Why I don't listen to the radio.

faith

I never listen to the radio. Only my iPod, iPhone, CD's or records. My GF has started listening to the radio in the car again and made me listen to that Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros song called "Home" that's been heavily playing and that she likes, and damn it's a great song. I'm hooked!

I got the album that the song is on and it's really, really disappointing. Very boring album. That one song is great though

Seems like it's always like that when I hear a song that I like on the radio. The rest of the album blows! WTF.

I thought I had broken my CD player in my car and had to go almost a whole summer of just listening to the radio or my Misfits Collection I tape. the major rock radio station in LA is beyond horrible, I think I heard Linkin Park every 30 minutes. One day I just got so upset I went to the trunk where my CD player is and just smacked it. Out of the nowhere the drive started loading and my Flaming Lips CD came on.

I cant understand how a radio station can play a different Linkin Park song between a block of the same "Alternative" music. I love Nirvana but I think its possible to play other stuff besides Nirvana,Sublime and Linkin Park. Its like the only music they play on there are bands every one is used to or the bands that play their shitty booked shows.

I wish every radio station was like Y-Rock on XPN.

this year has been a big year of straying from the radio. had an ipod and trasmitter for the work van. ipod got stolen. resorted back to radio for a while until i got a van with a tape player.

radio here is semi-redeeming, we have a good non-commercial station and a GREAT college station.

www.radiok.org

awesome college station. they have great in-studio guests, play a wide variety of local, national, world wide music. commercial free, user supported.

www.thecurrent.org

decent playlist, gets pretty tame and stale for me after an hour but still better than what the normal classic rock, hard rock or pop stations are playing. also commercial free and user supported.

they brought back the alt rock station in CT, and for the most part it seems to be automated with minimal djs... its decent about 75% of the time.. and then they throw in the post-eddie vedder style bands and ruin a streak of good music.

which station is this?

104.1 and 106.9 are both ct right?

i've been listening to the radio quite a bit, mainly because i'm driving my momz car and my computer isn't burning cds. i swear every time i turn it on its either 'empire state of mind' or 'bad romance' or that when you're fifteen song or that song thats like 'IM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO DESCRIBE THIS GIRL WITHOUT BEING DISRESPECTFUL'

any other AM station i try and get seems to be some conservative commentator which, and don't get me wrong, is hilarious for a certain amount of time but then just gets boring and grating.