rally to restore sanity

this was fucking awesome. we parked at the 2nd to last stop on the orange line near vienna, rode that in at 8 AM with the two chairs we bought at CVS the night before, sat down by the 2nd screen from the front and it was fucking solid. loud as fuck, too. after we went and ate at the Native American Museum right next to us for some awesoem pulled buffalo, and then walked all around the mall area. when we left the area around 6:30, well, it took forever and the train was packed like sardines. got a massive headache once we hit the road and ended up getting a hotel outisde of fredrick, MD. lost service on our phones from around 11 AM and didnt get cellphone service until this morning when we woke up. estimates of 150,000 - 200,000 people, though one NY Times writer went with Stewarts "10 million" in an article.

[image]

"Native American Museum right next to us for some awesoem pulled buffalo"

It's a little known fact that most of the Smithsonian museums have really, really good restaurants in them. The NAM is extremely impressive, too bad none of my relatives show interest in visiting it when they come into town.

It's a little known fact that most of the Smithsonian museums have really, really good restaurants in them. The NAM is extremely impressive, too bad none of my relatives show interest in visiting it when they come into town.

yeah, last time we were in DC we went to that museum because an artist i worked for at the time was apart of an exhibit performance, and we ate there and it was so so good that we had to go back

yeah, last time we were in DC we went to that museum because an artist i worked for at the time was apart of an exhibit performance, and we ate there and it was so so good that we had to go back

Damn I live only 90 minutes from DC and I've been craving for some history and bbq (I have yet to devour pulled buffalo)! I am one of the people who had no idea/do not remember the museums have 'really, really good' restaurants haha

Next time I go to a DC music venue, I'll try to get off work for that day so I can become more acquainted with the museums since I haven't been to tour them in years.

i was there, it was pretty fun. getting there and back was nuts, and i pretty much couldn't see the stage at all but it was good.

i'm glad it was "at least comparable" to beck's rally, according to the sage folks over at fox news.

They are estimating close to 250,000 went to rally to restore sanity while Glenn Beck's pulled in less than 100,000. More than double wouldn't even be comparable lol

i had some friends in town from nj and all in all it was a fun day. we ended up partying too late the night before and didn't leave my place until like 11:15, dumb move. the metro/buses were a mess by then, ended up having to walk 3 miles down to the mall. clearly the organizers did not anticipate the numbers that showed up. didnt get anywhere near the stage to hear anything, but did see some fantastic tree climbing and sign making.

this was at least 6 blocks north of the mall

[image]

What was this rally supposed to accomplish?

Three hours of reasonable behavior? I felt pretty reasonable while watching it on TV. I don't know if I would have felt reasonable trying to get into the city that day though. I think half of my Office went to it and we're all federal attorneys. Bureaucrats like reasonableness.

What was this rally supposed to accomplish?

Three hours of reasonable behavior? I felt pretty reasonable while watching it on TV. I don't know if I would have felt reasonable trying to get into the city that day though. I think half of my Office went to it and we're all federal attorneys. Bureaucrats like reasonableness.

Group reasonableness? Again, what was this rally supposed to accomplish?

I fail to see what ground was gained asides from publicity for the two hosts.

Is it really that complicated?

Political rallies (for example, Glenn Beck's) tend to attract the fringe. The media then reports on the fringe because they scream the loudest. Then politicians can say things like, "the people want less government! 100,000 people showed up saying Obama is Hitler!"

The point of this rally was that reasonable people who don't normally go to manufactured events like this outnumber the nutjobs, and should be listened to as well.