Totally OFFICIAL LOST thread *spoiler alert!*

Read this:

http://geeksofdoom.com/2010/05/24/did-you-hate-the-lost-finale-read-this-may-you-discover-enlightenment/

Great article. There's also some stuff in there from one of the writers (not 100% if it is or not though).

Apparently J.J. had the closing shot down since the beginning and w/ Jack saying that on Kimmel I guess it's true.

Read this:

http://geeksofdoom.com/2010/05/24/did-you-hate-the-lost-finale-read-this-may-you-discover-enlightenment/

Great article. There's also some stuff in there from one of the writers (not 100% if it is or not though).

Apparently J.J. had the closing shot down since the beginning and w/ Jack saying that on Kimmel I guess it's true.

i understand the ending, i just think it was haphazardly put together. i think that ben wasn't able to go into the church not because he has to awaken the other dharmas, but because he feels like he doesn't deserve to. remember when miles walks over the place where ben let alex die, and bens reaction? that is when he realized he was guilty of sins that not even heaven could rectify, or that even deserved to be reconciled. it would be interesting to see how ben approaches alex and rousseau in the future future world after gaining the knowledge that he caused them so much turmoil. also, i wonder what ben and hurley's time on the island was like and how they died in reality.

jacob and jack were immortal, and jack turned hurley immortal before he lost his indestructibility. if this is the case, how did hurley not know right away (in the FSF), like desmond, that the flash way super forward was not real?

also, can someone explain how desmond was able to pass through the two realities, and how he even knew?

I'm into it. Kinda stunned that it's all over. Still a lot to process. Rewatching the series is going to be so interesting now.

i think that if you re-watch it you will see that the writers really had no idea what they were going to do with the show until halfway through the 6th season.

I disagree. I've watched all the seasons execept 5 and 6 multiple times. I think overall it flows well and makes sense. It may not have been what people wanted it to be but it is what it is. It's obviously not a full explenation of the Island or it's mythology but Lost is about a specific group of characters and their interactions with the island. It's not about the islands history which is why not all the extra lingering questions were answered. I think it's amazing.

i think that if you re-watch it you will see that the writers really had no idea what they were going to do with the show until halfway through the 6th season.

I disagree. I've watched all the seasons execept 5 and 6 multiple times. I think overall it flows well and makes sense. It may not have been what people wanted it to be but it is what it is. It's obviously not a full explenation of the Island or it's mythology but Lost is about a specific group of characters and their interactions with the island. It's not about the islands history which is why not all the extra lingering questions were answered. I think it's amazing.

i know that is what it's about. but it's a cop-out answer for a show as complex as lost. it's like saying that star trek is about a group of characters and their interactions in space. or that star wars is ultimately about a kid with daddy issues. simplifying a story with such complexities down to a ten-word explanation is exactly what the writers did, and they did NOT do the story of the tv show justice.

my favorite episode is probably through the looking glass!

i know that is what it's about. but it's a cop-out answer for a show as complex as lost. it's like saying that star trek is about a group of characters and their interactions in space. or that star wars is ultimately about a kid with daddy issues. simplifying a story with such complexities down to a ten-word explanation is exactly what the writers did, and they did NOT do the story of the tv show justice.

what would have been a better ending? i.e. what would have made the end more satisfying for you?

personally, i think it wouldn't have been true to the show to have revealed all the answers people wanted about the island, etc. things are what they are. the island was there...because it was there. why does it need more explanation than that? you don't dislike star wars because you're never given an explanation of what the force is. well, maybe some people do.

what would have been a better ending? i.e. what would have made the end more satisfying for you?

personally, i think it wouldn't have been true to the show to have revealed all the answers people wanted about the island, etc. things are what they are. the island was there...because it was there. why does it need more explanation than that? you don't dislike star wars because you're never given an explanation of what the force is. well, maybe some people do.

i just think that saying that 'the island was there because it was there' is a cop-out answer, especially for a show that presented us with the dharma intiative, two dudes who are immortal and allison janney in sandals. i don't know how i would have preferred the ending.

I'm also super-duper bummed that KATE, of all fucking characters, killed the Man In Black. And with something as clumsy as a gun! What did her character have to gain from killing him? Why couldn't it have been Hurley in a moment of bravery (which would then convince Jack that he is the new island guardian), or Ben earning his final redemption and tackling the MIB off the cliff or something?

In conclusion, fuck Kate.

Fuck Kate. I fucking wish!

Actually, if you go back and re-watch the episode Kate did shoot him with that rifle but he didn't die from it. It was only until Jack kicked Flocke's sorry ass off the cliff that he died once he hit the rocks below.

what is everyones favorite episode?

Mine is easily "The Constant" from season 4 where Desmond is jumping back and forth in time and finally talks to Penny on the boat. I love that episode so much.

Greatest Hits.

When Charlie sacrifices himself at the end of the episode I can't help but cry like a little baby. It gets me every time.

I'm also super-duper bummed that KATE, of all fucking characters, killed the Man In Black. And with something as clumsy as a gun! What did her character have to gain from killing him? Why couldn't it have been Hurley in a moment of bravery (which would then convince Jack that he is the new island guardian), or Ben earning his final redemption and tackling the MIB off the cliff or something?

In conclusion, fuck Kate.

Fuck Kate. I fucking wish!

Actually, if you go back and re-watch the episode Kate did shoot him with that rifle but he didn't die from it. It was only until Jack kicked Flocke's sorry ass off the cliff that he died once he hit the rocks below.

Still, what was the point of having her, of all the remaining characters, shoot Flocke? There was none!