Gathering of the Juggalos infomercial

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe my girlfriend and I watched that entire video. It is fucking hilarious.

The one thing I will say about this though is that it's really cool there are no corporate sponsors The obvious joke is they couldn't get any but let's face it I'm sure they could. I looked into the ticket and it's only $150, which if you were a Juggalo might be a lot of money. But considering this is a 4 day festival with no corporate sponsorship that's really cheap. Also considering some of those groups (for instance Method Man and Redman) probably aren't cheap.

Here's a list of this years bonnaroo sponsors http://www.bonnaroo.com/Partners.aspx ford, budwiser, cannon, garnier fructis etc. considering that is a hippie festival and they have some massive sponsors.

However I'd rather spend 4 days in intensive care then go to this show.

1. Does Faygo count as a corporate sponsor?

2. Why do people still consider Bonnaroo to be a "hippie festival"? Have you all paid attention to the line up for the last 4 years?

I feel like my point was kind of missed.

Bonnaroo, I would still consider a hippie festival in spite of (or perhaps because of even) the varied lineup. Depending on your definition of the term hippie. I personally don't think that a hippie festival has to be just jam bands playing for hours on end. It has to do with the politics of the show. Bonnaroo definitely comes off as a hippie festival to me (I was there in 2006 and yes there was a great lineup). They do encourage being more environmentally conscious as well as a general kind of a feeling of peace and love. I was also offered any drug I've ever heard of. Granted it's not burning man but still I consider it at least somewhat of a hippie festival.

I recall Bonnaroo tickets being around $250 each and I'm pretty sure it holds 80,000 people and sold out the year I went. That's $20,000,000 which is quite a lot of money. Granted something on the scale of bonnaroo has a lot more going on and therefore has a lot more overhead costs but even so.

My point was I feel like they could either, charge a lot more for this Juggalo gathering or have corporate sponsors or both. I'm sure a lot of those acts charge a decent amount and 1.5 million really isn't that much as I'm sure there is a fair amount of overheads for this as well. I am sure that the bands and organizers and anyone involved do walk off with an ok amount of money though.

ICP sucks, but I admire their moxie.

They're more "DIY" than nearly anybody who wears the term like a punk-rock merit badge, their treatment of their fans is top-notch, and as I've posted before, everyone I've ever known has had nothing but good things to say about them in a professional capacity.

They suck, and their entire culture is fucking awful, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

ICP sucks, but I admire their moxie.

They're more "DIY" than nearly anybody who wears the term like a punk-rock merit badge, their treatment of their fans is top-notch, and as I've posted before, everyone I've ever known has had nothing but good things to say about them in a professional capacity.

They suck, and their entire culture is fucking awful, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Backed 100%. For a while I worked at Tower Records and the skinny one came in to do their CDs on consignment on a VERY regular basis. Excellent guy to deal with, always very gracious with the fans and stores like us, who would pretty much consign anything. Class act, those two.

But their music does leave you desiring physical pain, both for them and your eardrums.

• 9 months later...

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':n3cgwcah]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':n3cgwcah]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I once had a gf, we were together for 3 years. She did the whole thing where she goes off to college and wants to fuck anything that movies so she broke up with me. A few months after we broke up she came to my work and asked to speak with me. Our conversation went like this:

Her: Hey I wanted to be the one to tell you this so you didn't hear any rumors.

Me: Okay

Her: I'm seeing someone.

Me: Okay that's fine why are you telling me?

Her: Well the guy I'm seeing.........

Me: Yeah? Do I know him?

Her: No, it's just that.....

Me: What?

Her: He's a....... Juggalo

Me: WHAT?! Are you fucking kidding me? A Juggalo?

Her: Yeah but he's really nice!

Me: Have you listened to ICP?

Her: Yeah he played me some of their songs.... it's..... not that bad.

Me: It's fucking garbage!

Her: Don't get upset.

Me: I can't believe this. I showed you awesome bands like Glassjaw and Shai Hulud. And you're dating a fucking juggalo?

Her: ........

Me: Does he have one of those tattoos? Of the logo?

Her: It's called a "Hatchetman."

Me: Oh my god he has one and you know the name.

Her: Yeah I might get one.

Me: I'm fuckin outta here.

True story. Few months later I randomly checked her myspace page and under music it said, ICP, Twiztid, Glassjaw. Still makes me laugh to this day.

That was the point that I realized just how important music was to me that she came to me like that.

I would genuinely go to this. It seems like something I really need to see in my life. I can't explain it...I just...need to.

I think it would be a blast with a bunch of you assholes to lol with.

So if we all get a roadtrip going, come pick me up because I FUCKING LOVE TECHN9NE

There are no cures for the diseases you would get (herpes).