I started a record label

kylet

there was a label in Chicago about 7-8 years ago that signed bands based on purevolume play counts...needless to say, that label folded pretty quickly.

I'm sure they liked what they were putting out, but they were operating under the assumption that that if they did this the bands were going to blow up...and I can't even remember the labels name let alone any of the bands they did albums for.

Little League/LLR Recordings, I'm gonna guess?

LLR did collapse, but I forgot the reason. Probably because all their bands did get bigger (The Academy Is... and Gatsby's American Dream) or broke up so he just said fuck it instead of looking for new bands.

nope...it's on the tip of my tongue...i can't remember what they were called.

Action Heights Records!

I remembered they did a Faultlines CD and found it through google

I have an Action Heights comp from when the label existed. I think it had Between Home and Serenity, The Response, The Phoenix Rising and Threefold. I think it was a girl that ran the label and also booked shows at the KoC and worked at Victory Records.

I saw Faultlines a handful of times and I always liked them.

honestly dude you're a prime example of what is wrong with the music industry. You know.. good for MTS for putting out blink records... its cool to make a ton of money off a release like that... but honestly i'd wager its the dudes here with smaller labels that are the basis for local scenes that get the most love and respect.

honestly dude you're a prime example of what is wrong with the music industry. You know.. good for MTS for putting out blink records... its cool to make a ton of money off a release like that... but honestly i'd wager its the dudes here with smaller labels that are the basis for local scenes that get the most love and respect.

Dude. Forget about sustainability and respect! $80K in one year?! I wanna make bank, bro!!

dude didn't make $80k.

4000 records x $15 = $60K... and then you gotta minus out the mfr costs (gatefold jackets are mad expensive), no doubt a sizable licensing fee, royalties on the sales, etc. and then factor in the amount of time it takes to assemble, pack, and mail 4,000 records.

no doubt dude picked up a check, but it's not nearly as big as this kid would like to believe, and it was no doubt a shitload of bitchwork involved.

Once again, sorry I'm not in a shitty oi punk band. You keep doing your local scenes, and getting much love, and whatever else you want to do with your mid life crisis record labels. I'll focus on trying to be successful.

And thank you mediocre for contributing NOTHING to this argument besides making yourself look like an idiot who has nothing smart to say. Sorry I like to say funny shit, like broseph. I must be an idiot because of it.

I bet someone on here who is bitching me out owns the label that put out Sadville. LOL. I'd be willing to bet anything

Chillax duder! I'm in a dope-ass band too. We get 5,001 MySpace plays a day (our player's broken at the moment).

Fo' realz.

http://www.myspace.com/firetenlives666

Chillax duder! I'm in a dope-ass band too. We get 5,001 MySpace plays a day (our player's broken at the moment).

Fo' realz.

http://www.myspace.com/firetenlives666

This reminds me of when this board was good.

This thread is hilarious, btw. Just keep on clowning, itsajakie. All these haters are just jealous because their shitty oi punk bands (because oi is the only DIY genre, or something?) can't get instores at Hot Topic.

man, true that about shitty music being made by stupid people. also as a side note im taking an EMT class right now and being instructed by paramedics and this band really sullies their professional title.

last week some japanese blog posted the fuck out of this bands stuff...

heres the ep http://www.mirrorcreator.com/redirect/19NRZGRN/19

and heres the single http://www.mirrorcreator.com/redirect/0DSKKKUL/4

you should check those links to make sure they work, i dont wanna bother downloading this crap