your experiences with RUN FOR COVER

Everyone that backs him always follows with a caveat like "well, I get my orders, they're just always late", or "great records, but he never sends them on time and never responds to my emails".  If another label was doing the same thing, and one of it's owners didn't post in here, would you have the same positive comments?

Everyone that backs him always follows with a caveat like "well, I get my orders, they're just always late", or "great records, but he never sends them on time and never responds to my emails".  If another label was doing the same thing, and one of it's owners didn't post in here, would you have the same positive comments?

Whaa? No exaggeration we've been shipping hundreds of orders a day for the last month or two. We have very few people waiting on non pre-ordered items right now. Like a really small amount. Doesn't mean I am not backed up with email though.

Just FYI, this thread was started two years ago when the label was run out of my bedroom by just me. We now have 6 employees and 2 interns, 4 of which are doing mailorder in the other room right now, as well as every other day. So yeah...things have improved a lot, and will continue to do so.

Whaa? No exaggeration we've been shipping hundreds of orders a day for the last month or two. We have very few people waiting on non pre-ordered items right now. Like a really small amount. Doesn't mean I am not backed up with email though.

completely unrelated note. I just learned that you went to school with my friend michelle DeVincentis... pshhhh private schools. =)

Just FYI, this thread was started two years ago when the label was run out of my bedroom by just me. We now have 6 employees and 2 interns, 4 of which are doing mailorder in the other room right now, as well as every other day. So yeah...things have improved a lot, and will continue to do so.

Tell one of them to send me the other 2/3rds of my huge deluxe order :)

why do people complain if their records are late? jesus christ. unless i'm buying a gift for someone, i just wait it the fuck out. a lot of people who run these labels and distros are people with lives and other jobs and schoolwork. if your record shows up a week late, so what? half the people on these boards don't even spin vinyl anyway, they just collect it. bleh.

why do people complain if their records are late? jesus christ. unless i'm buying a gift for someone, i just wait it the fuck out. a lot of people who run these labels and distros are people with lives and other jobs and schoolwork. if your record shows up a week late, so what? half the people on these boards don't even spin vinyl anyway, they just collect it. bleh.

Tell us how you really feel.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't think accepting things being late is okay for us to do, but on the other hand things can be a lot more complicated than just ordering the vinyl further ahead of time or something like that. Everything came in on time for the latest Basement LP, but we sold 2,300 LPs and a ton of CDs in a few weeks,which was completely unexpected and very hard to deal with, and that was just one of a handful of releases that came out that month.