shitty virgil situation

podface

Guest errolwest
who the fuck was comparing them to money? you do release the word gift is in the name right? you'd have to be a schmuck to give cash as a present, hence the gift card.

sooo because it has the word "gift" in the name, it makes it a gift, right?

gift cards are the ultimate in half-assery.

its like, "oh hey, you like clothing, right?? heres a gift card to the gap, hope you like it!"

in short, i hate the gap, and gift cards.

I compared them to money.

I said they were stupid in general. You said they weren't.

Then I used money as an example of something you could give as opposed to a giftcard that I feel is much more practical.

It is my opinion that an object(giftcard) that functions in a similar, but extremely limited way to an existing object(money) is stupid.

Are you insinuating that giftcards are thoughtful gifts?

Guest errolwest
more thoughtful than money........

yeah... try buying blow or prostitutes with a gift card. ;D

you mean, coke dealers in america DONT offer gift cards?

oof. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

themean is the voice of reason here.

my, how the tables have turned

You mean to tell me you wouldn't want to eat $200 worth of ketchup? It sounds like my fantasy episode of Man Vs. Food.

big surprise.

who the fuck was comparing them to money? you do release the word gift is in the name right? you'd have to be a schmuck to give cash as a present, hence the gift card.

sooo because it has the word "gift" in the name, it makes it a gift, right?

gift cards are the ultimate in half-assery.

its like, "oh hey, you like clothing, right?? heres a gift card to the gap, hope you like it!"

in short, i hate the gap, and gift cards.

The sarcasm is soaring overhead like a fucking hot air balloon.

How would you feel if someone ELSE owned VC? Just the board, not the label or whatver?

Would you be:

1.) more excited to post here

2.) less excited to post here?

1.5) I'd have the same level of excitement.

If someone else owned the label I'd be more excited. Maybe we'd get a few more UTI and VCCOOP releases.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on a Suicide Machines 2xLP that was backordered many, many months ago. Whatever, that's nothing compared to $200. Sorry dude, hope everything gets worked out.

Yeah, I'm "waiting" on a Nothington LP I ordered more than a year ago, that was backordered all the time. Again, a drip in the bucket compared to Captain $200, but it's really about the principle/not having this dude sell a copy on Limited Pressing when I'm owed one. I continued to send emails that get ignored.

Let's go back to gift cards: they are extremely stupid and lazy and only half-a notch above cash on the thoughtful scale.

Not only that, it's guaranteeing that the store gets your money, which it can then invest for itself accrue interest on, while you sit and twiddle your thumbs because you have $250 to a store with a narrow selection. Instead, you could hold cash and benefit from it yourself. If you're worried about someone paying their bill with your Christmas cash, first- who gives a shit, your present was that person's cell-phone bill that month, and second- if tell them you'll buy them whatever they want from the Gap and only Gap when they figure out what they want. Take them on a shopping trip and buy the stuff for them, and that way you get to actually spend time with the person too!

Or you could give stores money for store money and hope your gift receiver uses it before the store closes, limit that person's choice of retailer, and still be as thoughtless as getting them cash.