VC Logo Round 2

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say, from a designer perspective, is that some people have no respect for typography.

totally agree.

#6 really. a good illustration doesn't necessarily mean a good design. it's just someone with good illustration skills but no tact. though i'd die for some illustration skills. nonetheless. its not that great of a logo.

#3's logo is simple, but the typeface can use a makeover. bad, but that logo is awesome in and of itself with no wordage whatsoever. or with a different type face and it would totally work.

#9 font is not great either. but the logo is dead on and the color can use some work so it stands out amongst its background and not blend into it like this logo does. i'm totally into the little needle with the groves trailing off.

#1 of the last group was a keeper if i must say. it worked.

just my .02

Not to be a dick, but...I like the VC logo just the way it is. I'll never forget the first time I got a record from VC. I pulled the LP mailer out of my mail locker, and there was that logo on the postage.

[image]

That's still what I think of when I see it. It grew to be a symbol of a vinyl website that I trusted and loved stopping by to find out about/purchase new releases. Even with everything that's gone down, I don't harbor and ill-will against the logo. It's a good logo. I know you're trying to reinvent VC and make it better, but the only thing that I could really get behind would be maybe an update of the existing logo. Probably not a whole new logo and definitely none of these.