Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Anyone have any trouble with Top Shelf records? I place an order almost three weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm getting a little worried...
I ordered two records from them about 3 weeks ago. Emailed them the other day and they immediately replied. Said my stuff would ship this week. try emailing?

Anyone have any trouble with Top Shelf records? I place an order almost three weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm getting a little worried...
I ordered two records from them about 3 weeks ago. Emailed them the other day and they immediately replied. Said my stuff would ship this week. try emailing?

I emailed about two weeks ago, its been a month now since I ordered. I'm gonna send another email I guess.

I emailed about two weeks ago, its been a month now since I ordered. I'm gonna send another email I guess.

haha well shit, i hope i didn't just get lip service from them...i want my damn records!

"I am shark" records... Smaller, new label with quite a few decent distro options and some good releases. I received

A record that had a sleeve damaged in shipping. They sent me a new sleeve, the other color variant offered for that

Vinyl, AND a hand written letter apologizing.... Best customer service I have ever received.

Okay so I got my records from Topshelf, but my A Great Big Pile of Leaves 7" only has two tracks on it when it looks like the description for the record online has five tracks. Pretty disappointed and wondering if I misread the description or something. Emailed Kevin/Topshelf today so we'll see what happens.

Okay so I got my records from Topshelf, but my A Great Big Pile of Leaves 7" only has two tracks on it when it looks like the description for the record online has five tracks. Pretty disappointed and wondering if I misread the description or something. Emailed Kevin/Topshelf today so we'll see what happens.

They got back to me on thursday, saying it had finally shipped. I ordered the ABPOL 7" and LP from them, I wonder if there was some problem with those records.

Edit: it says 5 tracks on the website, so I really hope the pressing isn't screwed up and we only get 2 track. Let me know what they say!

They got back to me on thursday, saying it had finally shipped. I ordered the ABPOL 7" and LP from them, I wonder if there was some problem with those records.

Edit: it says 5 tracks on the website, so I really hope the pressing isn't screwed up and we only get 2 track. Let me know what they say!

yeah it's only two songs, we don't need our heads and the limbeck cover.

"I'm really sorry about this, we should have been much more clear in the item description. Unfortunately, due to the physical restraints of the 7" format, we couldn't fit all the tracks on to the record. That's why there's only two."

I'm not gonna send mine back because I dig the purple, but that's like blatant false advertising.

yeah it's only two songs, we don't need our heads and the limbeck cover.

"I'm really sorry about this, we should have been much more clear in the item description. Unfortunately, due to the physical restraints of the 7" format, we couldn't fit all the tracks on to the record. That's why there's only two."

I'm not gonna send mine back because I dig the purple, but that's like blatant false advertising.

Yeah thats really fucked up, it has a five track listing on the website and the download, but its only 2 tracks. Damn, I'm gonna keep it anyway but shit that would've been nice to know...

Just wanted to share a good experience I had with Victory records--I ordered the tan TAYF repress from them, but they emailed me telling me it was sold out. I called and changed the order to a Hawthorne Heights vinyl that was the same price. They shipped out on the same day and included a TAYF poster and 2 Hawthorne Heights posters for free, which I thought was a very nice gesture

Not good - Kiss of Death

Sent me the wrong record. Wanted me to pay to send it back (did offer to throw a 7inch back, so thats not terrible). I send him an extra $6 just to keep the wrong record and get the correct one sent out (he agrees), two weeks and no record and no response to emails.

Posted on their facebook page and they deleted that within 5 minutes. AWESOME

almost said ormolycka, as i had ordered a death grips cassettes a few months ago and got a weird holdover tape, but i just heard this is being cleared up.

single girl married girl has great packaging (envelope with crazy big bird eating a worm on it) and include pins. definitely inspired me to try to include pins and zines in whatever i'm shipping from cellar hits.

Rorschach Records - Great experience, shipped the records the day after I ordered them, threw in a bunch of awesome extras, and when I realized I was missing a 7" responded to my email in a few hours and shipped out the 7". Will absolutely be ordering from again.

Fat Sandwich Records - Ship really really fast, and included a sweet 7" for free.

I Hate Punk Rock Records - Cheap prices, fast shipping, and some sweet extras in there too.

SRC - I know its been said a bunch but my experience with them sucked. Two weeks to ship "in stock" items, and then one record was missing, and one was the wrong color. I called their cust. service line for 3 days before finally getting a person on the phone and it took them another two weeks to ship the order. Wont be ordering from them again.

SRC - Danny is awesome and by awesome... I mean not so much. Ordered 3 records on 2/1 - (The Used, Black Keys, and Sublime)... was told 2 weeks later the Black Keys was on backorder but would ship around 2/15. Was then told, 'oh we just shipped it out'... was then told 'if you don't have it by next week, we'll reship it'... was then told 'sorry, this just went out'... finally today after not hearing from them on my last 3 emails filed a claim with PayPal. Amazingly enough, I got an email moments later that said, 'this will ship tomorrow'... hahahaha. Are you kidding me?

I've had great experiences with CI records, a small label in Lancaster, PA.

Everyone says the owner is a dickwad, but from my experiences he seems like a nice guy.

The two times I've had issues with orders, I emailed them, they got back to me within the hour, and shipped a new one out that day. Great customer service, even though they overcharge a bit.

Also, for the guy above me. I ordered a Transit cd from SRC one (the Japan import of Keep This To Yourself.). They accidentally sent me the US edition, emailed, got back to me in a few hours, and sent me the right one. They told me to keep the US as well. Great customer service from them as well, I think anyway.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?