Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

• 2 weeks later...

Asbestos record, preordered the sum41 record back when they announced it. I kinda forgot about it and but saw it on ebay

i i figured it came out. Emailed to know what was up with that, received a few words saying yeah yeah ill check. Then

communication stopped for 2 weeks and nothing. wrote some more, tried to be nice, batshit crazy, no replies.

also,

SecretSerpent: never sent 2 different orders, took very long to get replies. That was a while ago and im very disappointed since it was for something i was really looking forward to. product was sold out but they were selling copies on ebay. never really knew what happened but eventually got a refund out of nowhere.

Asbestos record, preordered the sum41 record back when they announced it. I kinda forgot about it and but saw it on ebay

i i figured it came out. Emailed to know what was up with that, received a few words saying yeah yeah ill check. Then

communication stopped for 2 weeks and nothing. wrote some more, tried to be nice, batshit crazy, no replies.

Contact them on facebook. I waited a few months to get my records despite nothing being preordered and settled it by getting in touch with them on there since they post something almost daily. If that doesn't work open a Paypal case. To their defense they did just throw an awesome Skalapalooza tour and just came back from the Fest so they may not have gotten back to you during that period of time because of how busy they were. It's really a shame because they put out great records, are really nice people, help keep a dying ska scene alive, but are total flakes when it comes to mailorder and communication.

Contact them on facebook. I waited a few months to get my records despite nothing being preordered and settled it by getting in touch with them on there since they post something almost daily. If that doesn't work open a Paypal case. To their defense they did just throw an awesome Skalapalooza tour and just came back from the Fest so they may not have gotten back to you during that period of time because of how busy they were. It's really a shame because they put out great records, are really nice people, help keep a dying ska scene alive, but are total flakes when it comes to mailorder and communication.

cool, i might try that facebook thing. tried contacting them here and even though they post daily it didnt work.

Favorite Gentlemen is kinda giving me a hard time right now. Put in an order for the All Get Out 2xLP about 6 weeks ago. They've corresponded with me once and haven't answered any of my e-mails as to where my product is, if it's still available, anything. I understand that a small label has limited resources, but instead of keeping me in the dark, just let me know what's happening.

Having a similar problem with American Dream as of right now, too. Not sure what the problem with communication is.

hate to have to post in here... but Temporary Residence fucking sucks. I ordered two Envy LP's exactly one month ago, and they still haven't shipped. sent me a tracking number after 2 weeks of emailing Anna, and it still reads "notification received." which means, it ain't shipped yet. if it wasn't for the fact that this is the only way I can get envy sealed for $12 a pop, I would have cancelled that shit. they fucked up a Young Widows order I had too. how can these types of operations sustain themselves? funny thing is... I would have already ordered more Envy by now had they handled shit properly. now, I'd rather just pay eBay prices and actually receive my vinyl.

Just wanted to give people who have been dicked around by SRC a little helpful advice that worked for me.

Awhile back I placed two orders within two days of each other. One was a pre-order that was due to come out about a week and a half later and the other was for three records that all showed they were in stock. To make a long story short I went through all the same bullshit everyone else has talked about. Things showed shipped when they hadn't been, all of a sudden they were out of records they said they had in stock, they'd say that it was coming in within the next few days and it never did etc. Eventually I emailed and ask that they just refund me my money because I was sick of waiting for them to get their shit together and I had already found other places to get the records I wanted and then they stopped replying to emails all together. At this point it had been about a month and a half since I placed my orders so I called my bank and disputed the chargers explaining that I paid and never received the product. They opened an investigation and immediately refunded me for both orders I placed with SRC. The next day I emailed SRC to let them know I was disputing the charge and they magically found all of the records I had been waiting on and shipped them out the next day even though I told them not to because I had already ordered them from somewhere else. I got those records a week later and was then sitting on two copies of each of them because I had also received the order I had placed for the albums SRC had lagged so bad on. So I email them asking for the address of where I should send the records back probably about five or six times and they never replied to tell me how to get them back to them. I knew that if the bank finished their investigation and found I did eventually received the product they could take back the money they had refunded me. I thought it was a pretty fucking dirty move to refuse to tell me how to return their shit to them. Anyway, in the end the bank concluded the investigation, I kept my refund and the records. I'm not exactly sure how that all worked but I assume if a company is run so poorly they can't even keep their inventory and stock straight, they probably aren't savvy enough to figure out how to reply to a disputed charge from the bank.

Just an option I thought might be helpful for people to be aware of if these assholes are lying and screwing you over too. I don't know if all banks work the same way (I have Bank Of America) but it worked for me.

I had a similiar issue with SRC on the Quicksand release.

Sat for two weeks in accepted in Buffalo, someone on here chimed in from them, than I emailed them, hold on for another two weeks, email again, state they didnt go missing I have to be patient, wait another week, still no movement, than they email me saying they are sending a new one, all of a sudden track number moves, original tracking number on package when I got it. They just never mailed it and instead of saying that blamed the post office and everyone else hoping I was too dumb to reference the tracking numbers to realize they are the same

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not gonna spend all night reading through 37 pages of posts, but has anyone ever received an album that came with just the sleeve and a lyric sheet but no actual record?

Just happened to me....ordered Underoath "Disambiguation" from Solid State/Merch Direct and got no record but the sleeve and lyrics booklet. You cannot even imagine how depressed I became after working all day in anticipation of getting home and spinning that bad boy. I guess I could spin the sleeve on my head....ANYWAYS, I contacted Merch Direct and I'm waiting on a reply back.

Definitely not gonna spend all night reading through 37 pages of posts, but has anyone ever received an album that came with just the sleeve and a lyric sheet but no actual record?

Just happened to me....ordered Underoath "Disambiguation" from Solid State/Merch Direct and got no record but the sleeve and lyrics booklet. You cannot even imagine how depressed I became after working all day in anticipation of getting home and spinning that bad boy. I guess I could spin the sleeve on my head....ANYWAYS, I contacted Merch Direct and I'm waiting on a reply back.

Which email address did you send to, if you don't mind me asking?

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?