Graveface Record Club

deafmx

By my math my next RC VIP package will have at least 14 records in it (6 diff Sway colors, the Night Schools, the recent Archive represses (to go with my OGs) and the Marshmallow Ghosts a shirt and Bonar CD)
I'm wondering if this is all going to fit in one box!!!
...also, is it just me, or is it weird to see a Graveface-related picture with that much natural sunlight?!

By my math my next RC VIP package will have at least 14 records in it (6 diff Sway colors, the Night Schools, the recent Archive represses (to go with my OGs) and the Marshmallow Ghosts a shirt and Bonar CD)

I'm wondering if this is all going to fit in one box!!!

...also, is it just me, or is it weird to see a Graveface-related picture with that much natural sunlight?!

My first GF package had 20 records in it, the box was huge and the extras were abundant!! It was the greatest package I've ever received, you're going to love it.

My first GF package had 20 records in it, the box was huge and the extras were abundant!! It was the greatest package I've ever received, you're going to love it.

Oh, I have no doubt I'll love it... this will be about my 30th package I think?

Been in the club since day one, but this will be by far the biggest single shipment I've gotten.

I think I'll be getting

Haley Bonar - Last War (retail and RC)

Whirr - Sway (retail)

Marshmallow Ghosts (retail and RC)

Whirr - Pipe Dreams Redux (retail and RC)

Night School 7" (retail and RC)

So 5 LPs, 4 7", a CD, a tape, and a shirt.

Man, I'm super excited to get this package.

So with the record club you get every damn variant of a release? Holy hell, that's beefy.

The regular Record Club gets every format it's released on, so with Sway, you got the hand poured vinyl, a CD, and a cassette. If you add the VIP, which as of now is $65 extra, you also get the retail vinyl variant for each release.

*Update*

1. If you got the email Nov. 21 about renewing your membership now before next year's rates go up from the current $135, I found out -from email with Olivia asking for the PP address to renew - that RG has decided to increase the rates early as of mid December. (I did not see a FB announcement, etc. )

I'm not going to quote the amount here, as I don't if it was meant to be public knowledge.  It's likely to go up again to the new realistic market rate after the 1st of the year.

2. If you got the email asking you if you wanted Green or Charcoal GF club T shirts - IT DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU (ME) IF YOU (ME) IF YOU ALREADY GOT A CLUB T-SHIRT FOR THIS YEAR / MEMBERSHIP.  So, if you put in an order for one, like I did, you ain't getting one - **unless, of course, you go ahead and renew your membership. Then, you may receive the Green or Charcoal T shirt.  If you have never have received a GF club T shirt, this is the one you're getting. That was not stated in the email, and not sure why it went out to everyone without this information.

My membership is 5 releases in, usually renews in March / April.  I like what's planned for the next 5, but not sure it's worth the new early rate, not knowing what is planned after these.  Sounds like it is going to be a challenge to service the club with all the other pans in the fire they have going and vinyl lag times affecting the whole industry.

I know it's not their fault at all, but I'm not sure if I'll be renewing after this round of releases. I joined in August and haven't gotten a package yet so that kind of stinks, and I don't really see delays not being an issue for future releases. It must be hard to keep up with all of the hand-pours and special variants since they release a new album or 7" every month it seems. Come the first week of January, it will have been five months since I joined.

I know it's not their fault at all, but I'm not sure if I'll be renewing after this round of releases. I joined in August and haven't gotten a package yet so that kind of stinks, and I don't really see delays not being an issue for future releases. It must be hard to keep up with all of the hand-pours and special variants since they release a new album or 7" every month it seems. Come the first week of January, it will have been five months since I joined.

First of all I think that we can all agree that you have had shit luck up to now, and I am pretty confident that it won't stay that way.

I just wanted to share my thoughts on your reasoning:

If not for the archival series represses, 2014 only had 4 releases up to the ones we are waiting on, namely Casket Girls, Creepoid, Haley Bonar and Whirr - Sway. Seeing how GF tends to group some releases together, you are only looking at 2-3 packages for that year. So waiting a few months for the first (next) one is not that out of the ordinary, but part of the record club in itself. There are years with more new releases, and years with less.

I agree that the hand-pour part has made the wait a bit longer, but isn't the hand-pour also part of the excitement of the record club? And you know that the delay has only been because Daniel got into an accident, right? So again, this has only been a series of bad events, and a lot of people in the RC can confirm that delays have never been an issue up to now, and I am pretty sure that it will stay that way.

All in all, if you don't consider this to be an "get a record every month" kind of thing, but just let things come your way whenever they do (you will get the next 10 releases after all, no matter if you get them within a timeframe of <1 year or >2 years) I think that you can get a lot of enjoyment out of the RC. At least that is what I do.

I mean, like I said, I understand that the delays weren't anyone's fault, but even on records in general, pressing plants are getting backed up. This is my first subscription to any record club, so I probably feel this way since I haven't received a package yet, and hopefully my mind changes once I do. I guess I just didn't know the frequency of the packages and how soon after that they would go out from the release of the records.