HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

did they happen to have another copy?!

They have them available online...my order was $16.70 shipped (w/tax...they have a $5 shipping option now though).

Edit: Here is the site...filter the results for vinyl and it should be there. There is less stuff now than there was a few hours ago.... :o

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Clearance/Music.jsp

i guess im too late cause i dont see it :/

anyone know if hot topic has gotten their jawbreaker - unfun lps yet? they are starting to sell out online so I'm wondering if I should risk waiting to get one at ht or just order one now

They are just now starting to get out to HT stores. Id say over the next week the stores that are getting them will have them.

• 4 weeks later...
These usually happen during a holiday weekend. So possibly Memorial Day weekend which is only a few weeks away
I can confirm this. A Hot Topic employee told me.

Is there anyone on the boards that lives in or around Fairfield California that can do me a huge favor? I've tracked a record I'm looking for to a Hot Topic in Fairfield but I need someone to pick it up and mail it to me...hopefully while it's on double clearance. PM me and I'll also watch the thread.

These usually happen during a holiday weekend. So possibly Memorial Day weekend which is only a few weeks away

Is there anyone on the boards that lives in or around Fairfield California that can do me a huge favor? I've tracked a record I'm looking for to a Hot Topic in Fairfield but I need someone to pick it up and mail it to me...hopefully while it's on double clearance. PM me and I'll also watch the thread.

Im not near Fairfield but what record?

Im not near Fairfield but what record?

Thrice's Alchemy box set

I would imagine that if they make any profit, it's slim. I think they carry vinyl to "up their street cred", but at the end of the day, when you can't sell Beastie Boys, Get Up Kids, and Sunny Day Real Estate LPs, you fail at selling vinyl.

Alright dude, you can think what ever you want. Im not going to argue with you.

travis i know you already proved your point but i am starting to think this martin fellow might have a point as well. 2 fridays ago i went in and bought the new circa survive, beastie boys' hello nasty, and the new four year strong, all on vinyl, and it seemed to be such a big deal to all the employees there. as if they had never sold a record before. the person ringin me up said "oh awesome man. vinyl. are you a dj man?" i had to tell him no, that i just owned a record player. another employee walking by said "oh sweet old school man. vinyl!" i immediately thought that they must never sell any vinyl ever.

Alright dude, you can think what ever you want. Im not going to argue with you.

travis i know you already proved your point but i am starting to think this martin fellow might have a point as well. 2 fridays ago i went in and bought the new circa survive, beastie boys' hello nasty, and the new four year strong, all on vinyl, and it seemed to be such a big deal to all the employees there. as if they had never sold a record before. the person ringin me up said "oh awesome man. vinyl. are you a dj man?" i had to tell him no, that i just owned a record player. another employee walking by said "oh sweet old school man. vinyl!" i immediately thought that they must never sell any vinyl ever.

Or they were giving you shit. :)

I dunno.. They move a ton of shit at my HT. I've already missed out on a bunch of stuff waitin for double clearance. :(

Plus, you have no idea how much HT are paying for their exclusive colors. It's probably REALLY cheap.

Either way, I'm glad they carry it. It's better than the pretentious dipshits at my local indie store.