best show of the year that you saw?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thusfar it's a three-way tie between Jonah Matranga, Frank Turner, and Look Mexico in Austin, TX at Plush; Monotonix at Bottletree in Birmingham, AL; and Cursive at Bottletree in Birmingham, AL

but Revival Tour is tomorrow night...so we'll see if any of those shows get over-taken

hmm

Lucero/ John Paul Keith and the 145's at Mezzanine

Set Your Goals/ Four Year Strong/ Polar Bear Club/ Fireworks at slim's (maybe not the best but I had so much fun)

Frank Turner/ Steve Soto and the Twisted Hearts/ Look Mexico @ Thee Parkside

but... LTJ/ Fishbone/ Swellers!! in December. Im going to have a lot of fun at that I bet.

and big d / sonic boom 6

My Bloody Valentine at the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA

Funeral for a Friend at The Glass House, Pomona, CA

Fucked Up at Angelo's Pizza, Pomona, CA

Jimmy Eat World (Clarity 10 Tour) at Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA

Mogwai at the Orpheum Theater, Los Angeles, CA

Manic Street Preachers at the Avalon, Hollywood, CA

Native was probably the tightest band I saw this year. And probably one of the loudest. Don't expect anyone but Ryan on the board to know about them. And Marcrotteau since he was there too.

Get on those mofos. Good shit.

Only show I saw that anyone else would probably know about was Lucero. (They weren't so shit hot that night).

Native was probably the tightest band I saw this year. And probably one of the loudest. Don't expect anyone but Ryan on the board to know about them. And Marcrotteau since he was there too.

Get on those mofos. Good shit.

Only show I saw that anyone else would probably know about was Lucero. (They weren't so shit hot that night).

Native is so awesome, and they're such nice dudes. Playing my house on January 10th.

Hmm, nothing is coming to mind immediately as blowing me away. The most fun I had at a show was definitely Algernon Cadwallader's set at the Fest.

I guess a band that really surprised me was Joint Chiefs of Math. They're decent on recording, but god damn, watching them play live really makes you appreciate them. Ah, similar thing with 1994!.

Drabley talking about how good Native was bums me out for not seeing them. I can't remember what I was doing, but I know I chose to do something totally unmemorable instead.

Guest adam526

I enjoy writing stuff like this, so bare with me.

Incubus secret show @ Echoplex - Really fun show at a very small venue.

Brand New @ Troubadour - Great setting, great setlist, all around perfect show.

Portugal. The Man @ Crepe Place in Santa Cruz - This was the first of a few shows during a road trip up to Outside Lands. An amazing hour long set at a cafe with about 100 people crammed into a space that holds about 50.

Outside Lands @ Golden Gate Park in San Fransisco - Seeing Infantree, Zion-I, Portugal. the Man, TV on the Radio and Mars Volta in one day in my favorite city in the US made for a great day and great road trip.

Thom Yorke @ Echoplex - Thom Yorke at the Echoplex is enough of a description to know that this show was fucking amazing.

The Matches Farewell Shows @ Troubadour/Fillmore in San Fransisco - Seeing one of my favorite bands play their last couple shows was bittersweet. A few of my friends from out of state, and a friend from Australia flew into LA and we made a trip out of it. Such a good time at the shows with a ton of friends. The afterparty at the Fillmore was one of the best times I've had at a show in a long time.

Manchester Orchestra @ Troubadour - It was my first time seeing them since the new album came out. It was great hearing all the new songs.

Blink 182 @ The Joint in Las Vegas - Went to the first two shows of the reunion tour in Las Vegas. Had a fun time in the crowd of night one, and a fun time kicking back and relaxing during night two. MCS opened these shows. First time seeing them in a long ass time.