mclz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think comparing this movie to waterworld is accurate.

Except that all the critics are jacking to this film like it's the lingerie section of the Sears catalogue. I wasn't sure what to think of this flick but the reviews do have my pretty intrigued. I'll be checking it out probably after Christmas.

I think that the main reason it's being over-hyped and making it seem like the second coming of Casablanca is b/c of James Cameron. Sure, he has done some amazing films in the past...but in the grand scheme of things, he's not a film auteur (sp?) who is herladed as THE best filmmaker of all time.

Don't get me wrong...I love some of the films he has done, especially Aliens...but c'mon...Avatar looks like Starship Troopers meets Fern Gully. This movie looks to be carried solely on its use of advanced CGI, which if the story/plot doesn't hold up, then the CGI alone can not save it.

If the movie bombed ala Waterworld you would hear more about it than you already do. Because there will be millions of articles and posts on how it could be better.

If it succeeds, it'll do well, and unless it's truly ground breaking then not too many people will continue to talk about it.

If it is OMFG AMAAAAAZING then you'll want to talk about it too.

Side note, I didn't even know that this movie was that hyped. I've seen a few commercials and I've heard about it a few times on the web, but I don't know anything about it. Well, until I read the wiki page a few minutes ago that is.

If a company has to spend millions to promote a movie, it probably sucks. I have a theory the more they have to waste on advertising it, the more it blows.

And judging by the review of this movie I would vomit during the last 40 minutes.

The Dark Knight had one of the slickest marketing campaigns of all time. I'm not sure how much they spent, a lot was word of mouth. But that was a solid flick.

you guys are nuts, james cameron! The bastards name is on some of the best Science Fiction/Action movies of the past 20 Years! Movie is going to own.

30 years is a little more appropriate

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000116/maindetails

...and I am incredibly stoked about this movie. I wanna see it this weekend if possible.

If a company has to spend millions to promote a movie, it probably sucks. I have a theory the more they have to waste on advertising it, the more it blows.

And judging by the review of this movie I would vomit during the last 40 minutes.

The Dark Knight had one of the slickest marketing campaigns of all time. I'm not sure how much they spent, a lot was word of mouth. But that was a solid flick.

Yeah but the Dark Knight wasn't based on "See a special 20 minute trailer of the Dark Knight after tonight's very special Fraiser reunion!" It was slick, it was smooth and well done, much like the movie. This advertising is over blown, in your face and annoying (much like I imagine this movie will be). I'd much rather read about some blogger getting a Batman cake with a phone inside it than see the same commercial 3,000 times in two days.

I'm sure I'll see this and it will be fun, but it does bum me out that, by it's nature, it will get more press (and possibly more awards) than more deserving films.

Yeah but the Dark Knight wasn't based on "See a special 20 minute trailer of the Dark Knight after tonight's very special Fraiser reunion!" It was slick, it was smooth and well done, much like the movie. This advertising is over blown, in your face and annoying (much like I imagine this movie will be). I'd much rather read about some blogger getting a Batman cake with a phone inside it than see the same commercial 3,000 times in two days.

I'm sure I'll see this and it will be fun, but it does bum me out that, by it's nature, it will get more press (and possibly more awards) than more deserving films.

Good points.

Like I said before, I don't really no much about this movie / the advertising. So I'm not a good judge.