+/- about your day

+++started my job yesterday, and despite overwhelming over-load, i love everything about it.

+++my father was offered a job today. he's been out of work since march '11. beyond the income, this is still a huge deal for my family. he's done just about nothing beyond watch the price is right, play mahjong and listen to boston sports radio in that time.

+++and now that there's a big change taking place, they want to sit down with the financial advisor i work for. i'm so happy they trust my company that much.

+++i'm a rather grateful person right now.

• 3 weeks later...

- One of my players was taken off the ice on a stretcher this afternoon.  She was skating up ice with the puck and the other player was sort of next to her, maybe half a step behind, and tried to lean into her.  She hit her slightly from behind and she spun face-first to the boards and hit at an awkward distance where when her knees hit the ice, her head and shoulders were about a foot and a half up the boards and she just crumpled to the ice.  She said she couldn't feel or move her legs.

+ Shortly after she could feel tingling, which is better than nothing, and by the time the ambulance took her away, she could lightly wiggle her toes.

+ I've personally been through this nearly-exact same thing and I'm confident she'll be ok, but it's scary.  Hopefully like me she was just jolted and shocked and everything will come back quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

+ got someone to agree to hold their copy of knapsacks 'this conversation', and sell it to me for $50 when i get my tax return.

+ that will complete my knapsack collection, except for that 5" split thing.

- my wife decided we should split up without giving me any reason except "i don't want to be in a relationship anymore".

+ i got a good cry out of it. haven't done that in a while.

no. i need to do the whole 'get a job, find a place' thing first.

i've been a stay at home dad for the last 18 months, so i don't really have any money of my own to just leave, also we only have the 1 car.

it's really disappointing tho. i left my family and friends and moved all the way out here just to be with her, and we've had 3 kids together.

it's a pretty selfish bullshit thing for her to do, but such is the life of a married american.

she cheated on me about 5 years ago, and has always treated me like shit, so i wasn't too surprised.

just sucks cos it's completely non consensual on my part. i love her to death and i'm in it for the long haul.

we were together for 10 years and we've only been married for about 15 months.