so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

Finally got some things rearranged in the living room, so this is what it looks like now. 

LivingRoomPrints.jpg

And here is my Esao wall.  The only print I have that's not up there is Dangling Conversations. It's an odd size so it will need a custom frame, and I haven't gotten around to getting one for it yet. 

EsaoPrints.jpg

Finally got some things rearranged in the living room, so this is what it looks like now. 

LivingRoomPrints.jpg

And here is my Esao wall.  The only print I have that's not up there is Dangling Conversations. It's an odd size so it will need a custom frame, and I haven't gotten around to getting one for it yet. 

EsaoPrints.jpg

these prints are SOOOO SICK! especially love the Esao prints

totally rad!!!

I have a lot of prints and posters from the last 15+ years of going to shows. One of the regulars where I work knows I'm super into vinyl and Detroit music. One day he brought in a whole bunch of handbills he had collected from his childhood attending shows at the venerable Grande Ballroom, and told me he had some posters that his brother had left him. His brother was kind of a hippie who did light shows at the Grande and other venues and had pulled posters down to trade.

One day he told me they were just taking up space and he should get rid of them. I asked him to please bring them by before he did so and I would make him offers.

After about a year, and me telling him I may be transferred soon, he brought by a box of them. He asked me to take them home, see what they're worth, make him some offers, and we'll go from there. I knew they are valuable; there are 16 in the box and I just guessed that maybe the whole collection was roughly $1500 or so.

So I'm digging through these things, taking pictures, noting conditions. A lot of them are psychedelic pieces by Gary Grimshaw, and most of them are for the Grande. Tons of MC5; a well known Big Brother and the Holding Company poster that I've seen elsewhere; a Vanilla Fudge piece that a lot of you might even recognize. Tim Buckley. One from a Flint venue advertising "the final Michigan appearance of the Jimi Hendrix Experience." One from a Doors show at Cobo Arena in 1968.

I post the pictures online, and friends are asking me how much they could buy the Hendrix and Doors for, so I start looking online.

There are probably $25000 worth of posters in this fucking thing. I was planning on picking out a few I really wanted and offering him $150-200 for them, and I now realize that is an incredibly insulting offer. I'm terrified to even have these in my possession any longer, much less take them to work and wait for him to come in.

It was fun digging through them, but holy smokes. I'm finding auction prices approaching $7000, while I hold a nicer specimen in my hand.

I really wish some of these were still available, but ended up grabbing the James Eads, "You Really Are Kind of Fanstastic". It would be a great Christmas present for my bf if I can keep it a secret for that long. HA! It's absolutely beautiful, and I think he will love it. 

15559986582_07296d97f6_o_large.jpg?v=141

I really like that green color on your walls. It's pretty and makes those prints pop with the thick black and white borders. Well done. 

Thanks. I'm digging the way they look.

I can't decide whether to buy the new timed James Jean print, or the Jeremy Geddes print since I only have enough money for one. I'm leaning towards the Jame Jean I think.

http://omgposters.com/2014/11/13/hypostasis-timed-edition-art-print-jeremy-geddes-onsale-info/

http://omgposters.com/2014/11/12/seasons-timed-edition-art-print-james-jean-onsale-info/