so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

I've only got a couple prints, but have been getting more into them lately. I've got the Lagrecia one framed, a Fucked Up show one, and one I picked up the other night for the Weakerthans/Constantines 2009 Canadian Tour. I have intent to frame both the unframed ones once I get into my new house in a couple weeks.

To you guys who have a bunch of prints, do you frame them all?

Edit: I also have the Frankenstein Tom Gabel one that Steak MTN. did, but I don't like it that much so I probably won't get it framed.

so i pull in the driveway today after work and almost have a heart attack when i notice a poster tube (and a lp mailer) sitting on my porch in the pouring rain. luckily nothing inside either package got wet even though both of them were pretty soaked when i got to them.

i got a bunch of prints from one of my favorite bands...

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

the florian print (1st one) definitely needs to be framed ASAP and i plan to get a cheapo frame for the 2nd one tomorrow since its an easy size to find

That Kevin Leary that everyone keeps posting is sick in person. I got it the day it came out and it's by far one of my favorite prints. I don't really like show prints but sometimes ill buy a band print if it looks good. I'm big on Jeremy Fish stuff and Bertmer is always great too. That being said there is a new Bertmer Integrity print up at shirts and destroy that looks great. Im passing on it because theres some other stuff coming out this week that i need to jump on but a figured a few people here would like that information.

I have never really been into collecting prints or dropping large chunks of cash on them but here is a few things i have.

I also havent gone as far as getting anything mated and have stolen all these frames from work. so i am not nearly as dedicated as you guys, but oh well.

got this last night

[image]

I bought this Misfits print about 8 or so years ago. #295/700

[image]

Print from the last "official" steinways show last month

[image]

Just a poster, Satanic Surfers Australian tour poster for 666 motor inn. signed by the band.

[image]

[image]

Ben Kweller photo I printed out in the Darkroom, then matted it and got the matt signed by Ben Kweller...then framed it

the picture of the finished product sucks b/c my girlfriend busted the viewing screen of my digital point-n-shoot...so I can't see anything 'till I put it on my computer

[image]

This is a scan of the print before it was matted, signed, and framed

[image]

Chuck Ragan photo dyptic I took, then printed in the darkroom, matted, had him sign it, then framed it.

[image]

Chuck Ragan photo dyptic after I printed it out and scanned it in.

I love this stuff, I took the pictures, developed/processed the film, printed out the prints in the darkroom, matted the prints myself, got 'em signed, then built the frames, cut the glass, finished it all myself, I've got some more I'm gonna get done in the same fashion of Ben Nichols, Kevin Jones (TheSnakeTheCrossTheCrown), Jaime Barrier (The Pine Hill Haints/The Wednesdays/Rise Up Howling Wareworf), and a few others

I have this print for sale or trade if anyone is into it.

I bought this print for a show i went to and have never hung it and its been in the tube since i got it. It's done by Hero Design and Sound and was one of their first show prints. It was signed by Mark Brickey who owns Hero (and used to sing for the enkindels). He only signed the first designs they did before they started signing Hero on their prints. This is numberd out of 60 i think. I don't feel like unrolling it unless someone is interested in it.

[image]

Guest duhpunk

I don't necessarily collect prints, but here's a few I've accumulated over the past few years

Anberlin (February 20, 2007; Myspace Secret Show; Orlando, FL) /~400

([image])

Brand New (June 29, 2006, Orlando) /100

([image])

Gaslight Anthem (March 9, 2009; Myspace Secret Show; Gainesville, FL) #120/400

([image])

Rufio (2004 Tour) #124/200

([image])

Underoath (June 20, 2006; Myspace Secret Show; Tampa, FL) /~600

([image])

I've also got a HWM one from a show a few months ago that I don't have a picture of.

That Gaslight one is awesome.

I was at a friend of mine's tonight and his dad is pretty high up in Global Broadcasting Canada, so he has a bunch of promo posters from Global shows in his basement and stuff. He's got a print of the simpsons poster with all the characters from the show, numbered out of 500. I'm moving into a house with him next month and he said he'd bring it with him, pretty cool.

[image]