie (with strings sections is an added bonus)

- hockey; pittsburgh pens #1

- all things japanese (going to japan for a month next year, so a guide book would be a ok ;))

- magic the gathering

- reading books on astrophysics (read breif history of time and before the big bang)

hope that helps someone

things that would be RAD to get!:

kodak portra160 nc or vc 120mm film

to write love on her arms stuff

zombie related things

any other photography related things

anything penn state related (yes, the college. yes, i love penn state football)

any records from any band on my tradelist i dont have already

i also love pit bulls!

and baking cupcakes!

and now this is just getting silly!

I am being completely serious -- I would like a charitable donation made to the Dachshund Rescue of North America. http://www.drna.org/ You can mail me the confirmation of the donation in a nice holiday card.

You can make a general donation in any sum (via PayPal) or you can opt for a service specific donation (Grooming = $15.00, Heartworm Meds = $12.00). http://www.drna.org/Donations You'll also get a tax credit, so this truly is the gift that keeps giving.

I've posted pictures of my two dachschund boys numerous times here. You should all know that I love them very much. They're both rescue dogs. Doing this would mean the world to me. I personally have donated to the DRNA for the past several years and would not ask anyone to do something I don't/woudn't do myself.

If this doesn't sound appealing to my Santa and you feel the need to give me something tangible, there is still an alternative that serves both purposes. http://www.drna.org/DoxieStore/index.php

I like the dachshund boxer shorts (The $15 ones -- size L) or the Christmas ornament.

Thank you, whomever you are.

Hello everyone, this is Cesar's girlfriend. :D

He likes:

-Peanut Butter (mainly those way too strong shakes from jamba juice) [gift card cough cough]

-Pugs!!!!! (thats for me...PLEASE?)

-Black socks, cozy ones!

-Anything zombie related (The walking dead series is his favorite, he has them all, but just to give you an idea).

-Any record is fine with him. He has an extensive tradelist if you need specifics.

-Red Sox

-He LOVES hoodies, size small and medium for american apparel and vans, size 10

-Good horror movies

-annnd some of his favorite bands are Thrice, Against Me!, Radiohead, Thursday, Fucked up, Deftones, Explosions in the sky, brand new, Sigur Rós, and Atmosphere.

I hope this helps the person who got him, if you have any questions you can email me at [email protected]. I'm good at keeping secrets.

Good Luck!!!

Guest kissthesharks
things that would be RAD to get!:

kodak portra160 nc or vc 120mm film

to write love on her arms stuff

zombie related things

any other photography related things

anything penn state related (yes, the college. yes, i love penn state football)

any records from any band on my tradelist i dont have already

i also love pit bulls!

and baking cupcakes!

and now this is just getting silly!

and anything Taylor Swift related.

I like music, sports, and movies.

I am from the Chicago suburbs and like music, sports, and movies from/about there (alkaline trio/cubs/blues brothers).

I have very little wall space left in my room.

I am currently getting rid of most my CD's and Clothes so I'm not very interested in those.

Search around my profile and tradelist for more info.

I like hockey (LOVE the Sens, HATE the habs and the Leafs)

BIG BIG BIG football fan (soccer, not nfl). If my SS is from Europe, just get me a soccer scarf from your country/Team, and I'll be so stoked!

Sport fan in general

Punk rock, Drag the River, Ska (old ska, not much of the Big D - Less Than Jake type)

COMICS! I have a few thousands comics and BD (Franco-Belge Stuff)

Marvel Toys

I wear large shirt

I also love reading books (Currently reading the Time's 100 best novel of all time). I can read both french and english.

That's about it!

Thanks in advance to whoever will take the time to send me something special for christmas!

i too am easy ;)

i am into all sorts of indie rock - some favorite bands of mine are in my signature.

also like plain colored aa sweatshirts and tri-blend shirts size M

very into beer as well. i am a homebrewer and have about 20 gallons of various beers going right now. I'm exceptionally into belgian beers

Guest kissthesharks

I hate to rain on the parade, but I don't think it's very cheap to ship a dog. Also, a pit bull is WAY over the spending limit. Just a thought.

I"m all about band t shirts and guitar accessories.

I'm also interested in Law & Order big time.

I'm a buffalo bills fan (ok, laugh all you want) for life.

I like disc golf, photography, low brow art, juxtupoz, and dwell magazine.

some of the bands i'm into right now are trap them / look back and laugh / iron lung / hatred surge / magrudergrind / catalyst /

hope this helps some..

PS. i'm super big on thoughful handmade things.. sometimes i think those are the best.

Johnny Hormone,

Read your freakin' mail.. you've been reminded twice to put up a tradelist.. if we can't get one, your name will not be included in this years Secret Santa 09 (aka v3). If calling you out will make you do it, then so be it. It's not fair to everyone else.

anyone friends with him, please call/text/send smoke signals to him to get it together asap!

He doesn't post here a whole lot, but I will give him a shout on Facebook

EDIT: PS. I'm not participating in this since I'm broke and jobless but if anyone needs me to go around and send PMs or whatever to your person in case you aren't sure what they like/want, I'd be happy to help.

I only wear black. I tend to ruin all other colors. I wear a size large shirt in all brands.

My favorite bands are Hot Water Music, Strike Anywhere, and His Hero Is Gone. I’m not a big fan of Fat bands, ska-punk stuff, or pop-punk…with some exceptions though.

My tradelist has a section that explains what I’m into pretty well.

I don’t post a lot but have been on the board for a while now. I’m vegan. Blah blah blah.