Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Should I buy that Arteries record from them? I really don't know anymore. I'm very patient but even I have limits.

Great LP. Just buy it from the band (or me) in the UK and even though it'll cost you a few $ more on postage at least you'll have it within a week! Or wait until No Idea have it, that's probably best!

Im a little frustrated with ShopRadioCast. My order was "awaiting fufillment" for a month so I emailed them about it and they didn't have one of the records and forgot to contact me and quickly responded asking if I would like a refund on one and would ship the other 2 out. So I said yes to the refund and 6 days later I'm still waiting for a reply.

I'm pretty sure the number should just be on the plastic sleeve. BUT - if you just ordered it, then I think you got what is a second run of the record, and I suspect maybe he isn't numbering them at all anymore.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I can't find a number on it anywhere. I love the album and the picture disc is extremely cool, but if it has a sticker on it saying its hand numbered, then it should be.

that's weird. Try asking graveface right on this forum. He's usually quite helpful.

More related to the topic:

ShopRadioCast has been frustrating to order from before; didn't ship an order in a timely fashion at all then gave me a bogus, unrelated tracking number when questioned on it, then actually shipped the order maybe a week or so after this.

He sorted mine out and gave me the refund, The other orders I did with shopradio cast went over just fine, I think it was an error cause of the site redisgn. Ill still order from from them because I don't really expect any delays or anything to happen again. I was frustratied not really at them but more like "WHERES MY STUFF??"

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I can't find a number on it anywhere. I love the album and the picture disc is extremely cool, but if it has a sticker on it saying its hand numbered, then it should be.

that's weird. Try asking graveface right on this forum. He's usually quite helpful.

Actually it turns out that someone asked him same question on his forum. Here is his reply

It is possible your copy was a part of the 10% over/under. Whenever you place an order they send you 10% more or less than what is on your order form. 99% of the time it's over - which is awesome. The problem is for hand-numbering they don't really fall into anything except extras so I leave em blank. Know what I mean?

Can't say I agree with him, but that's his answer.

Actually it turns out that someone asked him same question on his forum. Here is his reply

It is possible your copy was a part of the 10% over/under. Whenever you place an order they send you 10% more or less than what is on your order form. 99% of the time it's over - which is awesome. The problem is for hand-numbering they don't really fall into anything except extras so I leave em blank. Know what I mean?

What's there to not agree with? You guys can always email me as well if you have any questions or concerns btw.

It's totally simple though. What I advertised was that the first 500 copies were hand-numbered and in fact they were. I believe I was actually sent something like 534 copies though so the other x amount of copies weren't hand-numbered. If you have a better suggestion on how to handle an over/under thing after hype-stickers and promotions have started, I'd love to hear it. For realz.

Also, if you'd like to exchange your non-numbered copy for a numbered one, in theory I'll get some back on distro returns eventually.

Regardless of all of this, I appreciate your support! Sorry you were not pleased entirely with your purchase.

What's there to not agree with? You guys can always email me as well if you have any questions or concerns btw.

It's totally simple though. What I advertised was that the first 500 copies were hand-numbered and in fact they were. I believe I was actually sent something like 534 copies though so the other x amount of copies weren't hand-numbered. If you have a better suggestion on how to handle an over/under thing after hype-stickers and promotions have started, I'd love to hear it. For realz.

Also, if you'd like to exchange your non-numbered copy for a numbered one, in theory I'll get some back on distro returns eventually.

Regardless of all of this, I appreciate your support! Sorry you were not pleased entirely with your purchase.

Super-limited screen-printed overrun covers /34

Kinda joking but you could do something special with the overrun like that. Maybe not entirely different covers but you could stamp it as overrun and number them as such.

As I said earlier in the thread I love the album and am happy to have it. I'm not sure what the answer is - I certainly don't begrudge you for selling the extra copies.

It seems silly (even to me), but I was dissapointed that my copy was not numbered. That being said, I'll be purchasing the next Dreamend album numbered or otherwise because I like the music.

Thanks for the reply and the offer of exchange. I'll stick with what I have though

Super-limited screen-printed overrun covers /34

Kinda joking but you could do something special with the overrun like that. Maybe not entirely different covers but you could stamp it as overrun and number them as such.

That's actually not a horrible idea. But then I'd feel bad because there would be a few folks that would buy both. Ha!

As I said earlier in the thread I love the album and am happy to have it. I'm not sure what the answer is - I certainly don't begrudge you for selling the extra copies.

It seems silly (even to me), but I was dissapointed that my copy was not numbered. That being said, I'll be purchasing the next Dreamend album numbered or otherwise because I like the music.

Thanks for the reply and the offer of exchange. I'll stick with what I have though

Right on mate.

Well let's make sure we get you a hand-numbered copy of the next one ;).

Thanks again for understanding!

Razorcake!!! Some of the most memorable mail-order experiences, small but great selection, personal notes & free good 7's and stickers & shit. 1.50 flat shipping.

No idea - Cheap, I live in FL and it's a wait, but worth it! They do alot of good things for many small labels and bands... I'd rather spend my money with them than interpunk anyway! Keep the network alive!

Dirtnap, Grave Mistake, Feral Ward, GC, ...all good for label direct, very reasonable, good communication.

I'm still waiting a month later on my Deranged order, but I heard Canada had a postal strike? The shipping is $8.00 on an LP.. Seems steep even for the import. What's the going rate?

Yes, Epitaph sucks at communication in epicly astonishing ways.

Fat however, has Helped me recover my damaged or missing shit several times over the years.

Oh, and if you don't understand the whole numbered cover deal.. You try coordinating a release split through 2 labels, both having different primary distributors. Overruns are a part of record pressing, labels have no choice, it's always a surprise.. Oh and then you owe them more money than you planed. But that's all about what's archived in the grooves. Yeah, it's a good feeling to be 1st to the party, but don't get your feellin's hurt when you don't get credit for it everytime.

Does anyone know the best way at contacting Virgil? Been waitin too long for my stuff. I know theres a massive thread on how he sucks but I was just wondering I theres any decent way of getting to him. Thanks!

O and as for good labels. Bear Distro, No Idea, Top Shelf, Robotic, Protagonist, and DW are some that come to mind.

Does anyone know the best way at contacting Virgil? Been waitin too long for my stuff. I know theres a massive thread on how he sucks but I was just wondering I theres any decent way of getting to him. Thanks!

O and as for good labels. Bear Distro, No Idea, Top Shelf, Robotic, Protagonist, and DW are some that come to mind.

Hes not hard to get ahold of. Google it and it will give you an email. Doesn't he give you tracking for every order?

Big Scary Monsters sucks... I bought a Bear Vs. Shark vinyl in early May and it never came, dude never responded to 3 e-mails. Had to open a case in Paypal.

Agreed. I ordered the Grown Ups 12" off him last year, took months to send it me, and he never responded to a single e-mail i sent. Even worse considering i live about an hours drive from where they are based.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?