Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I ordered a record from Volar Records about 5 months ago. He keeps promising to send it and then says he sent it, that was 3 weeks ago.

UPDATE

After emailing him once again just asking for a refund, he refunded me immediately. He also sent me the record evidently free of charge. He made things right, which is a lot. I will still hesitate to order again though.

TEMPORARY RESIDENCE did me a solid.

I recently bought a copy of Take Care by EITS from a shop. I got home, opened it up, and realized the giant poster was missing. I called the store back, the guys basically said, "Too bad, it was used."

So, I emailed TR, and they sent me a free poster. I ordered a Mono record for them to ship it with (because I figured I owed them that).

REALLY AWESOME EXPERIENCE. Plus, they reinforced the corners of the box with extra cardboard. Professional.

Big Scary Monsters sucks... I bought a Bear Vs. Shark vinyl in early May and it never came, dude never responded to 3 e-mails. Had to open a case in Paypal.

Agreed. I ordered the Grown Ups 12" off him last year, took months to send it me, and he never responded to a single e-mail i sent. Even worse considering i live about an hours drive from where they are based.

i have a solid 50 or so dollar order through them. never received it. countless emails sent with no response

just received my PO of incubus 'if not now, when' via MyPlay Direct (Sony).

no cardboard inserts in the mailer. the cover has all kinds of fun bends and creases in it.

i'm gonna call this one a big fat fail. i am disappoint.

update: well at least their customer service seems decent. sent an email earlier and already got a response back with shipping confirmation for a free replacement. they aren't even asking for the other back either. not too shabby. hopefully USPS doesn't smash that one up too.

As many of you would agree, DEATHWISH is one of the BEST labels/distros around. Quick communication and insanely quick shipping. There are many times when I find something from another label and instead of buying from their site, I go to the DW store to see if they have it because I know I will get it fast and they will take care of any problems that may happen. A solid, kickass company. ;D

I ordered a Daylight 12" from City of Gold a month ago and still have not received it. I emailed Adrian, the owner of the label 3+ times and only got a response on the first email sent saying "i shipped it this week, it should be there early next week;" This was 3 weeks ago. I also emailed him and told him I understand international shipping takes a while, but if I could get the tracking information, and no response was sent. It's almost passed PayPal's refund deadline; should I ask for a refund or trust the dude and assume that he shipped it out?

I ordered a Daylight 12" from City of Gold a month ago and still have not received it. I emailed Adrian, the owner of the label 3+ times and only got a response on the first email sent saying "i shipped it this week, it should be there early next week;" This was 3 weeks ago. I also emailed him and told him I understand international shipping takes a while, but if I could get the tracking information, and no response was sent. It's almost passed PayPal's refund deadline; should I ask for a refund or trust the dude and assume that he shipped it out?

Wow I'm in the same boat as you. E-mailed him twice. No response. I'm going to e-mail him today one more time informing him if he doesn't respond I will file a paypal dispute. Such bullshit, it's a small label so I doubt he get's 3,000+ e-mails a day.

I just decided to put up a PayPal dispute, as I have emailed him/them so many times within this month and I have gotten no response. I told the dude if he sent me a tracking number that I'd take down the claim, but still no response.

EDIT: Yeah, I raised my claim to a dispute on PayPal and the dude has still not responded in 7 days, something's obviously up.

We'll see with Kings Road/Epitaph. Ordered from them in the past, everything went great and all, but just received an order and got something completely different with no statement. I sent an email a few minutes ago, we'll see how it will be sorted. Heard good stuff about them in these situation, so let's be hopeful...

We'll see with Kings Road/Epitaph. Ordered from them in the past, everything went great and all, but just received an order and got something completely different with no statement. I sent an email a few minutes ago, we'll see how it will be sorted. Heard good stuff about them in these situation, so let's be hopeful...

I had that happen to me once. I ordered a red colored edition of a Record but received the black copy. I let them know and they immediately apologized and send me the new, correct records. They put a shipping label inside the package with the new records and I basically just replaced the new records with incorrect ones, sealed the same box and affixed the prepaid label! Don't worry my friend. If my experience is the norm then you will totally be fine. If they don't respond to the email quickly don't be afraid to give them a call because that might speed things up. I've always had great service/experiences with the Epitaph webstore at Kings Road Merch. :)

I had that happen to me once. I ordered a red colored edition of a Record but received the black copy. I let them know and they immediately apologized and send me the new, correct records. They put a shipping label inside the package with the new records and I basically just replaced the new records with incorrect ones, sealed the same box and affixed the prepaid label! Don't worry my friend. If my experience is the norm then you will totally be fine. If they don't respond to the email quickly don't be afraid to give them a call because that might speed things up. I've always had great service/experiences with the Epitaph webstore at Kings Road Merch. :)

Cool, thanx!! Yeah I got an email like an hour or so after I sent it, and the person said that they're going to get the right stuff and include a shipping label in, like you mentionned. Just waiting on the order, should come in early this week...

Cool, thanx!! Yeah I got an email like an hour or so after I sent it, and the person said that they're going to get the right stuff and include a shipping label in, like you mentionned. Just waiting on the order, should come in early this week...

Best:

Hex Records (i think the dude drove my record over to me, as it was in the lobby of my apartment one day with no shipping stickers or anything, just a mailer. Good dude!)

Relapse

Deep Six

Grave Mistake

To Live A Lie

Suicide Squeeze

MerchNow (most of the time)

Interpunk (most of the time)

No terrible experiences to speak of, thankfully.

i am so upset with city of gold records... this guy is the WORST CASE! do yourself a favour and NEVER EVER try to order from them: waited 6 weeks, never got a reply to my emails and just as the filed was claimed "hey just got two complaints and i don't know why...", promised 3 times to send the orders but never there was any record to be seen. just for the record ;)

Big Scary Monsters is by far the worst label I've ever dealt with. Finally got my Anathallo 7" after paying for it a second time. The Algernon record I preordered came in the mail today as well. They sent it across the fucking Atlantic in some flimsy-ass cardboard envelope (which had opened in transit)...no bubble wrap either. Needless to say the jacket is bent as fuck.

Broken Circles is one of my favorites at the moment. Brent always ships things within a day or two of ordering. i had a delay around Christmas of about two weeks, e-mailed him, he apologized and stated that he was out of town, shipped my record and threw in a free album, too. Plus, he presses some of my favorites. Highly recommended.

So got my order last week, everything was fine except one of the Social Distortion shirts was a different. Still black but with a different classic car on it. Checked on the site, the one I originally wanted was sold out, so I assume they sent one that looked the closest. Not the one I wanted, but I can deal with it, so... Kings Road is pretty good customer service...!!

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?