So I'm DJing a high school dance for some reason

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all good ideas. I'm definitely planning on sneaking in some good music in there. Oh yeah, and this is a Christian high school. Which makes some of these song suggestions all the more hilarious.

Flicker, I'm definitely DLing that Duck Sauce EP right now.

Play that Christian Side Hug thing.

they played a limp bizkit song at my prom, and Offsprings pretty fly for a white guy.

Offspring played at the prom in Idle Hands.

Tell them you're gonna play something from Friday Night Lights, and play the whole movie soundtrack, not the tv one that they'll be expecting.

Oh, and don't forget some DC Talk and Audio Adrenaline. And Earth Angel, immediately followed by Johnny B. Goode.

• 2 weeks later...

[image]

Creeping through high-schoolers' facebook profiles for more pictures right now. This one was taken immediately after.

The dance went pretty well. I started out by announcing that I would go to great lengths to embarrass any couples I saw getting too grind-y. These are my sisters' friends, so I know most of them and would've loved to call them out over the PA, but no one got too freaky.

I mostly played songs from the list, although I did get to play a Justice/Ke$ha mashup I'd made. Also played Party in the USA, and at the "Jay Z song was on" line, transitioned perfectly into Empire State of Mind. Kids went nuts for it. Also, what is up with girls and Justin Bieber? I'm playing a Justin Bieber song, and a girl comes up and requests another Justin Bieber song! I played it later, and a different girl comes up and requests a different Bieber song! No cure for Bieber fever, I guess.

Lots of great requests: What Is Love (group of dudes proceed to act out the SNL skit), Bust A Move (breakdance battle breaks out), Thriller (turns out everyone at this school is super fucking good at reenacting Thriller). Four separate kids came up and requested "Freekaleek" by Petey Pablo. Apparently it's the senior class's "song". I'd never heard of this song, so I go online and check out the lyrics. I find this (Christian school, remember, plus both my parents were there):

I need to know a whole lot then to teachin' a broad, with my ding dong make her tongue tickin the bong.

Go on ahead so I dont have to do that far, I'm spoiled (and I don't like to work that hard).

I like to lay back, relax, and enjoy my time, and let your eyes roll back and my toes curl.

(I love when you do that girl) Until it comes time for me to have to give her hers.

Tell me what you want, do you want it missionary with your feet cramed into the head board?

Do you want it from the back with your face in the pillow so you can

yell it loud as you want to?

Do you want it on the floor? Do you want it on the chair?

Do you want it over here? Do you want it over there?

Do you want it in ya pussy? Do you want it in ya ass?

I'll give you anything you can handle!

So I had to disappoint a lot of people. Ended with Ke$ha's Your Love is My Drug leading into Don't Stop Believing. Everyone goes nuts again. Kid who has to be in 9th grade comes up at the end and asks if I have any dubstep. I yell at him for not finding me an hour earlier.

The chaperones charged a $2 cover, came out way ahead, and gave me fifty bucks. The end.

I did indeed play the one and only cha cha slide. I don't know why nobody is facing each other though. It may have been between songs. I don't know, not my picture.

The dance was at my dad's warehouse. He owns Park Tool Company, and they had enough space for a dance floor, so he let them use the space.