Any comic book readers?

• 2 weeks later...

picked up Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1 and the two first issues of Deadpool vs Thanos the other day, still need to read them but i'm in the middle of Ashley Wood's Hellspawn TPB right now. I dig this alternate take on Spawn and the artwork is killer.

also, anybody read Joe Madureira's Battle Chaser's in the late 90's? it was a great book, but crazy irregular schedule made it tough to follow and it ended unfinished at #9 (i have to go back and find a couple issues i'm missing apparently). but he's finally, after 14 years, bringing it back!!! he's picking the book back up, but his primary vision for it is actually for a video game!! the game is kicking ass in a kickstarter, check it out:

a20e79ee952f59f11a9f52bf528f7be2_origina

sorry if this was posted anywhere already. i'm just pretty stoked on it (the book more than the game, but the game looks rad too)

Just got back into comics. Anyone know of something like a deadformat or discogs for comics?

i just did as well and was wondering the same thing a few days ago. maybe comicbookrealm.com? it's blocked for me here at work so i cant check, can't remember if they have something like that, but it's been a great resource for me to catch back up / figure out what i missed over the years

https://instagram.com/p/8jU3b9EsUu/

Box Office Poison by Alex Robinson
Killing and Dying by Adrian Tomine
Lose #7 by Michael DeForge
Bitch Planet volume 1 By Deconnick and De Landro
American Splendor: Another Day by Harvey Pekar with Dean Haspiel art!
Ms. Marvel Volume 1 by Wilson & Alphona
Palestine by Joe Sacco
2 Sistsers by Matt Kindt

Paper Girls Issue 1 by Brian K Vaughn
No Mercy Issue 1 by Alex De Campi

Also, I totally didn't include this in the post due to self-induced shame but uh, I totally picked up the last volume of Naruto too

What a rad day

Good to know! It's way larger than I thought. It came in a really nice trade, I'm very excited to get to it.

I just finished up Haspiel's Beef with Tomato and now I'm making my way through 2 Sisters & Killing and Dying

Yeah, Box Office Poison might be one of my favorite indie books of all time. I need to find my copy. Not a ton of mainstream comic readers are familiar with it. Wish they were though.