Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Companies I've had above average experiences with:

Hot Topic

Just got off the phone with Hot Topic where they were incredibly friendly and helpful. Forgot to add a coupon code and they applied a refund for me, no questions asked. THEY ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF ME.

RevHQ

They pack their records insanely good. Extra cardboard on the corners, cardboard inserts, and peanuts if my order required a bigger box.

ShopRadioCast

Always reply promptly to inquiries and also pack pretty fucking well.

Robotic empire id say is the best as far as customer service and hand drawn doodle messages on receipts go

Diabolum templum sanus is a relatively new label releasing primarily blacker records. Real nice guy, responds to just about every email personally, except when shit goes missing. He tends to stop responding when things get too complicated. At least I got my vinyl...I think im going to go bug him again about my missing roadburn cd now that I type this..

The Best:

Interpunk (there's a reason I've been ordering from them for over 7 years)

Good:

Amazon

Barsuk Records

Academy Fight Song Records

Sinking Ship Records

Shop Radio Cast

Hot Topic

Suicide Squeeze Records

Epitaph

Crap:

Paper + Plastick (never send updates and if you contact them, they are incredibly rude)

Great places

Rise Above

They are quite expensive but are super quick and their packaging is great.

In Vinyl We Trust

great communication, quick shipping great packaging, stickers, posters awesome

Amazon

Every time I order from amazon its crazy quick shipping.

Bridge 9

Can be slow but usually pretty decent shipping. Has messed up quite a few of my orders but quickllllly resolves the issue whatever it is. Nice guys

Southern Lord

Great packaging, usually quick to ship plus stickers and free stuff

Questionable

Interpunk

They can be slow and unaware of whats in their inventory or rather whats not in their inventory causing your order to be put on back-order for sometimes weeks.

PopMarket

Great Bundles! Greatttt prices! Incredibly Slow shipping! Lot of stuff on back order with them too

BEST

Deathwish

quick shipping,stickers, posters, great packaging, great communication. Smooth transactions from them every single time i order.

BANDSTORES.CO.UK is an absolute joke and one of the worst I've ever seen!

I ordered the blue variant of Opeth's Heritage and got an orange one (with destroyed sleeves and gatefold).

After many complaints they guaranteed to re-send me the blue variant!

Now comes a mail that the blue variant is out of stock!

WHAT THE FUCK?? Seriously, this store is run by a bunch of dumb amateurs....NEVER EVER!

I made an order with ShopRadioCast on October 8 and still haven't got it yet. Sent them an email when it said that the order was "awaiting fulfillment". They said they were waiting on one of the records since their last copy was warped and that my order was expected to be shipped at the end of that week (when they thought they would be getting more of them in). I emailed them a week later because my order was "awaiting shipment". They told me that they had just received the record the day before and that my order would be shipped out that night. A week later, and they still didn't ship it. I emailed them about it again, and they said that they had just received a product and would be shipping out this weekend. However, they did not specify which product this was. So here I am, waiting, with my order still marked as "awaiting shipment". Hopefully they get it out to me this week.

I'm fairly new to buying vinyl, so the only other store I've ordered from is Interpunk. No complaints there, really.

I made an order with ShopRadioCast on October 8 and still haven't got it yet. Sent them an email when it said that the order was "awaiting fulfillment". They said they were waiting on one of the records since their last copy was warped and that my order was expected to be shipped at the end of that week (when they thought they would be getting more of them in). I emailed them a week later because my order was "awaiting shipment". They told me that they had just received the record the day before and that my order would be shipped out that night. A week later, and they still didn't ship it. I emailed them about it again, and they said that they had just received a product and would be shipping out this weekend. However, they did not specify which product this was. So here I am, waiting, with my order still marked as "awaiting shipment". Hopefully they get it out to me this week.

I'm fairly new to buying vinyl, so the only other store I've ordered from is Interpunk. No complaints there, really.

Yeah that's how shopradiocast operates. MOST other labels, distros aren't that pathetic. I hope you atleast got timely correspondence with them.

My last order from SRC took 2 1/2 months to be SENT out, despite being told numerous times everything was in stock and ready to be shipped. Order exclusives of bands you absolutely love from them, and nothing else

Awesome:

In Vinyl We Trust-Placed 5 or 6 orders so far and all have been shipped within 24 hours, packed well, and priced great.

Deathwish-Ordered the Kylesa/Victims split they re-pressed and got it in about 3 days.

HydraHead-Some people don't like them, but i've had good experiences throughout my experiences with them. Bought a copy of Jesu's s/t which was packed with two copies of the c/d side and they sent me out a copy of the a/b side at no cost.

Didn't feel I should start a thread about this so I thought this would be a suitable spot to ask my question. Has anyone ever ordered records from Best Buys website? If so, how did they package your records? I am picturing them being sent in huge boxes similar to how Amazon used to send all records. I have around $70 in gift cards that I have yet to use so I figured I'd order some records from them. Any help is appreciated.

Didn't feel I should start a thread about this so I thought this would be a suitable spot to ask my question. Has anyone ever ordered records from Best Buys website? If so, how did they package your records? I am picturing them being sent in huge boxes similar to how Amazon used to send all records. I have around $70 in gift cards that I have yet to use so I figured I'd order some records from them. Any help is appreciated.

I wanna say I remember someone posting in a thread on this board that they ordered from best buy and it was ruined in transit because they put it in a padded envelope with no cardboard or protection.

I wanna say I remember someone posting in a thread on this board that they ordered from best buy and it was ruined in transit because they put it in a padded envelope with no cardboard or protection.

Damn, that doesn't give me too much hope. Since they're a big company, I'm sure they'd give me a credit in the event that something happened due to poor packaging.

I had gift cards to Best Buy and got two records. If I remember correctly, it was shipped in a mailer within a big box, with bubble pads. Very similar to Amazon's packaging. I'd take the risk, I'd imagine their return policy is pretty solid.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?