Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

american dream records is really dicking me hard. been two months since i placed an order for a record and have heard nothing, despite e-mailing him multiple times for an update. unbelievable. run for cover is doing me dirty with a basement pre-order that they claim they can't find a record of, though i have all of my paypal info that says i paid and blah blah blah. god fucking damnit. sorry for cursing.

american dream records is really dicking me hard. been two months since i placed an order for a record and have heard nothing, despite e-mailing him multiple times for an update. unbelievable. run for cover is doing me dirty with a basement pre-order that they claim they can't find a record of, though i have all of my paypal info that says i paid and blah blah blah. god fucking damnit. sorry for cursing.

ADR dudes are members on absolutepunk, you can try catching them there. joe posts pretty regularly

http://www.absolutepunk.net/member.php?u=21305

http://www.absolutepunk.net/member.php?u=16232

probably goes without saying but if you don't have to order stuff from Victory don't. decided against my better judgement and ordered something from them, the new Streetlight record, then decided to cancel my order after the album got pushed back a few months. they took a few days to actually refund me from the day they said they would through email and when they did they just sent me a payment through Paypal rather than issuing me a refund from the transaction. as a result there were fees attached so i didn't receive all of my money back. now i am fighting with those idiots about getting all of my money back, they can't grasp what they did wrong on their end.

I contacted Joe about a similar issue. I ordered my record October 22, and it still hasn't shipped to me. He said that they're just backed up and they're taking forever. Just gotta wait it out, I guess...

Having more problems with Captured Tracks. Emailed them twice about it, WOULD write on their facebook wall but they disabled that feature (HMM WONDER WHY?).... Basically I can't order anything from their website. It gets to the point where I'm supposed to enter payment info and I get an error message. I really wish I could buy these things from a different place for the same price but I just can't. Sucks they have such great bands and such shitty customer service.

worst ever was track & field (in the uk) which I'm not sure if they even exist anymore but I ordered a record and then emailed them a month later asking what the dealio was because I had heard nothing and then they were like oh yeah we don't actually have this and I got my money back but it was still quite upsetting. Actually it wasn't that bad but it still took them a few months before people stopped being tricked by the same record. I've honestly have pretty good customer service with labels even when other people have horrible customer service.

Best is def Polyvinyl Records because they even draw you a picture on the box if you ask and give you candy and sometimes free things!

Also Captured tracks facebook says they are currently listening to every demo they have recieved so maybe that's why they haven't had time to respond?

Also Captured tracks facebook says they are currently listening to every demo they have recieved so maybe that's why they haven't had time to respond?

Hi Laura <3

And I wish it was the legitimate reason but I sent my emails to them about a week ago. Not to mention they are NOTORIOUS for ignoring everyone. It's just weird because they gotta notice absolutely zero orders coming in whatsoever. Idk but I ended up ordering what I wanted from them from Amoeba after seeing the good reviews on their online transactions and also finding out most everything is shipped for free. Total bonus.

HI! :) dude that's super lame. they need to have a customer service rep like most labels who sell online do because that's really uncool.

I know, it's horrible. They supposedly just went through this huge renovation too and got new employees and totally revamped their customer service or whatever but if anything it got worse. hashtag ridiculous.

my girlfriend ordered me a bunch of records from Bloodshot for Christmas and when they arrived were damaged all to hell. The package was in pristine condition but the record sleeves were all bent up from obvious employee abuse. I contacted Bloodshot asking if they could send new sleeves since the records seemed okay and they said sure no problem and will speak with the intern who was packing that day. Came in the mail today and they sent all new records of the three ordered and were packed amazing. A simple gesture such as sending all new records instead of just sleeves goes a long way and they get the thumbs up from me.

I orderd the new Bad Books album media mail from MerchDirect on Saturday morning. It was mailed out by noon that same day. It is going to arrive at my home this afternoon.

Granted I am not that far from their warehouse (I went there for an event and it took me about an hour), but immediate processing and same day shipping can't be beat.

Best = 

Amazon. I know they've been panned in this thread, but hey, they came up with the "frustration free" mailer (which Third Man now uses, thankfully), plus returns are free and refunds are immediate.

Acoustic Sounds. For the pricey shit, these guys can't be beat. They ship FedEx, their mailers (which were Amazon's inspiration) are bulletproof, and the guys will walk back in the warehouse for you and look at stock while you're on the phone with them.

Juno.co.uk. How these guys are always able to get my vinyl across the Atlantic in perfect condition is a mystery, when I can't get the same thing from LA without it being trashed.

Mediocre =

Insound. Multiple emails required to get a response. Website is rarely accurate regarding what's in stock. 

Bad =

ImportCDs (Super D, the largest distributor in the US). Guaranteed seam splits and/or bad corners in their slightly oversized shitty Bags Unlimited mailers. Returns are on your dime, and sometimes you have to email them a reminder to get your refund + return postage.

Third Man. Until their recent adoption of Amazon's design, everything arrived damaged.

Matador. Like others have said, everything arrives damaged in soft cardboard boxes. They just can't seem to get it right, but they're always pleasant about sending replacements, and have never asked for the damaged goods back.

Merge. Same as Matador, but shipping is always free in the US. Ditto their replacement policy.

Worst = Thrill Jockey. Vinyl comes covered in glue residue from the sleeves, and the idiot in mailorder expects you to pay the return shipping, and then only for store credit. If anybody knows who he is, please punch him for me.

I know this doesn't count exactly, but Limited Run is seriously amazing as far as e-commerce platforms go. Incredible customer service (I'm talking Saturday morning email replies in less than 5 minutes) and super nice dudes in general. Setting up / editing products is a breeze even if you have zero knowledge of HTML or computers, period.

Most stores I've purchased from that use them have a super clean/easy check out process too.

So any labels/bands, I highly suggest checking them out if you have shit to sell. 

go hastings fucking sucks. they shipped me a refused LP in a folded piece of soft cardboard. the package was punctured, all the way through. literally pierced through the cardboard, both LPs, the jacket, and even the bonus DVD. they still havent responded to my request for a return label.

go hastings fucking sucks. they shipped me a refused LP in a folded piece of soft cardboard. the package was punctured, all the way through. literally pierced through the cardboard, both LPs, the jacket, and even the bonus DVD. they still havent responded to my request for a return label.

I bitched to them about this, and they said "we are aware of this and are evaluating our packaging policy". 

this was over a year ago. 

I bitched to them about this, and they said "we are aware of this and are evaluating our packaging policy". 

this was over a year ago. 

not surprised at all. probably figure its more cost effective to use shit packaging and replace 2-3% of orders than just pony up for proper mailers. I'm not expecting a SoundStage box or anything, but fuckkkkkkk these are pizza-box bad.

not surprised at all. probably figure its more cost effective to use shit packaging and replace 2-3% of orders than just pony up for proper mailers. I'm not expecting a SoundStage box or anything, but fuckkkkkkk these are pizza-box bad.

mine was in a bubble envelope only. 

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?