HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

was in chicago earlier this week and picked up a couple things on clearance....

Isis - Wavering Radiant 2xLP (white/yellow swirl)

Between The Buried & Me - Alaska 2xLP (red)

Get Up Kids - 4 Minute Mile LP (pink)

Bayside - Shudder LP

Glassjaw - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang CD

not bad... figured the stores would have been really picked through being the chicago area and all, but was surprised

^^ Faith, that was fucking hilarious

travis mentioned there are some ppl on this board who either work at HT or know ppl who do...I'm one who works in the mall at american eagle and frequently visit HT, so I'll post here as soon as I find out when the next double clearance begins.

I was hoping it would be this weekend because today's the first day of spring, and damn good business is expected.

Went to Dulles, VA's HT a few hours ago..

As Tall As Lions "You Can't Take It With You" double LP clear $8

Thursday "Common Existence" double LP $8

Lucero "Nobody's Darlings" $6 (i think)

Modest Mouse "No One's First and You're Next" 180g $8 (2 of them -- one for me, one for my buddy)

I also bought two packs of pop rocks to make it to $40 because for HT+1 there's a coupon that says spend 40, get 10 dollars off....I'm fucking happy haha

i just wish the HT near my place would get some new records in. they only have about 3, and they've been there since August.

Talk to the employees...they can call another (nearby) store to see if they have specifically what you want. If so, they'll ship it to your store.

The store in my mall has the same crap, but because I've gotten on their good side, they'll get shit from other stores (hour or so away) for me haha

It's all about networking

picked up "broadway calls - be all that you can be" on clearance, and "andrew jackson jihad - can't maintain" at full price but definitely worth it.

sooo whens the clearance on clearance start? :P

no word on any upcoming double clearance promotions but I will definitely bump this thread when I hear anything.

^^ Faith, that was fucking hilarious

travis mentioned there are some ppl on this board who either work at HT or know ppl who do...I'm one who works in the mall at american eagle and frequently visit HT, so I'll post here as soon as I find out when the next double clearance begins.

I was hoping it would be this weekend because today's the first day of spring, and damn good business is expected.

I might work at HT.....

i just wish the HT near my place would get some new records in. they only have about 3, and they've been there since August.

Talk to the employees...they can call another (nearby) store to see if they have specifically what you want. If so, they'll ship it to your store.

The store in my mall has the same crap, but because I've gotten on their good side, they'll get shit from other stores (hour or so away) for me haha

It's all about networking

actually, they wont ship clearance. if you got them to do that, id like to come to dulles sometime with you! :P

yeah. just because they are in a bigger city, doesn't mean they will have vinyl. they have always told me it has to do with square footage. If they don't think the store is big enough they won't do music.

i dont think thats necessarily true my store @ fair oaks is SO FREAKIN TINY. like literally to get to the vinyl you gotta squeeze thru and get on the ground underneath one of those round racks that has hoodies on it.

Picked up the Silversun Pickups 2xLP...looking forward to double clearance. 8-)

did they happen to have another copy?!

They have them available online...my order was $16.70 shipped (w/tax...they have a $5 shipping option now though).

Edit: Here is the site...filter the results for vinyl and it should be there. There is less stuff now than there was a few hours ago.... :o

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Clearance/Music.jsp