Glassjaw - W&T WHITE/EYEWTKAS ORANGE HT EXCL.

travis

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha HT doesnt use those anymore.

oh really? that's good news! haven't ordered from the site in a good minute, sorry haha

No problem dude, Ive been working with them on their pccking methods and I think we got it to the point where all vinyl is being packed really well. Hopefully the days of people getting those giant boxes and damaged records is over.

You should send some instructional vinyl packing literature to the head of gohastings ;)

They fucking NEED it.

Just so you know only order vinyl from gohastings if you can't find it anywhere else. I work there and we are not given any type of boxes to send stuff out in only bubble mailers. If items are to big for a bubble mailer they recycle cardboard boxes and do what they can. Orders are sent out to the stores and are not coming out of a warehouse. Unfortunately you have no idea who is going to pack your order so its a gamble every time.

Brian

^ I'm aware of this. But if a big store with multiple locations is going to do mail order and ship from their multiple locations, then someone at the top needs to make sure that every store is shipping certain fragile item types the same way and in propriety. Right now they have a piece of shit system. The way they shipped the records that I PAID for shows complete and total ignorance and a thorough disregard for the safety and well being of products that became my property the minute they charged my credit card. Most corporate level stores have memo's and policies that get sent from the heads of the corporations through to everyone down to the bottom. They need to get their act together so that it is NOT a gamble depending on which location your order ships from. That is purely unprofessional and is poor customer service.

Their lack of consciousness on this issue is an insult to customers like me. Nobody pays for damaged goods. If they're selling items that are not listed as damaged when you purchase them, then they need to do everything in their power to be as certain as possible that the products remain undamaged before they are received by the customer.

I'm not trying to be an asshole to you at all so I'm sorry if you feel I'm being aggressive toward you. I'm not. All my hostility is directed at the irresponsibility of gohastings as an entity.

You should send some instructional vinyl packing literature to the head of gohastings ;)

They fucking NEED it.

Just so you know only order vinyl from gohastings if you can't find it anywhere else. I work there and we are not given any type of boxes to send stuff out in only bubble mailers. If items are to big for a bubble mailer they recycle cardboard boxes and do what they can. Orders are sent out to the stores and are not coming out of a warehouse. Unfortunately you have no idea who is going to pack your order so its a gamble every time.

Brian

Talk to your manager about improving shipping quality and have him/her forward the message up to corporate. It probably won't change a thing, but who knows. It would probably impve their sales, look how many people were turned off by the bubble mailer.

^ I'm aware of this. But if a big store with multiple locations is going to do mail order and ship from their multiple locations, then someone at the top needs to make sure that every store is shipping certain fragile item types the same way and in propriety. Right now they have a piece of shit system. The way they shipped the records that I PAID for shows complete and total ignorance and a thorough disregard for the safety and well being of products that became my property the minute they charged my credit card. Most corporate level stores have memo's and policies that get sent from the heads of the corporations through to everyone down to the bottom. They need to get their act together so that it is NOT a gamble depending on which location your order ships from. That is purely unprofessional and is poor customer service.

Their lack of consciousness on this issue is an insult to customers like me. Nobody pays for damaged goods. If they're selling items that are not listed as damaged when you purchase them, then they need to do everything in their power to be as certain as possible that the products remain undamaged before they are received by the customer.

I'm not trying to be an asshole to you at all so I'm sorry if you feel I'm being aggressive toward you. I'm not. All my hostility is directed at the irresponsibility of gohastings as an entity.

100% Agreed dude! You going to post a picture of how yours came? I'm curious to see it.

100% Agreed dude! You going to post a picture of how yours came? I'm curious to see it.

I'll post pics when I get home. I already tried to take pictures of the damage but it doesn't show up very well on the camera. I'll try and take more photos under good natural light with no flash. I responded to your PM.

It's a modern miracle my record got here in near mint (the flap to open the record is bent oddly (nothing a little TLC can't fix) considering they took a regular box flattened it and taped it around the edges, didn't even secure the vinyl inside the box. The record got mis-sent, was bouncing all around inside the box and still somehow managed to get here with no scuffs or scratches, thank Jebus.

It's a modern miracle my record got here in near mint (the flap to open the record is bent oddly (nothing a little TLC can't fix) considering they took a regular box flattened it and taped it around the edges, didn't even secure the vinyl inside the box. The record got mis-sent, was bouncing all around inside the box and still somehow managed to get here with no scuffs or scratches, thank Jebus.

Spaghetti NO!!! i just watched that aqua teen episode last night ..

No offense taken whatsoever, I understand your frustration. I have worked here for a long time (going on 8 years) and trying to get anything to change is almost impossible. The sad thing is most of the time when we receive vinyl it is in one of those new WEA boxes that patrickemmons posted. If they would just save those and reuse them that would solve part of the problem. Unfortunately with as much random crap that we send out I doubt they are ever going to give us any boxes and continue to use the bubble mailers. I hope if you all continue to complain about the bubble mailers maybe some changes will happen.

Brian

No offense taken whatsoever, I understand your frustration. I have worked here for a long time (going on 8 years) and trying to get anything to change is almost impossible. The sad thing is most of the time when we receive vinyl it is in one of those new WEA boxes that patrickemmons posted. If they would just save those and reuse them that would solve part of the problem. Unfortunately with as much random crap that we send out I doubt they are ever going to give us any boxes and continue to use the bubble mailers. I hope if you all continue to complain about the bubble mailers maybe some changes will happen.

Brian

Thanks, man. I respect that. Just sucks that they don't seem to be learning. I appreciate your response.

tonight...YOU

Now I gotta go watch that episode again.

Which episode is this? Sounds funny. I haven't been keeping up with ATHF as much as I would like to.

My favorites are classics like "The Shaving" and "The Clowning." That whole season was amazing.