Epitaph Store Tuesday (Turner, Trio, Descendents)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Generator is going to be repressed, but we have had a hard time finding the art films. The test presses were approved and are from the original parts, but the art films we're trying to locate. That record was done before digital graphics were so we REALLY want to use the original films before going through the process of re-creating everything. It should happen, though.

And regarding skips, this applies to two people from earlier. "So if you've had any negative shit happening related to Epitaph orders, please email me at karl at epitaph dot com. DO NOT MESSAGE ME here"

e-mail sent!

i'd be curious to know what kind of setup the people w/ skipping records have and if they've ever cleaned their stylus and/or the records that skip.

cleaning the record, stylus, and checking the skate and downforce settings on the tonearm might help...

i had almost all the alk3 colors and none of them skipped, none of the nofx skipped for me...but one of the bad religion lps did skip, but once i cleaned it it was perfectly fine. i have also opened new lps that had plenty of crap on them that i cleaned before playing. i def. clean all used lps before playing them.

anyway...might help some skipping problems to check those things...

This is great!

Will there be more repress of NOFX? (S&M Airlines or new repress of the ones that were repressed not too long ago?)

S&M Airlines has been repressed with all original parts on black & color. Saw it before the holiday. It's been a LONG time since this was pressed on vinyl.

Punk In Drublic was repressed on black and a new color.

I'm bad at secrets.

Love Ire & Song passed on its 2nd test press run so pre-ordering will be Tuesday and technical street Date is Feb 16th, but I'd expect it to ship sooner, more like end of the month. Poetry of the Deed is still being re-test pressed.

i'd be curious to know what kind of setup the people w/ skipping records have and if they've ever cleaned their stylus and/or the records that skip.

cleaning the record, stylus, and checking the skate and downforce settings on the tonearm might help...

i had almost all the alk3 colors and none of them skipped, none of the nofx skipped for me...but one of the bad religion lps did skip, but once i cleaned it it was perfectly fine. i have also opened new lps that had plenty of crap on them that i cleaned before playing. i def. clean all used lps before playing them.

anyway...might help some skipping problems to check those things...

I think it's a combination of a lot of things. Some of these records are kind of long, so the grooves are really tight together. Any variable of settings, needles, arm weight and so on can have different results because of compressed grooves. Most of these records were mastered when vinyl was an afterthought, so we've had to go back and re-test press the records to make sure they still sound up to standards (Descendents-Everything Sucks sounds fucking awesome).

It does me no good to have people with skipping records, and even if someone's a mongoloid who can't figure out a turntable and the record's fine or we sent you a warped, skipping piece of shit- we'll still try to fix the issue.

i'd be curious to know what kind of setup the people w/ skipping records have

I had some crappy old turntable/cd player/tape deck and Punk In Drublic and SLATFATS skipped a fair bit.

Now that I've upgraded to a Project Debut III, neither record skips at all.

My guess: it's the quality of the turntable.

This is great!

Will there be more repress of NOFX? (S&M Airlines or new repress of the ones that were repressed not too long ago?)

S&M Airlines has been repressed with all original parts on black & color. Saw it before the holiday. It's been a LONG time since this was pressed on vinyl.

Great news. S&M is the only LP I don't have...can't wait to see these!

This is great!

I'm bad at secrets.

Thanks for the reply! Any difference between the Punk In Drublic repress on Black from last year...and the new one??

What is this $5 Gift Card you speak of?

I think a few people got some in the mail if you purchased something from Epitaph recently. I've only purchased 2 Axe to Fall records from Epitaph in recent memory, and I got a card..

Super bummed i did not get one of these as i have gotten the Set Your Goals, Every Time I Die, New Found Glory records though Epitaph as well as the represses of most of the NOFX records and Offspring in recent months.

karl,

how relationship about epitaph and king road ?

i always order epitaph items via 'indy pop distribution' at here and the guys who runs indy pop can't reply me about an opportunity for order stuffs from king road merch since epitaph join king road.

i ever order some record from epitaph records because i don't know where to check vinyl info before until king road merch was born. it's great which epitaph records take care the vinyl collectors more than they ever.

please reply me, i will try to order epitaph records merch and vinyl via indy pop.

thanks in advance.

oh, your daughter in devilock look so peace....

:)