VC is Now Operated By Shop Radio Cast, Mightier Th

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I want to talk shit about Virgil, I should be able to.

While I agree, that's what I dislike most about the "new board". I was kind of on board with the TVC that first night after thinking about it, but then the sports threads began getting stickied, and I realized it was the exact same message board. Seems like there's more bitching and signatures about Virgil over there than there are over here, whereas I had thought the whole idea was to just get away from it altogether. Not to mention the exact same threads, stickies, NAME, etc...

I like people on both boards, but now it seems like the division isn't all that necessary. By removing himself and VC from the equation, Virgil essentially deleted the message board while keeping the community intact. Seems like everybody wins (except co-op members).

I agree with this 100 percent. The other board just became a clone of this one and had a few people who had been banned. Now with the bans lifted I don't really see a reason for the other board.

Well hopefully things can get back on track. Even though I paid for Under the influence (the second half), which was 50 bucks, I've kept quiet about it. I understood that labels were owed much more. I just hope things work out for the labels who are owed, and all parties involved see good thing happen.

Isn't shop radio cast the ONE THAT SELLS RECORDS THEY DON'T HAVE YET?!

Really not trying to split hairs, start shit, etc....but imo Interpunk was always way worse with this. Remember the Falcon Fiasco? They just put it up and it wasn't even in the works yet. I mean that's kinda shitty, more so that a place that is selling records they don't physically have yet.

If there is one place I hope this board doesn't go, is a shit ton of sections. I like it simple. I don't have to click in 20 different sections to find shit. Keep it simple. If you want to add sections for SRC related shit or MTS stuff, that's fine. But I really hope this doesn't turn into super organized forum place with a section for sports, a section for 7", a section for LPzzz. Just my two cents. Otherwise, I'm down to party here. I'll bail if it gets stupid though...

theres nothing that says you cant go to that board. personally, i think i would have preferred the complete demise of this board and having the other one grow. at least that way, it wouldnt be owned by any business in particular.

I agree pretty much with that. Although I certainly have tons of respect for both companies involved, and it wouldn't be anything personal at all. But it is kind of nice at the new board, having absolute democracy free from any possible financial interest's.

Again, that's meant with absolutely no disrespect to the new owners.

theres nothing that says you cant go to that board. personally, i think i would have preferred the complete demise of this board and having the other one grow. at least that way, it wouldnt be owned by any business in particular.

I pretty much with that. Although I certainly have tons of respect for both companies involved, and it wouldn't be anything personal at all. But it is kind of nice at the new board, having absolute democracy free from any possible financial interest's.

Exactly.

New board = hardcore circa '81

Old board = hot topic core circa '10

:P

I pretty much with that. Although I certainly have tons of respect for both companies involved, and it wouldn't be anything personal at all. But it is kind of nice at the new board, having absolute democracy free from any possible financial interest's.

Exactly.

New board = hardcore circa '81

Old board = hot topic core circa '10

:P

There ya go!

[image]