HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

Hey Travis, is there anywhere to put customer comments for HT? The sales reps around here are always awesome to me.

Not sure but Im guessing on here.

http://community.hottopic.com/contact/customer_service

Probably select either Compliment/Complaint or General Question/Feedback

I totally agree. I have never seen a national chain company handle customer service as professionally as HT. Call their customer service line, you'll be talking to a real person with a friendly demeanor within 60 seconds.

Try their customer service e-mail. You will never wait more than 24 hours for a response that is always helpful.

Mine came in a oversized box with no protection at all, no bubble wrap or brown paper.

Well they've probably sold more vinyl in the last week than they usually do in a couple months, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've just run out of packing material, haha. My first order of 3 records came in 2 lp mailers inside of a big box with brown paper and I was thinking, "damn, that's excessive, but I like it." I made another order, which I fully expect to arrive in nothing more than a grocery bag. The thing is, for less than five bucks each, I'll be happy as long as they're playable.

Placed an order Thursday afternoon (4 LPs, 1 10" and 2 7"s), delivered this morning! Paying media mail rates for 2 day FedEx is awesome. Everything packaged in mailers w/ front and back cardboard inserts, and enough brown paper to keep things from sliding around in the larger box. Never had a problem w/ an order from HT.

Is that version of The Black Parade the boxset version? http://www.mychemicalromance.com/product/black-parade-2-lp-vinyl

Damn, I bought the MCR - The Black Parade that was on the ht sale and got it today. It was NOT the box set version as it seems like from the price. I gambled that it was and got burned on it LoL! It is the regular double LP version but I still don't understand how it could POSSIBLY be priced at $59.98.

With the sale and shipping it came out to be $26 out of pocket which is about the full retail price of this album. Oh well.... I did score so much vinyl that's it's all good in the big scheme of things :)

To balance it off, I did buy John Coltrane - The Heavyweight Champion Rhino Vinyl Box Set for $120 from somewhere else so u win some, u lose some ;) Current prices are hovering around $450 and up.

asking again: Is that version of The Black Parade the boxset version? http://www.mychemicalromance.com/product/black-parade-2-lp-vinyl

Post a link to the one on the HT site and Ill check it out and let you know

EDIT: I found one Black Parade vinyl on there, it looks like its the same as the one on the MCR site but the one on HT is sold out now anyways

Follow up on this! I just received my comically oversized box. All the records are fine. But the MCR isn't the boxset version :( It's just a standard 2xLP that apparently retailed for $60. Crazy.

Post a link to the one on the HT site and Ill check it out and let you know

EDIT: I found one Black Parade vinyl on there, it looks like its the same as the one on the MCR site but the one on HT is sold out now anyways

Follow up on this! I just received my comically oversized box. All the records are fine. But the MCR isn't the boxset version :( It's just a standard 2xLP that apparently retailed for $60. Crazy.

$60 wtf. that is crazy