Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

My worst experience was with bridge 9 they are a bunch of con artsits.

Have to admit, that I am not overly happy with the b9 crowd. Once had problems with a download code, never got a response.

They messed up my mystery bundle order as well(I ended up with 2 Have Heart 7"s instead of one of Verse and HH each), and I emailed them repeatedly, without getting any response... :-/

With B9, I've had a problem with every download code from them (I've had around 5 or 6.) I email them and let them know the problem and they've responded within a day or two.

I got my B9 package in about 2 weeks, but as for Troubleman.. I just got an email from Paypal confirming that my package that was ordered a month ago was shipped. I got a tracking # too. No responses from the emails I've sent them though.

No responses really grind my gears man. Like answer your gosh darn emails. I havnt dealt with b9 in like 5 + years... glad to see they got their shit together. ::)

having more trouble with SRC than i have ever had with a distro.

not bad customer serivce, mind you, just a lot of confusion.

i ordered a copy of brand new's - the devil and god, and a copy of mars volta's - octohedren on february 3rd.

the mars volta record sat on "pending" for a good 2 weeks because aparently it was out of stock, without the distro contacting me or mailing the one record they DID have in stock.

after 2 emails i finally got a phone call from a very nice fellow explaining to me exactly what was wrong and why they hadn't shipped. (aparently the mars volta records they had in stock were damaged somehow?)

so they gave me credit for the mars volta title and i ordered 2 other 12"s and a 7" with said credit.

about 2 days later they shipped both the Brand New LP and my 2nd order.

i recieved the Brand New album last friday, but still have not recieved my 2nd order, WHICH SHIPPED THE SAME DAMN DAY.

also, the tracking info on said order comes up blank, while the tracking info for the Brand New record has every point of arrival tracked all the way to my home.

i've emailed src twice about this with no response. i'm getting a bit concerned about what may have happened with the package and any possible refund if it never arrives.

I ordered about 200 dollars worth of records a month and a half ago from SRC during their 20% off sale and have yet to actually receive any of my records. They said they were waiting on two records to arrive but were going to ship out the rest of them right away. They gave me a tracking number about 2 weeks ago but all it tells me is that the electronic shipping info was received. I'm starting to think that they screwed me and am really anxious to get my 200 dollars worth of records in. I definitely won't be ordering from SRC again, I just assumed that they would be reputable people because they are affiliated with VC but I guess I was wrong.

i've been really happy with Relapse Records lately. They always seem to ship within a day of my order and send an e-mail if something is out of stock. Plus, i love a lot of their bands, so that helps too.

I finally broke down and gave src a phone call this morning and got everything sorted out. It seems the odds of them admitting a problem via email are slim but phone calls seem to work. Turns out they were sold out of the nofx 7" I wanted and told me to order another +one on the house along with a promise they will ship tomorrow.

So I got the bouncing souls / hwm split and heks orkest - endless scroll added to my order. Let's hope this time It works. This is the second time I've had to alter my order due to them not updating he inventory of their web store.

I recommend mr $200 up there to give them a call. They'll explain themselves and may or may not fix your problem.

The odds of me ordering from src again are slim. It's not that they don't try, they just seem a little overwhelmed and it seems like Danny does almost everything himself, which makes it easy for him to forget about orders and overlook emails.

Not saying that's acceptable, or forgivable for that mater, but it is understandable.

im not confused. i would say more.....flabbergasted.

i would think it would be quite the opposite, as we all know just how reputable VC is, and so its funny to me that anyone would think that anything remotely associated with VC would automatically be reputable based on the connection. if anything, any connection to vc more likely destroys any positive reputation!

I have mixed experience with Pendu Sound Recordings. First time i ordered a record everything went fine. A bit more than a year ago I made a preorder and still haven't received the record. E-mailed the guy numerous times, he said he will send it, but apparently he never did that - and now the record is sold out. Fucker...

So yeah, I finally (after just over 2 months) got my SRC order. Instead of shipping me my copy of Somedays you get the thunder by the gateway district, they gave me some bullshit album by a band called pollyanna or something. I'm not even sure I have the patience to deal with sending it back and getting the right one at this point. I'll probably just order it from the label or from some company that isn't mind numbingly useless.

Worst of the worst of the really very worst: Eyeball records

agreed 100%. I ordered the United Nations LP about 5 months ago. Still haven't gotten a damn thing. Sent numerous emails, paypal dispute and nothing.

Same shit. I didn't wait that long because I get really paranoid about losing stuff in the mail, but they weren't all too responsive to me at all until my PayPal dispute popped up.

They did refund me afterwards. Makes me less angry.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?