so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

and i'm looking at getting a lot of stuff framed in the next couple of months, what do spacers do exactly? should i get them if i live in texas because of the humidity?

first off, spacers aren't going to do shit unless you have your print mounted onto a substrate such as Foamcore board, gator board, something relatively sturdy...doing this pretty much ruins the collectability of your print though. Matting (as long as you're using and acid-free or ph neutral mat) is your best bet, after looooooooong times of your print (assuming it's an actual print...which we'll assume it is) the ink in the print adheres to the glass that it would normally be sitting up against...this is why if you go to a decent frameshop they'll always push matting on you, it's your safety net so to speak. Also kids, there's different types of glass out there, pending on where you hang your prints you'll need to consider this as well. I'd say always be safe and go with a Conservation style glass, if your frameshop doesn't have it in stock, ask if they can get it instock, or I would highly suggest going to another frameshop. Yes, the Conservation glass is a good bit more expensive; however, it blocks close to 98 or 99% of UV rays from destroying your print. Museum glass looks nice, but is a bitch, it's a pain in the dick to clean it usually has zero protection from the sun...only it has going for it is it's nearly invisible. Also ask your framing tech to use Acid Free tape or Linen tape when adhering your print to either the substrate or the mat. Any other type of tape will eventually leave an "Acid Burn" on your print...yet again further depreciating it's value (and it's unsightly).

any more questions feel free to ask...my dad owns a frameshop, and I worked there for 7 years of my life (unfortunately) and grew up around this shit my whole life (yet again, unfortunately).

ironically...I have nothing framed at all...at least anything that I want framed. I just got this photograph of Ben Kweller that I took and printed out in a Darkroom for school signed by him last night...and hopefully go home sooner or later and get it framed up...plan on doin' the same with this photo i took of Chuck Ragan as well...we'll see

i have some leftover screened posters i'm looking to sell to raise some last minute cash for fest... $15ppd for the first one... $5 each additional poster... they will come shipped rolled in a super heavy duty mailing tube.

[image]

[image]

[image]

and i'll have these really soon

[image]

hit me up on pm or email if yer interested and we'll work something out :)

hey guys. just saw that drew Speziale from circle takes the square has a new print up limited to 100 and is pretty rad. you can buy one here http://www.myspace.com/drewspeziale. these will probably go pretty fast.

Damn! I got stoked for a second, but I already have a 1st press of that.

hey guys. just saw that drew Speziale from circle takes the square has a new print up limited to 100 and is pretty rad. you can buy one here http://www.myspace.com/drewspeziale. these will probably go pretty fast.

I was hoping this would be one of his other pieces. The guillotine design is one of the few things he's done that I don't really care for. :-/