Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Interpunk is next to impossible to get a hold of. they don't answer the phone or return phone calls and take forever to respond to emails. contact emails are also not the easiest thing to find on their site. today i finally got a response from them via email about a week after i initially e-mailled them, and the first thing they said was "sorry for the delay. we don't check our email every day." how can you expect to run an efficient online business when you don't check your email every day?

dude from youngblood records never sent my record (iron age). i waited a month before even responding to see if it was sent (out of curiosity). dude said he hadn't yet and was busy and it would get out in the next week. 2 months later it never arrived and he never responded to my email a week ago.. total bummer. i in good faith let the time lapse on paypal and now i'm out a few bucks and some cash. :( hopefully he finally responds and makes good on sending something sooo damn late. till then beware.

I've been impressed with MerchNow's customer support. They've always replied either same day or first thing next morning. My last two dealings with them were:

1. Accidentally sent me the wrong color of a Handguns LP I ordered. They had me ship it back then sent me out a new one and refunded me my postage.

2. I was like 90% I ordered the Comeback Kid - Turn It Around repress but I couldn't find a confirmation email anywhere. I emailed MerchNow and they pretty quickly responded that I had infact ordered it and they sent me my order number and all the other relevant information

Big Scary Monsters have been mentioned a few times on here for shitty service, one post was actually by me. But in the interest of balance the new Algernon Cadwallader 12" I pre-ordered from him arrived way before I expected, in good condition and without me having to complain. A first for everything I guess. I have freinds still waiting on t-shirts from a package deal they ordered last year though, they've given up hassling him. So I'm in no way giving BSM the all clear.

Good service recently from -

Southern Lord

A389 (always really good & informative if there is a delay)

Hemlock 13

Holy Terror Records

Prosthetic Records (amazingly fast when ordering to the UK)

Guest thedayfelloncedars

big scary monster is a joke. why would anyone support them? algernon and grown ups should be embarrassed to be associated with them. i hope i see the day they fail! as a matter of fact, they disgust me so bad, i am selling all my big scary pressings.

I have a question concerning Mylene Sheath.

I've only heard good things about them, and I've just made an order (for the upcoming Junius).

I'm trying to contact them regarding the payment of this order (I need to switch to paypal) but I can't get a hold of them.

I'm using [email protected] and I've already sent 2 emails in one week without any answers.

Any ideas about how to contact them?

Thanks!

I have a question concerning Mylene Sheath.

I've only heard good things about them, and I've just made an order (for the upcoming Junius).

I'm trying to contact them regarding the payment of this order (I need to switch to paypal) but I can't get a hold of them.

I'm using [email protected] and I've already sent 2 emails in one week without any answers.

Any ideas about how to contact them?

Thanks!

They do sometimes take a few days to respond to emails, but they will reply, rest assured.

The people at RevHQ are amazing! The same lady always working the phone is the nicest gal ever, quick shipping, great packing, and amazing prices, I love them!

Team Science, Hellfish, and Rise Records are bitter sweet. Shipping takes for ever, but the prices are good so I cant complain. Have yet to order from Victory, but I need to. Ive ordered from Merchnow, still waiting, but shipping seems to be a little much and taking awhile.

RevHQ is the best in my opinion.

Aural Exploits - I've ordered from them before but no problem occured.but now it seems that there are something fishy going on.I havent received my package from the order that I made in early August.To add that,they haven't reply any to my email and the website had not been updated for about some weeks now.Anyone here know what the hell is going on with them?.

Aural Exploits - I've ordered from them before but no problem occured.but now it seems that there are something fishy going on.I havent received my package from the order that I made in early August.To add that,they haven't reply any to my email and the website had not been updated for about some weeks now.Anyone here know what the hell is going on with them?.

Horrible: Music Fears Satan (France)

May I ask what happened? I've ordered plenty of times to Music Fears Satan and never had any problems. But all packages were sent to France in my case. I think the label owner (Nicolas) is quite cool and so is his shop in Paris.

I have done 2 orders from Music Fears Satan and both arrived without any problems what so ever.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?