Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I've had a hit/miss experience with Interpunk.

The first time I ordered a it took several weeks to arrive and when it did it was missing a motorhead LP, this was a few years ago.

Last year I placed another order and ended up having to move before I received the package (mostly my fault, something came up). They sent me a message about the package being returned to sender, they forwarded the package to me at no extra cost.

Also merchnow is a nightmare. Ordered the transit LP when it came out with some other stuff. LP wasn't in the package even though it was on the recipt included. E-mail them, took a while for them to get back to me and just said sorry and refunded me (minus the extra delivery cost).

The press was gone by the time I got it all sorted what pissed me off as well.

I've been holding off writing this up because I hoped that SRC would rectify this situation, but I've finally come to terms that they have no plans to make this situation right. After pre-ordering the NOFX boxset from them, they shipped it to the wrong address. I wrote a follow up email asking where the package was a week after the expected delivery. I was told that the package was shipped incorrectly and as soon as the package got back to them, they would re-ship it. I waited another week and after receiving no communication I sent another E-mail. I got a response after 3 days or so telling me that they "think" the package got back to them and they would re-ship the package. Well, that last E-mail was on the 21st of May. I have tried to contact SRC 5 separate times since then, and have received ZERO responses. They are obviously not shipping this to me and just expect me to be OK with losing out big time on this. I have never in my 10 years of record collecting been subjected to such horrible customer service and lack of responsibility, even by labels/distros run out of garages and bedrooms. For a relatively large distro company I find this absolutely appalling that this would go so far. I will never order from SRC again and I hope some of you guys realize how terrible this company really is and think twice about giving these people your money.

Src sucks, it's been said many, many times before. But how did they ship it to the wrong address? Dis you give the wrong one, or did they just ship it wherever they wanted?

I was moving in mid-may and the release date was April 24th. I specified in my order details (special instructions) that if this was shipping after the release date to ship it to a different address. I also sent a separate E-mail on April 20th just to make sure that they read the note. And on top of that I sent another E-mail on the 28th just to make sure it was shipped to the correct address. And this is what Jenna said "It was shipped to NJ, those warehouse guys never listen to me!! I will yell at them for you!"

Best:

Interpunk - (only had one hiccup with them.. ordered a Rival Schools - Pedals LP when it was coming out.. got a CD instead. They quickly mailed me a LP and told me to keep the CD as a sorry. I love that site so much)

RevHQ

Bridge Nine

Deathwish Inc

Lockin Out

Triple B

Worst:

Powered Records

I ordered an Omegas 7'' from Powered as well as a t-shirt and never received it. (it took a YEAR for the guy to respond to my emails. He told me it had been sent and likely got lost. (which is possible considering it did have to come from Belgum... but still a whole year to reply to me?) That's the only time I may have been ripped off in almost 8 years of buying records.

I've been holding off writing this up because I hoped that SRC would rectify this situation, but I've finally come to terms that they have no plans to make this situation right. After pre-ordering the NOFX boxset from them, they shipped it to the wrong address. I wrote a follow up email asking where the package was a week after the expected delivery. I was told that the package was shipped incorrectly and as soon as the package got back to them, they would re-ship it. I waited another week and after receiving no communication I sent another E-mail. I got a response after 3 days or so telling me that they "think" the package got back to them and they would re-ship the package. Well, that last E-mail was on the 21st of May. I have tried to contact SRC 5 separate times since then, and have received ZERO responses. They are obviously not shipping this to me and just expect me to be OK with losing out big time on this. I have never in my 10 years of record collecting been subjected to such horrible customer service and lack of responsibility, even by labels/distros run out of garages and bedrooms. For a relatively large distro company I find this absolutely appalling that this would go so far. I will never order from SRC again and I hope some of you guys realize how terrible this company really is and think twice about giving these people your money.

same here with SRC, ive been waiting hoping they would help me out, they left an item out of an order and i cant even get so much as a reply from them. Only real problem ive had ordering records in the last five years or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Placed two seperate orders from Heart In Hand Records last September. Haven't received either orders, a reply to my any of my emails, a reply at my attempted Paypal claim or anything. Non existent communication.

On the other hand, I have never had a single problem with Deathwish. I live in Australia so sometimes packages take a while to get here, but the orders from there always seem to come within a few days, which is surprisingly quick. And there's always little goodies chucked in with my orders!

Bear Minimum Records sucks. It's run by the singer(?) for Bicycle Sunday. I pledged something like $30 to the Kickstarter for the Park Jefferson/Bicycle Sunday split 7". I was supposed to get a shirt, a cassette, the record, a thank you in the liner notes, maybe some other little stuff. I had back and forth emailed the guy and it seemed like it was coming out. More than a year after the Kickstarter ended (and a couple months after my last e-mail from him), I sent them another email asking for a refund. No reply. Then a month later I sent another email asking for a refund. No reply. Then a couple days later I asked Park Jefferson what was up and they said that Joe from Bicycle Sunday was dealing with the record, not them. So I emailed Joe and found Joe's Tumblr account and messaged him there. No reply. Then I left a message on Bicycle Sunday's Facebook page asking for a refund. No reply and they deleted the message. Then a couple days later I got a test press for the record which I don't even want anymore (and that's not what I paid for anyway). I left another comment on their Facebook telling them that, they deleted it.

Park Jefferson also sucks for not refunding me for a cd of theirs I bought a very long time ago, haven't recieved, and don't want anymore. They also ignored further emails about it. And now they're broken up anyway, as all Nick Stutsman bands inevitably do.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?