PO: CIRCA SURVIVE Blue Sky Noise Deluxe 2xLP

I know, man. That's what kills me about BSN. Its like a 100% departure from everything that made them stand out. Their dual guitar dynamic was unlike anyone else's and now they just use them like your standard rock lead and rhythm where before they blended together in a dual lead style that, at least to me, defied convention. Its not like its a terrible album. Its just a disappointing direction given their potential.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'll buy it

This, but with an even greater emphasis on the meh. $30 isn't that much more than a few of the double-LP, 180-gram records I've purchased as of late. (TDAG and BMYL immediately come to mind.) But on the other hand... a third-of-a-hundred bucks for an album I already own is a little iffy. I think it'll really boil down to the packaging, like Travis stated. I'd love to see some sort of hard-covered, deluxe gatefold with spot-gloss liner notes. A dude can dream.

The EP and bonus tracks come as the download, I dont think they are on the vinyl

That's so confusing, I don't see why'd they do that.

I don't know if I'll pick this up or not... I was really hoping it would have the Appendage tracks on it to justify a purchase since I already have BSN on LP.

I REALLY hope Appendage gets pressed eventually. I love that set of tracks.

Greetings,

We've got one last thing under our sleeve for 2010. Starting today a preorder will begin for the Deluxe version of Blue Sky Noise on vinyl.

We're very excited for this LP, and we were lucky enough to get yet another amazing piece of artwork from Esao Andrews (below). The Deluxe version has 2 pieces of 180-gram black vinyl. We also included a download card for Blue Sky Noise and Appendage EP. To pre-order a copy click here. They will be available January 25, 2011.

We hope you guys love this as much as we do. Thank you for a great year!

Happy Holidays,

Circa Survive

where?

Nice I like that new art. Might have to pick up a copy of this myself.

Last I heard there were no bonus or EP tracks on the vinyl, just with the download.

Im thinking the EP might just get pressed on its own at some point. I have no inside info about this, just kinda figure thats how its gonna happen.

Greetings,

We've got one last thing under our sleeve for 2010. Starting today a preorder will begin for the Deluxe version of Blue Sky Noise on vinyl.

We're very excited for this LP, and we were lucky enough to get yet another amazing piece of artwork from Esao Andrews (below). The Deluxe version has 2 pieces of 180-gram black vinyl. We also included a download card for Blue Sky Noise and Appendage EP. To pre-order a copy click here. They will be available January 25, 2011.

We hope you guys love this as much as we do. Thank you for a great year!

Happy Holidays,

Circa Survive

where?

This is what threw me: http://store.circasurvive.com/2010/12/21/blue-sky-noise-vinyl-deluxe-2x-lp-pre-order/

The Deluxe LP photo with the track listing broken up like that made me think the second record contained the EP. Clearly I'm wrong, but you can see why that's confusing can't you? Especially since a lot of people thought the same thing.

Either way I bought it. Good record, good band, alternate artwork, black vinyl. What more can you ask?